1. May 20, 2023  

RHC Dungeon Finder Rewards

Hi,

I've been thinking recently after waiting for 25 minutes for a dungeon queue the other day.
    Has Warmane staff considered making retail like mechanics where roles that are missing in a dungeon finder are getting some sort of reward satchel for those that queue up as that role.

In 90% of instances thats a tank and in remaining 10% its a healer. It would sure be an incentive for people to queue up as those missing roles if they got some sort of reward from it like some crafting materials and/or gold. Doesnt have to be economy breaking but it would be resonable to make it couple hundred gold worth of stuff as an additional way of making gold, farming materials and doing dungeons along the way.

2. May 20, 2023  
    I play on a MoP server that has this and I take advantage of it by waiting to queue as tank until I'm guaranteed to get that satchel. When you open the dungeon finder you see a little colored circle next to role (bronze, silver or gold) if its needed. So I wait until the gold circle appear for tank role and if I get an instant dungeon pop, I do it. If I don't get a dungeon immediately then the healer will likely get that satchel instead of me when they queue up so I leave the queue and try again in a minute or two.

3. May 21, 2023  
    I play on a MoP server that has this and I take advantage of it by waiting to queue as tank until I'm guaranteed to get that satchel. When you open the dungeon finder you see a little colored circle next to role (bronze, silver or gold) if its needed. So I wait until the gold circle appear for tank role and if I get an instant dungeon pop, I do it. If I don't get a dungeon immediately then the healer will likely get that satchel instead of me when they queue up so I leave the queue and try again in a minute or two.
    This is called call to arms, same as for battlegrounds and was implemented in Cataclysm. It's currently active on the classic WotLK and rewards are not only gold, but also mounts. Quote:
    "There is even a small chance at some very rare mounts such as Deathcharger's Reins, Swift White Hawkstrider, and Reins of the Raven Lord!"

4. May 21, 2023  
    I dont see why more than one role wouldnt be able to get the satchel. But I feel like this would definitely be a good addition to the game and certainly not hard to implement since there is already a feature in queue that shows missing roles.

5. May 25, 2023  
    I like your idea, they should add something like that to faster que for RHC.

Because I'm really sick of players joining after 20 minutes then tank leaves for no reason, then ruin gameplay, wait again until someone joins.

This should be a great idea to add.

6. May 25, 2023  
    Wouldn't this be favoring a role over another? Should DPS be compensated for the long queue times with rewards?

"Give this role more rewards, so that I can get mine quicker", is what you're saying.

Should tanks get extra rewards, considering there are oh so many strong and independent DPS who need no tank to complete RDF, and have 0 respect for tanks and their job? Yet when they die, it's either "this ****ty tank's fault" or "healer was asleep" ?

7. May 25, 2023  
    While I get the idea behind the suggestion I'd just like to point out there's a good chance this issue exists because people keep coming up with theories about how to get other people to play tanks and healers but here we are years down the road and nothing changed. It's time to stop whoring the meters.

8. May 25, 2023  
    Lots of times tanking is a nightmare, and I rather wait 15mins as damage. It just sucks you dry when monkeys with rabies are pulling things and cant wait 3 seconds to collect mobs.

Only real thing that will have some degree of effect is doubling threat modifiers for tanks.

9. May 25, 2023  
    Tanking is just fine the way it is. more tanks is not the problem. the problem is you that wants instant queue pop as a dps. but the solution is simple, learn to tank. that way you get instant queue and get to be the boss.

10. May 26, 2023  
    This argument makes no sense, I am playing on this server for 8 years and I am clearing the endgame content every week with all roles so this makes no sense what you say. My intention with this issue I brought up is to offer a solution that will motivate more people to queue up as tanks and healers rather than DPS for their daily RDF.
    Right now people who dont mind waiting will rather sit there 15 minutes waiting for queue as DPS rather than queue up as tank. Which drags other people who dont have the option to queue as tank in the waiting as well.

11. June 8, 2023  
    In response to @OhieMetzin
    To the first question, yes, that's the whole point, to favor tanks since they're scarse, and that's not a bad thing imo since there aren't many and we want people to play more tanks so we dps can join rdf faster. Same thing happens in countries where people don't want to have children, the government gives them an incentive.

To the second question, no, because there are many dps out there, it doesn't make sense, it would stop being an incentive to the tanks.
    To the text in quotations, yes, that's exactly what he means and there's nothing wrong with it imo, many people want to get to do their rdf faster because they sometimes only have a break or one hour to complete their rdf and it's nice to help them get rdf quicker. Stop thinking people should suffer just cuz.

Not all dps who join are "oh so strong" so as to break everything, and the oh so strong dpsers not all care for rdf anymore, since they can get more from raids, more often you find gearing players in rdf, and if the strong dps join, not all can join as tanks to break the system, and they can't always tank certain adds or bosses.
    About your comment on being disrespectful toward tanks, it happens whether they join with extra rewards or not, simply don't let them know that this tank will get extra rewards, or don't give a sht about people's opinions. Many people are gonna be happier that they get faster rdf to care or complain. And everyone always complains for anything anyways.

I don't see a problem with this at all.
    Edited: June 8, 2023 Reason: In response to a previous comment. But I noticed it's not clear. Also, typos.

12. June 9, 2023  
    Awesome.. lets say this gets implemented and you gain a large number of tanks, are we going to ask for extra rewards when healers gets low? I'm a Tank main and more then often I have to sit and wait for DPS to join the que. So asking for additional rewards is going to get swapped to whatever role is in demand?

I don't see this being a long-term Fix only extra work on administrations side. if you struggle with a group make a few friends or form the group pre-que.

13. Awesome.. lets say this gets implemented and you gain a large number of tanks, are we going to ask for extra rewards when healers gets low? I'm a Tank main and more then often I have to sit and wait for DPS to join the que. So asking for additional rewards is going to get swapped to whatever role is in demand?

I don't see this being a long-term Fix only extra work on administrations side. if you struggle with a group make a few friends or form the group pre-que.
    Exactly, whichever roles is in demand without supply is the one that will receive a bonus for queueing up as that role. Regardless if it is a DPS, Tank or a Healer. But since the case is that its the tank that is missing means that tanks were the main focus of my post.