1. May 11, 2023  

Sad summary of the situation at Warmane. - PvP Scene

Hey guys!

I wanted to share my experiences and hopefully you will share yours. This is not a QQ thread but im very dissappointed.

First of all after Frostmourne decomission there is no option to do other things except high end PvP with SHM holder (like hundreds having the SHM rlly) which totally infect the meta the way it does. I was trying to gear up a char to lower gs, to start to enjoy the game again and avoid gy farmers. Well I was playing with my 3,4k gs priest with 5 or 5,5k+ gs ppl, so it seems that cant work constantly.

LORDAERON also the same bg group so thats also not a solution to "migrate" there.

TWINKING is dead totally, there are no bgs at all. Avoid it at any cost except u want to farm levelers. (1 month experience, queueing every early evening with my 60-69 ROG)

ARENAS basically are hard to enjoy. U will meet only S or S+ tier comps comps, oneshotting u in 1200 resi. (rog/mage, rog/sh, combat rogs) If you want to think outside the box you will be butchered to the ground. Also if you want to reach a donor gs, you need to grind shards for shm (nerfed) and farm ICC/RS for months for those BIS PVE items. During ur arena cap u will be destroyed to the ground till for those months of grinding. 3v3 is almost dead, only the burst down BIS ppl join it, while the server has almost 20k player every afternoon.

BGS are horrible solo. With PvP guilds it can work, and thats the only way you should play it. Otherwise you going to get farmed by gy farmers, or play next to them in 1 hr AV or IOC.

I guess the server is too old and ppl had enough time to get BIS also. Newcomers come and quit, that is why this all thing is still alive. I think the PvP scene cant attract newcomers, but some fresh air would be urgent. That was Frostmourne for hundreds of ppl.

I guess the summer is here progressive server isnt so its better to look elsewhere (irl).

I really want to find a motivation to play through this. Since i didnt harm anyone I hope the topic can avoid negativity. Sorry but i feel im forced to play against those elite donors, feeding them. We have no other option. Get used to is or escape.
    Edited: May 11, 2023 Reason: Grammar

2. May 11, 2023  

ARENAS basically are hard to enjoy. U will meet only S or S+ tier comps comps, oneshotting u in 1200 resi. (rog/mage, rog/sh, combat rogs) If you want to think outside the box you will be butchered to the ground. Also if you want to reach a donor gs, you need to grind shards for shm (nerfed) and farm ICC/RS for months for those BIS PVE items. During ur arena cap u will be destroyed to the ground till for those months of grinding.
    This will apply for every game not only WoW, in 2012 (I think not 100% sure) I went 2.2k Rating in 2's here on warmane, I was noob holy paladin (just general knowledge), never used hand of sacrifice / Aura mastery etc, and my warrior partner was some random dude I just met and I found out after some 300-400 matches that he never used pummel and warriors was supposed to use pummel, we we're both like having relentless helm and shoulders and not even bis offpieces.

Going arenas now a decade later there's no chanse in hell that would even get over 1400 rating. People get better, more things / addons -caugh scripts- gets known and the skillcap skyrockets.

BGS are horrible solo. With PvP guilds it can work, and thats the only way you should play it. Otherwise you going to get farmed by gy farmers, or play next to them in 1 hr AV or IOC.
    The new thing is not about getting honor from doing BG's the most suscessfull ways, It's about boosting up your kill list to show off how pro you are nowadays, thats why these guys even farm ICC entrence or WG whatever PVE spot that has a lot of people attracted to it so they can get some Kills while waiting for next BG queue to pop (remember when the portal to WG teleported you OUTSIDE the door... exactly, that became the new SPOT to be on even to such extent that there was no point in doing BG's at all and some even logged alt account's to join WG just so they could LOOSE, just so more enemy faction players would teleport into their premades waiting outside VoA stairs.)

I guess the server is too old and ppl had enough time to get BIS also. Newcomers come and quit, that is why this all thing is still alive. I think the PvP scene cant attract newcomers, but some fresh air would be urgent. That was Frostmourne for hundreds of ppl.

