1. May 31, 2023  

How Is someone who is brand new to the Server supposed to get Gear?

7x experience I'm level 28 in just a few hours, but now I cant kill anything I because all the quests give XP and not gear. I am literally still in the starting gear from level 1 and cannot find anything. Auction house is hopeless. This economy does not support new players and there are hardly any options anyway.

Please, any advice on how to progress in the community?

2. May 31, 2023  
    Hello there, I`ll be trying to answer this with the following:

a) If 7x on Icecrown is bothersome, you can right-click on the experience bar you will get the option to set experience gains from a range of 0.5x to 7x at any time
    b) there is nothing stopping you from activating "Show low level quests" and do a couple of lower level zone quests for gear
    c) while on a low xp gain like 0.5x there is nothing stopping you from using RDF for gear drops from the dungeons and the satched (use the option for Random Dungeons) - this is while questing and/or doing professions as well.

I mean, this is kind of an old game on an old private server, pretty sure this question or variations of it have been answered over the years on this forum.
    Auction house should not be necessary.

3. May 31, 2023  
    Pick a gathering profession, for example, you can sell a stack of copper bars for 40g on the worst day. Use that gold to buy some gear.
    Use those materials to craft your own gear is also an option.
    Que random dungeons while you level, get some gear that way. Make sure you don't ninja things that are not for your spec.
    Look trough quests and prioritize ones that award useful gear items.

4. May 31, 2023  
    here's what i did when i joined years ago, but depending on your free time it may or may not be an option: get a farming profession(mining or herbalism, though i prefer herba), do routes of farm and que heroics while at it.
    this will get you 2 necessary things: emblems for t9 pieces and gold for boes. within 20 hours or so of doing this, i gather you could get enough emblems for at least 2 pieces and enough gold for several boe's.
    once you reach 5k gs, you can start joining toc10/voa10 raids, maybe even 25 if you get into a casual guild. ulduar is also a nice option for both learning your class as well as gearing up a bit. not to mention weeklies, never pass them if you can.
    i'm saying this from the perspective of a new player who doesn't have chars to boost him with gold or friends to get him into icc25's. i personally loved gearing up my first char this way; putting some lofi music while farming herbs and doing dungeons got me a lot of gold as well as teaching me how to play my class.
    don't know if it makes any difference or not, but this was on lordaeron; i don't know the gs requirements on icecrown regarding 10 man raids.

5. May 31, 2023  
    also i forgot to mention it since this was pretty much the point of the post: as a low level, just get mining or herbalism and gather rods/veins as you level along. like i literally made 80g the past week selling copper bars as a level 32 on the auction house and it virtually took me no extra time while leveling.
    and last but not least, gear isn't THAT huge of a deal at your level, you will get plenty of quest reward items from questing.
    stick to your mining/herbalism and you will be perfectly fine.

6. May 31, 2023  
    At lower levels:
    - pick up any gathering to sell mats on AH, people pay a ton for them
    - Queue RDF as the bags give you blue gear
    - all you really need is your weapon to be up to date
    - TBC onwards questing will give you all the gear you need

At 80:
    - RDF spam for Triumphs, get every vendor piece ypu can
    - lead raids yourself, I started ICC 10 at 5k gs alt runs, 3-5 bosses is quite easy as lot of people join to boost you (especially on Mon-Tue when reset is soon)
    - mention if you have raid exp, I got into raids -300-500 below required gs just by being fully gemmed/enchanted and mentioning Im a LOD main (no1 ever even checked it)
    - Collect Vote points from site EVERY day on warmane website account, youll get a few free ilvl 232-239 weapons/trinkets over a few weeks while gearing. For example there are no better shields than 219 for lvl 80 from HCs, so you can get a 239 shield for like 17 VP.
    - get the cheap ICC10 BOEs from AH depending on your class
    - at 4.4k gs spam FOS POS HOR hc for all the 232 gear

At this point you should be 5k+ and ready for alt raids.