1. May 31, 2023  

Locking Down Questing Hubs

Title.

Locking down quest hubs has got to stop. The ability for a Hunter to leave their pets on aggressive and station them in questing hubs (the most popular being Tarren Mills) is not only VERY disruptive, but absolutely asinine. It's very hard to get Horde to come and help, and when you ask for help you're bombarded with "keep crying *****".

Like I don't care if you do it for a 30 minutes to an hour, whatever, but to do it for an entire day that turns into weeks is getting out of hand.
    Please consider changing your rules on this, as it's getting extremely disruptive to gameplay. Of course you have the option of going to a different hub, but you shouldn't *have* to do that due to a Hunter Pet stationed in a hub - that's ridiculous.

2. May 31, 2023  
    By your logic if someone wins the drop you want and you have to wait whole week to try again, thats disruptive. You shouldn't *have* to, it's ridiculous.

3. May 31, 2023  
    What an absolutely inept comparison to make.

Not at all - locking down questing hubs results in the inability to level. Example: I've completed all of Desolace and go into Tarren Mills to finish up a few quests, but I can't because of a pet named GameOver stationed and camping.

I don't know how people can't see this, but please try and open your brain up.

4. May 31, 2023  
    At any rate, it seems maybe they're doubling down on people that do this - there was slew of bans for disruptive gameplay earlier this morning so I'm hopeful!

5. May 31, 2023  
    At any rate, it seems maybe they're doubling down on people that do this - there was slew of bans for disruptive gameplay earlier this morning so I'm hopeful!
    Nope, those are unrelated bans. You can always call help to kill somebody's pet..

6. May 31, 2023  
    What an absolutely inept comparison to make.

Not at all - locking down questing hubs results in the inability to level. Example: I've completed all of Desolace and go into Tarren Mills to finish up a few quests, but I can't because of a pet named GameOver stationed and camping.

I don't know how people can't see this, but please try and open your brain up.
    Really?
    Scenario 1:
    Other player interacts with you, your progress is halted.

Scenario2:

What exactly is inept here? Which scenario is your and which is mine in this situation?

7. May 31, 2023  
    Really?
    Scenario 1:

Scenario2:

What exactly is inept here? Which scenario is your and which is mine in this situation?
    Because I can try again in a week? Like are you serious? Lmao.

I can try again in a week for an item I've lost, I can run the raid again on alts etc.
    What happens when I wait a week to go to Tarren Mill and that same pet is STILL THERE, locking it down. Wait another week? Like what?

This is why you cannot compare the two, and thus why your comparison is inept.

8. May 31, 2023  
    By your logic if someone wins the drop you want and you have to wait whole week to try again, thats disruptive. You shouldn't *have* to, it's ridiculous.
    Either you are stupid, or acting in bad faith. May be both.

In your exemple, 10 or 25 players helped each other. Set up rules for the distribution of the game. Enjoyed and played trough content together. At the end, by the rules they set up, some get loot some don't. How does the one geting loot disrupt the game of those who didn't when they all agreed, as a group of players, to the rules.
    The one geting the loot doesn't do it with bad intent or with the idea of causing harm to the one that doesnt.

In the situation described by op, the intent is to harm multiple players experience. Because they can. Because they are sadistic. And because no one will do none and they are covered by warmane staff rules. Rules we can hardly ask to be reevaluated.
    The hunter is afk shadowmelded. At this point no one even enjoys the content here. It's just ridiculous. The only one trying to play (doing quests) gets griefed 24/7, so he can't play or access the content.
    The hunter is not even behind is keyboard for the most of the time.

And yeah, it's not up to lvl 80s to become patroling Texas Rangers to correct rules that are lax. The guy is there sooo many hours. He has time and a troubled personality, we don't all have.

Now tell me, your argument, is this for the sake of arguing and trying to get one over? Or is it stupidity? Or is bad faith?

9. May 31, 2023  

10. June 1, 2023  
    Because I can try again in a week? Like are you serious? Lmao.

I can try again in a week for an item I've lost, I can run the raid again on alts etc.
    What happens when I wait a week to go to Tarren Mill and that same pet is STILL THERE, locking it down. Wait another week? Like what?

This is why you cannot compare the two, and thus why your comparison is inept.
    Next week there will be another player, trying to take the item from you. Next week there will be another hunter camping some town.

Either you are stupid, or acting in bad faith. May be both.

In your exemple, 10 or 25 players helped each other. Set up rules for the distribution of the game. Enjoyed and played trough content together. At the end, by the rules they set up, some get loot some don't. How does the one geting loot disrupt the game of those who didn't when they all agreed, as a group of players, to the rules.
    The one geting the loot doesn't do it with bad intent or with the idea of causing harm to the one that doesnt.

In the situation described by op, the intent is to harm multiple players experience. Because they can. Because they are sadistic. And because no one will do none and they are covered by warmane staff rules. Rules we can hardly ask to be reevaluated.
    The hunter is afk shadowmelded. At this point no one even enjoys the content here. It's just ridiculous. The only one trying to play (doing quests) gets griefed 24/7, so he can't play or access the content.
    The hunter is not even behind is keyboard for the most of the time.