I guess the summer is here progressive server isnt so its better to look elsewhere (irl).

I really want to find a motivation to play through this. Since i didnt harm anyone I hope the topic can avoid negativity. Sorry but i feel im forced to play against those elite donors, feeding them. We have no other option. Get used to is or escape.
    Well we DO have Battleground's that's for low geared players and once you get good enough gear youl reach the upper BG with better geared people, Many including me think that a 3rd bg between fresh and end game bis would be perfect but it's a question of if there's enough people to fill the queues not only during the day but night aswell.

You are not alone with that mindset though thats exactly why WOTLK classic and Frostmourne gained such success hell, even Lordareon when it launched, But Imo it's all fine and dandy until that very last part of WOTLK comes into play, when ICC opends, and the stats of those end game items just goes to make every single class an absolute unit nuking anyone else down in a second thats not equally as geared, specially ARP classes and shadowmourne users but not to mention the glass cannon mages etcetc.

Thing is also this, EVERYONE wants to be that unit of a guy.

3. May 11, 2023  
    What about league of legends or counter strike? it's a reoccuring issue a lot of games who been around a while, specially if in the competitive nature, even if world of warcraft would be looked at as teamwork game imo, after all these years that must have teamwork isn't as needed and most players now actually knows exactly what to do and people fall into the more competitive aspect of the game, looking good on recount / kills / high rating etcetc.

just right click and ignore, honestly, its the best, and dont fall for baits or feed any trolls, dont give them the satisfaction for their twisted needs.

4. May 11, 2023  
    So because the server is old enough for everyone to get bis they're also donors? Is anyone else seeing the inherent contradictions scattered around the post?

The reality of the situation is a whole lot simpler: The sheep herd can't figure out what to do besides copy Kenzz.

5. May 11, 2023  
    Lol that attitude. :) I said the server is old enough, thats why a lot of dudes have already time to grind BIS. However inspecting ppl before BG start I realized there are still a plenty of "Elite" donors spending high amount of money.

The server wont attract newcomers to do pvp. I'm playing the whole day with/against the same dudes on bgs. While we have 20k player online during peak times.

6. May 11, 2023  
    What about league of legends or counter strike? it's a reoccuring issue a lot of games who been around a while, specially if in the competitive nature, even if world of warcraft would be looked at as teamwork game imo, after all these years that must have teamwork isn't as needed and most players now actually knows exactly what to do and people fall into the more competitive aspect of the game, looking good on recount / kills / high rating etcetc.

just right click and ignore, honestly, its the best, and dont fall for baits or feed any trolls, dont give them the satisfaction for their twisted needs.
    This will apply for every game not only WoW, in 2012 (I think not 100% sure) I went 2.2k Rating in 2's here on warmane, I was noob holy paladin (just general knowledge), never used hand of sacrifice / Aura mastery etc, and my warrior partner was some random dude I just met and I found out after some 300-400 matches that he never used pummel and warriors was supposed to use pummel, we we're both like having relentless helm and shoulders and not even bis offpieces.

Going arenas now a decade later there's no chanse in hell that would even get over 1400 rating. People get better, more things / addons -caugh scripts- gets known and the skillcap skyrockets.

The new thing is not about getting honor from doing BG's the most suscessfull ways, It's about boosting up your kill list to show off how pro you are nowadays, thats why these guys even farm ICC entrence or WG whatever PVE spot that has a lot of people attracted to it so they can get some Kills while waiting for next BG queue to pop (remember when the portal to WG teleported you OUTSIDE the door... exactly, that became the new SPOT to be on even to such extent that there was no point in doing BG's at all and some even logged alt account's to join WG just so they could LOOSE, just so more enemy faction players would teleport into their premades waiting outside VoA stairs.)

Well we DO have Battleground's that's for low geared players and once you get good enough gear youl reach the upper BG with better geared people, Many including me think that a 3rd bg between fresh and end game bis would be perfect but it's a question of if there's enough people to fill the queues not only during the day but night aswell.

