1. May 6, 2023  

Stealth Mechanics

Hello fella rogues,

So in few words I was wondering how good is Nelf over Human. I see most nelf rogues put a single point on Master of Deception as they have the racial extra stealth and use the increased stealth back enchant. Is this equivalent to 3/3 Master of deception?

Humans have Perception and an Extra trinket, but a Nelf has Meld and also the +2% chance to get missed. (dont remember its name)

Thanks in advance!

2. May 19, 2023  
    Stealth value is 5 points + 5 per level.
    Master of Deception each point gives flat 5 value effect to stealth.
    Elusiveness passive gives 5 value to stealth.

So basically as nelf rogue with 2/3 Master of Deception you got same stealth value as other race with 3/3 Master of Deception.

/edit

Human Perception gives them flat bonus 50 value to detection, means when he popup his racial you get -50 to stealth value.

/edit 2

Enchant Cloak - Stealth gives +5 value to stealth

Nightelf Shadowmeld gives +5 per level value to stealth, but im pretty sure it doesnt stack with Stealth, its just Stealth for nonRogue classes or extra smaller version of Vanish for Nelf rogue.

I personally pick Nelfs for extra vanish and one talent point taken from Master of Deception and visual of character.
    Human rogue will get you sapped most of the time, and have extra trinket for boosting opener dmg or finishing dmg, buts still they are fugly :)

/edit 3

Heres YT video explaining stealth and detection mechanics in TBC , but still it doesnt change a lot in wotlk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7wEopVe2s
    Edited: May 19, 2023