1. May 18, 2023  

Video set-up and troubles with FPS

Hi guys, I have a problem to set up my WoW Wotlk to a decent playable resolution and fps.

I keep finding troubles setting up a good resolution while I play, let's say I want to play at 1920x1080 (wide), the FPS drops drastically to 12/15 even if using a good gaming laptop. I've been playing different recent games so the RTX 3050 can handle it I guess. What vide set up you recommend?

Also every time I run the Wow.exe it launches the terms of use. Is it normal? Thank you.

2. May 19, 2023  
    It's old client, and not that well optimized. There are some limitations to it. FPS drops will happen regardless of how powerful the PC is.
    Some environmental textures can be lowered to help with FPS dips (weather effects, shadows and view distance). View distance might give biggest boost if you drop it even a little.

Some PC settings might be reducing the performance (battery saving mode, performance vs energy saving settings etc.)

What comes to ToU popping up on each launch, open your WoW folder and open its properties (right click), under the general tab there's "Read-only" that's probably checked. Un-check that one and it should fix it. Though you prolly have to go through one more ToU/ToS agreements before they stop appearing.