You are not alone with that mindset though thats exactly why WOTLK classic and Frostmourne gained such success hell, even Lordareon when it launched, But Imo it's all fine and dandy until that very last part of WOTLK comes into play, when ICC opends, and the stats of those end game items just goes to make every single class an absolute unit nuking anyone else down in a second thats not equally as geared, specially ARP classes and shadowmourne users but not to mention the glass cannon mages etcetc.

Thing is also this, EVERYONE wants to be that unit of a guy.
    Thanks for ur answer and suggestions mate.

7. May 11, 2023  
    Yes, the server is old enough that we've been hearing the whining of a broken record saying "I'm new and _ is unfair" for years. Welcome to Earth?

For years people cried donor, then they cried multiboxer, then they cried donor multiboxer, now we're back to donor. If they're so bad then why not group up and farm them? I know that's what I've been doing since the beginning.

Also pretty sure we're in different brackets or vastly different times because I've been running BGs a lot lately and I'm rarely coming across the same people twice.

8. May 12, 2023  
    Well dude i just wont agree with you sorry. I usually play with the same dudes over and over again knowing them by name already.

Yes its unfair and life is unfair ok i can accept that but still a lot of ppl dont want to play Icecrown because it has the most toxic community ive ever seen. Where are the ppl of Frostmourne? Ive didnt seen Icecrown activity have increased since the decomission.... Ppl went offline until the next project i think.

If i go to Lordaeron i will find myself in the same BG group. Frostwolf is with 200 players. So basically ur forced to play Icecrown feeding elite donators in bgs. Ive donated also, because warmane doing a great job overall, and they deserve to get subsidy but im a little ****** dwarf next to the folks who are having 3-4+ BIS toon with 6,5k gs +. -> If u see BIS PvP guys, 90% of em have 1550 best achi or maybe 1750. --->Donated BIS. BGs are filled with these dudes.

If someone love to play Icecrown then go and do it. I personally and i guess we have other dudes out there who are think the same why like me dont enjoy this. There are player created problems which cant be solved by gms but these are still existing problems on Icecrown.

I really respect Warmane and the work of the GM-s here and i want to play here(!) however i have no choice but going on Icecrown the way ive mention. Thats the big problem here.
    Edited: May 12, 2023 Reason: Grammar

9. May 12, 2023  
    I personally been on Icecrown since 2009 (Neltharion - Ragnaros - Icecrown, been merged 3 times to increase player cap) and I seen the huge change taking place year after year and that's exactly why (I think) Warmane opened up new Fresh realms with a new idea behind them, truth is A LOT of people, up to about 50% of all players like the fresh feel and everyone else progressing, I say that from studying on population number along with queues every time Warmane did one of these projects.

When they made world of warcraft it was never thought off how the game would work being in on the same patch for 14 years and what problems that would start to pop up, but there ARE guilds, several of them, on Icecrown, that does the progressive runs and help newcommers through ICC and do TOC runs to gear it's members, just keep your eyes open on global chatt to spot them and ignore the other guild / WTS my character spammers so you can se thigns on global you actually want to se.

These progressive guilds don't allways recruit though as they get filled very easy and might up ending have to stop inviting people due to how many members they have wanting invites everytime they do guild runs so, also ask around if you do RDF / raid, "hey guys anyone knows a nice and progressive guild"
    Usually they are much more understanding of people making misstakes and not as elitist as much of the community are after all these years.

10. May 15, 2023  
    I used to play in other servers that didn't last and it's pretty much the same, only the difficulty on Warmane is very heightened because the server is so old & crowded that the BiS people just keep piling up. I mean look at world PVP, it's like africa. You find somebody you want to kill, you go in, some other enemy jumps down to kill u too, then another ally comes to help, another horde, another ally, it's like wtf??? But it's a sign of a well-populated server I guess so that's not bad news.

But I agree yes, servers like Frostmourne should always be available