And yeah, it's not up to lvl 80s to become patroling Texas Rangers to correct rules that are lax. The guy is there sooo many hours. He has time and a troubled personality, we don't all have.

Now tell me, your argument, is this for the sake of arguing and trying to get one over? Or is it stupidity? Or is bad faith?
    You agreed to loot rules and you agreed to play in PVP server. You agreed that there will be a hunter in taren mill. You have access to all the content you can, well, access. An you can't access some content, because other players wont let you. You are under some kind of delusion that you should be able to do whatever you want, but when other players do whatever they want you start crying an complain. When you play chess and lose, you appeal to world that chess rules should be changed(to fit you)? Just look at yourself.

Look, there are already 2 people who got camped by an afk hunter's pet. Make a guild you two, make a duo of your funny dying noises.

11. June 1, 2023  
    Next week there will be another player, trying to take the item from you. Next week there will be another hunter camping some town.

You agreed to loot rules and you agreed to play in PVP server. You agreed that there will be a hunter in taren mill. You have access to all the content you can, well, access. An you can't access some content, because other players wont let you. You are under some kind of delusion that you should be able to do whatever you want, but when other players do whatever they want you start crying an complain. When you play chess and lose, you appeal to world that chess rules should be changed(to fit you)? Just look at yourself.

Look, there are already 2 people who got camped by an afk hunter's pet. Make a guild you two, make a duo of your funny dying noises.
    First, chess as changed soooo much since its creation. Pawns used to move 1 square at a time since there first position to the end of the game. Players found it slow and not fun. They changed it so pawns can move 2 squares from there starting position. Rooks didn't exist in the same way they are now.
    So the rules of the game changed because the community of players didn't enjoy parts of the game. And the game became better for it.
    Now, you could grief in chess too. And still kinda can. Thats why people introduced rules like repeating moves 3 times, timed based games like blitz and 3 min.
    Fide sanctions chess since a long time. The top players found the championship matches to be way too long and FIDE changed it to a best of 14 with 3 minutes rounds at the end if there is a tie. Champions used to dodge and select their contenders, which was a use of loophole and lax rules. Fide changed that too so not one or a select few players on the top abuse trough the rules the others.
    Magnus lately stepped down asking for less long championship matches.
    FIDE now sanctions tournaments played online, where they didn't want it and said no for a long time. But when the whole comunity of top players pushed for it, they caved. For the better.

There is the in game rules, then there is comunity rules. Because there is game and how players interact with it.

The raid, you don't get the loot. You still got the enjoyment of doing it. No other players robed you of playing it by killing the door to the raid on respawn cd.

I'm under no delusion, i just want progress and a more fair and enjoyable for all game. I'm not asking for the server to be changed from its pvp status to pve.

Look, ninja in dungeons is a part of the game. Its a grief. It wasn't a banable offense. Still, since it was too bad for the whole comunity to let it be, warmane will sanction ppl doing it if proof is provided. Still, loot rules don't exist directly as a system in game, it's comunity rules.
    When you enter a raid you agree you might get ninjad. Still you have access to all the content. Well access!
    What a great way of thinking.
    You go out irl you might get mugged. You have access to outside. Access. You are pretty happy when cops are there and you have recourses if it happens.

You are ridiculous. Bad intent and harassment of this level needs to be adressed. And don't try and say "2 ppl" complaining. From what you can see on forum and in game on Global, there is way more than that. Way way more. I asked for a poll. Warmane staff didn't answer to that. But it would actualy show some numbers.
    There is a few ppl in here being debate lords and high ground kings. Hope it makes you feel good. You just look stupid to me and i kinda pity you.
    You are not even smart at it. Poor thing.

12. June 1, 2023  
    I will let you get the one over, nothing interesting in answering you and letting derail the post.
    Staff showed that they are not interested in making a census poll. Atleast for now.
    Do your best, it would be sad if you couldn't even argue properly alone while having the last word.

13. June 1, 2023  
    Just, before leaving. If the warmane staff are interested in discussing this.
    I'm open!
    But really if you want to do anything, it starts with a poll. Because i might be wrong and may be the bigger part of the comunity don't feel like me.
    Then from there, there is a few ways of adressing the issue without removing wpvp, griefing and ganking.
    Because, if it needs to be made clear, i'm not against wpvp. Nor, lets say, "lighter" griefing; nor ganking. It just needs some limitations.

14. June 1, 2023  
    So you lost in tournament where pawns can go 2 squares and now preaching how unfair it was, please change the rules for me. Okay.

Well, if you would snap out of your "I'm not under delusions", polls, discussions and whatever for a second and read the rules of this section where it reads:
    Do not post suggestions that include the following

A new realm - We will not be creating new realms at this time. This includes PvE realms, more realms to reduce the amount of queues, or new realms to support new or old expansion packs. This rule also pertains to suggestions to changing existing realm statuses (such as changing them to PvE type or their rates).
    So there you have it. This is just some qq post, disrespecting staff by breaking rules. now they will have to come and delete this bull****.

15. June 1, 2023  
    I'm fairly confident leveling is possible without access to Tauren Mill. Also, just park a horde hunter their so the pets can fight.

12 Last