1. May 29, 2023  

Question about 5 character limit and posible case of exceding limit.

Im not familiarized with the multiboxing universe but as most players know the limit is 5 accounts.

So, if a player is using more than 5 accounts at the same time to play BUT without all characters doing the same (the tipical way to multibox) is considered okay or even multiboxing in a technicaly way? Because this player's characters dont do the same actions but he/she is using them to win, in this case capturing bases (in specific and studied spots that are far from the base which also seem bugs based on distance to objective when the capture mechanic in this places works by standing close to them, which btw may be bug exploit) and harass other players wisping with chars in the other faction.

Thx for your time, if he/she is indeed doing against rules I can explain this case with more detail (names, screenshots, behavior, etc).
    Edited: May 29, 2023

2. May 29, 2023  
    Multiboxing is running multiple accounts at once.
    Them being together and controlled at once with the assistance of software replicating commands or not doesn't make a difference. This also means, as has happened with others according to their claims, that the amount of multiboxes you can have on is lower if there are more people playing in the same LAN at the same time.

3. May 29, 2023  
    I have been explained by Aldtharios before the limit refers to 5 characters in one spot.
    This of course still does not allow 5+5 in different spots which would then be 10 man boxing.

What I got out of my messages with them is that you are allowed to box 5 toons, but you can still have other toons logged in.
    In my specific example back then it was allowed to have a spy toon logged in.
    I could post screenshots from back then, but you can also shot Aldtharios a message on the forums and they can look at it.

Keep in mind this response was from back when we could 25 man box, but I don't imagine anything but the limit changed since then.
    Edited: May 29, 2023

4. May 30, 2023  
    I guess it would depend on when you got that information. I know the system was tweaked over time and remember that, at some point long after the first implementation, players complained about receiving a system warning of exceeding the limitation when "a friend/their son/their wife/their brother" logged a 6th account on the same IP. Similar complains came from people playing in the same LAN house. Back then the information received was that the only exception to more than 5 accounts was inside 10 and 25 characters instances, and that players even had to log in 5 characters at a time and move inside the instance before logging in the next 5. Perhaps it was changed even further later.

5. May 30, 2023  
    Alright I'll explain the case a little further to clarify it. This player is using a minimum of 7 accounts/chars at the same time, sometimes more, he uses 3 aliance characters to PvP, 3 more aliance accounts/chars (lvl ones) to help him/her cap the towers of a leveling zone (which are needed for trinket quest) by outnumbering any player from horde side to cap not allowing both horde or ally to complete the quest as towers need to be recaped constantly (he claims the towers/forts are his xd), also those lvl ones are usually positioned in bugged spots where you shouldnt be able to cap as I explained in the first post (which may be considered exploit or bug advantaging), and 1 horde acount/char to wisp players and "troll" (The things he/she says should be considered harass) them. Sometimes he uses more horde characters/accounts at the same time for a total of 10 to spam on general chat (horde side) defending himself acting like all are diferent players which isnt the case, its allways him.

And before you ask, he admits this, this isnt a guess or an speculation, he told me and more players how he works several times (screens, PC, etc.)

6. May 30, 2023  
    What reply did you receive from GMs when you made a proper report about this?

7. May 30, 2023  
    The thing is I didnt report this yet because first I wanted to know if this is legal or not, should I then? Does this case look against rules?

8. May 30, 2023  
    You should, because what you're talking about is way too specific, evidence-dependent, involving accusations of exploiting, etc. for a simple yes or no answer in the Forum, where you would receive just a general reply.

9. June 9, 2023  
    To play with different chars in different places or zones at the same time and not doing the same actions simultaneously is not "multiboxing" as it is meant.

I quote Proterean from the sticky: "As long as there are no more than 5 characters being controlled at the same time, it is okay. … Only when more than 5 characters are simultaneously controlled for a time, the system kicks in."

And from the starter post in the sticky thread: "We also understand that it takes skill to be a multiboxer. Just setting up multiple programs and macros and making your set-up run normally requires a lot more than what a normal player does."

This means in my understanding:

A) I login several chars on the same PC and use a special software to control all at once = multiboxing = limited to 5.

B) I use different PCs to play different chars at the same time, but I switch between keyboards and mouses and control them independently = no multiboxing = no limit.
    Edited: June 9, 2023

10. . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024

11. if they wanted to avoid the problem , it s really easy. Just disable the /follow command

12. if they wanted to avoid the problem , it s really easy. Just disable the /follow command
    There is a problem?

13. How it works is let's say you have 7 accounts.
    You log in with the first 5 accounts with no problem, but as soon as you try to log in with your 6 or 7 accounts, the server kicks your first account in exchange for your 6 or 7 accounts.
    So, no, you can't really play with more than 5 accounts at a time.
    And from personal experience, you can't even play with more than 1 account at a time, because some imbecile at max level will pop out of nowhere and just kill you, even though you are level 1 and couldn't do anything but take a couple of steps before that.
    Behold, fun, and engaging gameplay.

14. Multiboxing is running multiple accounts at once.
    Them being together and controlled at once with the assistance of software replicating commands or not doesn't make a difference. This also means, as has happened with others according to their claims, that the amount of multiboxes you can have on is lower if there are more people playing in the same LAN at the same time.
    have to correct you on that one at least in my home situation.
    we are 4 players in the family and im the only one running a few different multibox setups. and as long as anyone in my family doesnt put his or her toon on follow while i multibox there is no problem, as soon as one extra (outside the 5 im running) goes on follow im getting warnings everywhere resulting in death of my lead toon.