1. May 5, 2023  

How many types of PvP feral druids are there?

I know how feral druids are very versatile and it can be played very uniquely depending on your own style, and I know about the shred with arp build, also the bleed build with agility & lots resilience.

I however use the arp gear but using mangle instead of shred, and I also spec into shapeshifting because I play in bear form a lot especially in BGs. I might not be a force to be reckoned with when I'm all alone, but seems like whenever I play in this style my raid can always push back the opposing faction in BGs so I have a lot of fun with that.

I thought that was about as custom feral druids can get but then one time while I was out playing bird simulator in northrend I saw this full pve druid kill this super challenging ret I sometimes fight, and he did it very easily. I checked him out and he pretty much had capped arp and kept DPS-ing in bear form the whole time with Berserk on. It might be weird, might be wrong, but that to me looked just about as weird as one of those full pve combat rogues.

Earlier today I came across this feral druid with a bear spec & high expertise just to they can dps in bear form through evasion, shield block, etc. I saw him duel this warrior with shield block on, and I tried to kept facing him in bear form, all his attacks really did go through. This one was a little too weird for me, but hey it's definitely new.

I was wondering if there are other specs that are good that are outside the conventional arp shred & agi bleed build.

2. May 5, 2023  
    I don't think there are much variations talent wise, but adjusting your gear to get an edge if you know class you will be facing (or can get out of combat to switch after being attacked) in most likely 1v1 situation makes absolute sense.

In TBC I had full shadow resist set for Illidan tanking. Used it for those rdruid+lock/shp+lock combos quite frequently. They usually just left after they reliaze they can't land a single dot.

3. May 5, 2023  
    I personally have experienced decent results using mangle glyph with arp due to latency issues. It helps a lot to not need to position perfectly the whole time. However, positioning generally more behind a target rather than in front saves you from a lot of damage and ensures a lot fewer avoidance mechanics. Mangle doesn't quite have the burst during berserk that shred does and because you can spam it freely vs shred, you run into energy problems MORE often rather than not due to positioning requirements kind of creating energy breathers. This also tends to do way better when fighting in Bearform.

4. May 6, 2023  
    I don't think there are much variations talent wise, but adjusting your gear to get an edge if you know class you will be facing (or can get out of combat to switch after being attacked) in most likely 1v1 situation makes absolute sense.

In TBC I had full shadow resist set for Illidan tanking. Used it for those rdruid+lock/shp+lock combos quite frequently. They usually just left after they reliaze they can't land a single dot.
    Do you have any cool unique gear recommendations? I've only ever tried & tested these:

1. Full pvp with very high resilience & darkmoon card berserker to get 1.5k resilience to beat those full pve rogues & hunters.
    2. General arp gear
    3. General agility gear

Any idea if the sindragosa trinket is better than corroded skeleton key? I mean it's only a 1 minute CD. Or if darkmoon card berserker is still on par with those 2 so it's ok if I just keep the darkmoon card.

I personally have experienced decent results using mangle glyph with arp due to latency issues. It helps a lot to not need to
    position perfectly the whole time. However, positioning generally more behind a target rather than in front saves you from a lot of damage and ensures a lot fewer avoidance mechanics. Mangle doesn't quite have the burst during berserk that shred does and because you can spam it freely vs shred, you run into energy problems MORE often rather than not due to positioning requirements kind of creating energy breathers. This also tends to do way better when fighting in Bearform.
    Yeah true! I also have latency issues and mangle helps. It's not that my connection is bad, latency is still green but of course someone closer to the server will have much lower ping than me and I can never truly get behind those guys. I still shred when it's free from clearcasting, or when I fight people with lots of avoidance I just try my best to shred because I can't even click shred if I'm not behind them, but mangle always works and if they block it then it's a waste of energy.

5. May 16, 2023  
    Sry for late reply, been bussy...

Your list of gear sets is pretty much what I would get + add some spell resist one (sindy trink, ony ring, some shadow/frost enchs).
    Some lucky resists on frost novas or dk dots (prevents self heal) can help you a lot. It reduces dmg taken from gargoyle as well while still providing nice stam bonus agains dk's melee portion of dmg.

Sindy trink vs Skeleton, I would say that if you are not boosting resistance in any other way and your gift of the wild has been spell stolen/dispelled/purged, then Skely key is better as it is guarantied absorb vs maybe resist.
    On the other hand I can't imagine how would you use it offensively, but for Sindy trink it could be possible.

Berserker has not so good proc tbh, so personally I would get rid of it at that lvl of gear. Better to get Platinum Disc of Battle from WG where you can align the use effect with your opener/berserk.

6. May 25, 2023  
    Sry for late reply, been bussy...

Your list of gear sets is pretty much what I would get + add some spell resist one (sindy trink, ony ring, some shadow/frost enchs).
    Some lucky resists on frost novas or dk dots (prevents self heal) can help you a lot. It reduces dmg taken from gargoyle as well while still providing nice stam bonus agains dk's melee portion of dmg.

Sindy trink vs Skeleton, I would say that if you are not boosting resistance in any other way and your gift of the wild has been spell stolen/dispelled/purged, then Skely key is better as it is guarantied absorb vs maybe resist.
    On the other hand I can't imagine how would you use it offensively, but for Sindy trink it could be possible.

Berserker has not so good proc tbh, so personally I would get rid of it at that lvl of gear. Better to get Platinum Disc of Battle from WG where you can align the use effect with your opener/berserk.
    Aahh....that Platinum Disk is a good recommendation. I'm going to try it! Thank you!