1. May 22, 2023  

Let the player choose if he wants PVP or PVE on Icecrown

Why not let the individual player choose if he wants World PVP enabled or not. There are a lot of corpse campers, High End Chars and so on camping in vital spots and killing low lvl ppl just for the fun of it. This sucks and can demote user experience and gameplay. A quest which takes 5 Minutes can tanke a eternity when someone is waiting there for you to kill you. So why not?
    When you go trough the forum you see a lot of ppl complaining about this.

2. May 22, 2023  
    That's like going to your pizzeria and asking why don't they sell furniture.
    We host Icecrown as a PvP server. That's what we want to offer to players in Icecrown, for free as well. While that might not be the best suited for your preference, it doesn't mean we should or will start serving furniture instead.

3. May 22, 2023  
    I am a casual PvE enjoyer. After playing on official Classic server for long time, my search for bigger population have lead me here. I am that type of person who will gladly kill 12 boars, multiple times, if it means that my character will be rewarded with even a slight increase of power. I love to see my character slowly progress and level. I certainly do not want to dedicate 1-2 hours of my time every day for forced PvP that will heavily impact my playing experience based on how bad some random 80 lvl douchebag rogue's day it was. The PvE experience is DEAD on official Classic servers. The US has Horde PvE "megaserver" and EU has Alliance "megaserver" which populations are mid most of the time. PvE players have nowhere to go but breathe copium and play on official servers.
    So yeah, PvE community does exist and it is now in god awful sorry state.

4. May 22, 2023  
    Guess how long the quest will take when the abusers will camp the npcs and you won't be able to do nothing about it?

5. May 22, 2023  
    Exactly, this server and all the realms not for me. I'll play a bit as the client download has finished anyway. I'm just saying a peaceful 1x realm that respects players free time would be nice to have. Blizzard so drunk on lvl boosts and content skipping, they practically deleted the 1-70 experience.
    The first thing I noticed after logging in with newly created Allience character in Icecrown realm is dead bodies of Horde players and lvl 80 Allience players auto-followin low level characters. Great first impression.

6. May 22, 2023  
    "I want to play MMO that respects my time", that is such a ridiculous statement, I don't even know from where to start, my brain just lock up from absurdity of such words.

7. May 22, 2023  
    I do what I want in MMO. If I enjoy it that means it's time well spent. There are a lot of MMOS like that. I do not enjoy it if there's extremely inconvenient mechanic I am forced to perform and participate in, in order to have regular moments of "fun". The problem is not me asking too much, the problem is players like you being brainwashed and not demanding/expecting more.

8. May 22, 2023  
    I expected Frodo to fly to Mount Doom on the wings of great eagle, so there is no chance he gets ganked. Instead they wasted hours and hours with 3 movies. So I truly understand you.

9. May 22, 2023  
    That's like going to your pizzeria and asking why don't they sell furniture.
    We host Icecrown as a PvP server. That's what we want to offer to players in Icecrown, for free as well. While that might not be the best suited for your preference, it doesn't mean we should or will start serving furniture instead.
    well thats a nice comparison and i dont mean to be mean in any way, but for starters you (warmane) are the pizzeria (provider) and you should serve the pizza community wants.
    Yes Icecrown is free but you cant deny that the server obviously is earning money, if not there wouldnt be paid staff and the hosting and dev costs would have ruined the project years ago.
    So far there is no PVE Realm from your side and with my suggestion i wanted to contribute to make all players happy but if you dislike the idea that much it must mean that warmane only wants PVP Servers since you dont take the slightest effort to suggestion in desideration.
    Is that what you want to communicate? i was only pointing it out that it would be a nice idea for players who dislike the world PVP.
    As a forum moderator you shouldn´t be so negative towards new posts on the forum, but to respond in your comparison from above you dont need to sell furniture you just have to try to make the pizza that tastes all of your customers.
    I just wanted to raise awarness for the situation, since from what i´ve seen in the forum there are plenty of ppl posting about world pvp and how they dislike it.
    But like written above if you dont want to take new things in consideration just say it but dont make so casual posts to make players ideas bad!!!

10. May 22, 2023  
    "I do what I want in MMO. If I enjoy it that means it's time well spent."

Coming from an avid PvPer who participated in endless camping of anything red, >level 72 in Icecrown to Borean Tundra, and the infamous Alterac Valley BGs Icecrown alliance always used to dominate (Old Division ftw! Thank you for the title.); this sentence works for us too.

Some of us just want to chase a challenge, sure we'll go find someone or some premade our own size to duel and push ourselves. Some of us chase Honor Kills, whether it has any meaning at all. Some of us just want big numbers all over the screen. And then there's some of us who, whether we're waiting for BG queue to pop or we just don't like your name, we will chase you and kill you as long as you're red. It's our time well spent!

PvP is healthy! /warm welcome
    Edited: May 22, 2023

11. May 22, 2023  
    I expected Frodo to fly to Mount Doom on the wings of great eagle, so there is no chance he gets ganked. Instead they wasted hours and hours with 3 movies. So I truly understand you.
    If I would want to see how Frodo flies to the Mount Doom on an eagle I would have played Retail where progress is pretty much meaningless. Imagine a trilogy where buying boost is 10 minute intro to the movie and then 3 movies 3 hours each is about collecting mounts all over Middle-earth.

12. May 22, 2023  
    well thats a nice comparison and i dont mean to be mean in any way, but for starters you (warmane) are the pizzeria (provider) and you should serve the pizza community wants.
    You aren't asking for a pizza, you are asking for furniture in our pizzeria.

And "just say it"? We have been saying it for literally over a decade. The Suggestions section even has a rule stating to NOT suggest changing a server to PvE. Is this a "do you want me to draw you a picture" moment?

13. May 22, 2023  
    If I would want to see how Frodo flies to the Mount Doom on an eagle I would have played Retail where progress is pretty much meaningless. Imagine a trilogy where buying boost is 10 minute intro to the movie and then 3 movies 3 hours each is about collecting mounts all over Middle-earth.
    So you want progress here to be also meaningless? Why would you go and kill those 12 boars to get a slight increase in power? Why are we all running around, getting things and stuff, so we can go and get more things and more stuff? Players can do stuff in green gear just as well as players in BIS gear, so what's the point? Why are you killing those 12 boars man?

14. May 24, 2023  
    dude then dont turn off the only PVE server with 7x rates.

dont force the player to transfer your character to play on that ****ty pvp get ganked 24/7 when you questing server okay..

15. May 25, 2023  
    Gank me once, shame on you
    Gank me twice, shame on me
    Gank me thrice not, for I learned my lesson

Most of these replies exaggerates the amount of PvP they face. That, or they have no idea on how to avoid being ganked. If you get ganked twice, it means when you go for your nth resurrection, they are waiting for you. You are like bots running and resurrecting. You make yourself super easy targets, practically begging to be ganked.

This pizzeria has been operating for a long time, and it's one of the best. You're just bunch of vegans demanding the pizzeria to entirely move meat, just because your stance is "I don't eat meat, so nobody else should. Those that do, are literally worse than Hitler".

12 Last