1. May 17, 2023  

Question about Going out of bounds

I have no idea where to ask this an thought this would be an appropriate place to ask.
    Is going out of bounds bannable when it is only meant to be explorational or is it just straight up bannable since it can be used for exploits?

2. May 17, 2023  
    From my experience, you have nothing to worry about unless you're using it to gain an advantage on other players. If you aren't making anyone mad, they won't report you so the odds of getting "caught" are basically zero. Not sure about official policy for strictly exploration exploits though.

3. May 17, 2023  
    Speaking out of principle, you should be banned even for the most innocent of exploration exploits. Because, again, out of principle, where's the 110% guarantee you won't use an exploit to gain an unfair advantage over someone else?
    That's not to brand you or anyone in particular a cheater, it's mean to be a clear line of what is allowed and what is not.

4. May 17, 2023  
    By that logic I should be banned if I say I know how to do an exploit. Even if I don't do it, since I still have the capacity to. I think the fine line to draw is when people use it to gain an advantage on other players. If I'm on top of a mountain in Silithus I don't see any reason for anyone to care at all. I installed the whole game, I want to use the whole game. What is inherently wrong about being in a particular place that offers no advantage in any possible way?

5. May 17, 2023  
    So I'm asking because I wanted to make a post about out of bounds sight seeing and showing routes how to get into some unaccessible places to explore and don't want to get banned for that xd

6. May 18, 2023  
    My main is named Ingurgitate on Icecrown Alliance. Whisper me ingame if you want more insight.

7. May 18, 2023  
    By that logic I should be banned if I say I know how to do an exploit. Even if I don't do it, since I still have the capacity to.
    No clue how you make this bizarre jump out of what his post said. Any murder is a murder, but just knowing how to commit one won't get you sent to jail. All he is saying is simply that an exploit is an exploit, no matter whether there's an "advantage" gained or not. It's something you aren't meant to do, that the game imposes barriers to keep you from doing, but you use certain means to break past and do anyway. Whether GMs might overlook some specific exploit or not is a different matter, and up to them to answer, but it doesn't make it less of an exploit. Just don't be surprised if they take action against you and claiming "there was no advantage" changes nothing.

Regarding making a post about it, that isn't a matter decided by GMs, that would be on the Moderators. I don't see you getting banned from the Forum for it, but can see it not getting approved.