1. May 13, 2023  

Unholy DK or prot warrior pvp

Never played a DK till a few days ago, and not sure yet what to think about it (if its for me or not)
    I just cant decide on a class, all i know is i tooked a break from wow for years and now that i started again i dont have same patience for dealing with casting spells as a caster. So all i want is kinda smack people in the face with a bat and be an *****.

Anyway, i like prot warrior but not sure if it works in arena. I know it hits hard when it gets the gear, but problem is being ignored and rage starved. So im not sure if its any good in 2v2 at higher rating ?

Unholy dk never played it (leveling now) and its all kinda weird compared to a warrior with all the rune tracking and stuff.

I think i like more the prot warrior but im afraid to take the long journey to realise its not viable in 2v2.

PS: been years since i played but i was good at pvp, reached 2000 on old Arena Tournament realm so that wasnt the best out there but not a peasant either.

2. May 14, 2023  

3. May 15, 2023  
    I play a prot warrior and it's great in arena! Massive damage, can kill cloths fast most of the time (unless it's a frost mage and your partner cannot dispel roots), it's very anti-melee so you're still very tanky even though gear is near 0 resilience. In arena, classes harder to deal with are ret & prot paladins (because they aren't 100% melee), and combat rogues if they somehow manage to get you alone, even then you'd still survive if you pop shield wall or last stand mid-Killing Spree. My tip to avoid being rage-starved for beginners is to simply skip heroic strike & cleave.

If you get bored you can always roll your off spec Arms, and it will be easy because you can still keep a lot of the gear you use from Prot. Check the gear of a random bis Arms warrior, there are many.

Don't know much about DKs but they seem very good. When both trinkets proc their burst is big, and I call it afk burst, because gargoyle & their anti spells do all the work, while the DKs themselves pretty much just play like usual. Their average dps is almost high but it's consistent, near anti-spells, heals a lot, and very tanky. Maybe I just don't know the best of the best DKs, but they seem to die easy from bis arms warriors & ret paladins. Like I've seen so many die from bladestorm by shadowmourners in arena.

I don't play DK because I don't like the way runes & runic power works.

I see DK as the #1 choice if you want to play gay & win 90% of the time, while if I encounter a prot warrior and die from it I just go "oh well..." and move on
    Edited: May 15, 2023