1. May 4, 2023  

Rogue Build Doubts by a Newbie

Hi everyone! I'm a rogue player since this January and I'm here to ask for suggestions.

Basically, I have always played Evis build since I started to gather some items cause I liked that more than the Rupture build.
    I'm 5.7k gs.
    Till a few days ago my build was full ARP socketed for a total of 981 with 2t10 (Head and Shoulders, Cat Bulgars Gloves gangrenous leggings, and HWT (Frost trinket) and Banner of victory.
    Since I find it nearly impossible to get my hands on DBW or STS due to the high reservation ratio and I don't want to make a run with reserved items due to my policy, I decided to have a try on a low rupture build, switching my sockets to AGI and keeping HWT+Mark of supremacy (AP version).
    I also introduced 2 more t4 pieces since I was giving up on ARP to check how it would have worked.
    So basically now I've like 429 arp (30%).
    I wasn't expecting major changes but I feel like I do less dmg than I'm supposed to, compared to a UDK friend that I was always beating by 1-2k dps and with which now I'm at the same dps output (that is 9k Outside ICC long fights like Toc bosses for example and 7k Hero RDF standard fight while I wasn't able to test on ICC with the new build) and now I'm wondering if it will be worth regemming ARP and put NES (Fos trinket with ARP) to reach 722 ARP and get 1400 with NES procs playing low rupture with Evis during the NES procs or I just have to practice more with the low rupture or again if I have just to go back to the standard build (the intial one wit Evis build a 981 ARP) accepting that level of dps while grinding for DBW/STS.
    I've read tons of guides and a really good one here and I was sure I would have had some benefits from the switch, so I don't know if I'm getting something wrong, and that's where I hope that you can help me, also because I'm spending lots of golds for all sockets and tests and swaps and so on, without considering Frosts emblems :/ I'm not complaining cause experimenting is my choice but as matter of facts it counts xD

So if it can help you this is armory link https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary and plus the items that you see here equipped i have: Cat Burlgars Gloves, Gangrenous Leggins, NES trinked and Banner of victory trinket.

If you have any other questions i'll be happy to answer.
    Ty for everyone who will answer and people that spent their time reading this.

S3mone
    Edited: May 4, 2023 Reason: Few corrections for better understanding and my final signature

2. May 4, 2023  
    Double check if you had mangle/trauma debuff on the target when you compared the dmg. 30% on rupture is big diff. In that regards armpen evis is less dependant on others and can potentionally do higher dps in 5/10 mans where the buff might be missing.

Also check your crit when fully buffed in raid.
    Your might be hitting the crit cap already so portion of the agi gems might not give you full benefit.
    OR
    You it is the oposite, where you still have room for more crit and have too much hit from wrong place (Mark of supremacy).
    Maybe switch it for either Banner or NES and change some gems to agi+hit (use them to match socket bonuses with agi if possible).

Also you can swap to Banner + NES on fights that are too short or have interuptions (issue with HWT stacking taking too long or dropping stacks mid fight).