1. May 31, 2023  

Any future plans?

Hello everyone, I made this topic to try to understand the purpose and idea of ??having Frostwolf open, so many years have passed and so many bugs have been found, making it impossible for several ideas to be found within the game. The population for years has been around 300 people online. from warmane to try to improve this ? or wouldn't it be better to close the server? dungeons and bgs no longer exist raids so it hardly happens so you lose the motivation to continue playing, sorry if I made a mistake in the grammar because I'm using google translator hahahahha. (point for a criticism of warmane at the time of Cataclysm the server was working at 90% almost everything was working, the dungeons, raid, quests, the lore itself not to mention the population that revolved around 4k with queues there they had the great idea ' 'irony'' of closing the server and bringing Pandaria totally buggy and until today they haven't fixed it enough to have a decent gameplay. I really miss Cataclysm t,t ) anyway I would like to know if there are any future plans for the server ? do you intend to continue with it? Will they close at some point? since the cost benefit of maintaining a super buggy server with a population of almost 0 should not be very attractive do you intend to open a new server with an expansion ahead of Pandaria like Legion perhaps? once again I'm sorry for the English I remember that I'm using google translator lol, that was it ;(

2. May 31, 2023  
    I remembered another problem that I found recently in relation to the realmlist, I downloaded the game after a few years and when I went to log in the game simply did not open until I went to search and realized that I should change the realmlist for another realmlist but there are many people new who would like to play wow and have no idea about some things so they download the game and try to enter but they can't and because they don't have much understanding they end up giving up and uninstalling (I almost did that myself hahaha) anyway you should look at Pandaria and look for a solution for him because the way it is, unfortunately, you can't play it. Today I went to try Onyxia with 1 friend called Levisa and he just got stuck on the loading screen of the Raid entrance and I went to try to help and I got stuck too hahahhaha I had to go to the website to unstuck the character and I went back to Stormwind, already my friend Levisa I can't talk to him to do the same unstuck procedure through the website (because he doesn't know how to do it) anyway the game is over for me there I am uninstalling Pandaria and I wish good luck to those who remain...
    Rip Cataclysm
    rip pandaria

3. May 31, 2023  
    Please warmane help my friend Levisa from Pandaria his character has been stuck on Onixya's loading screen for hours and nothing happens he has restarted the pc several times and it's stuck there... from a forced unstuck on his character because he doesn't know how to do this through the site... ty and goodbye

4. June 2, 2023  
    Any future plans would be posted in https://www.warmane.com/

And for the stuck character..

a) Disable addons and try then. If that didn't help, move to section "b)" and follow the instructions below.
    b) https://www.warmane.com/account/services and unstuck.

0. Logout of the game normally. Wait few minutes.
    0.5 Go to https://www.warmane.com/account/services
    1. Select realm where the stuck character is located.
    2. Select the character in question.
    3. From the fourth drop box, select Character Unstuck.
    4. Tick the box next to "I understand that I am using Character Unstuck for NAME on REALM."
    5. Click UNSTUCK
    6. You may now play your character. Though its location is where their Hearthstone is set.

5. June 6, 2023  
    If all of a sudden we see a wave of new players flushing in to play on Frostwolf on par with the likes of Lordaeron or Frostmourne, yeah we would have more resources moved to work on it. The realm is up because there are still players on it. I know it is sad, but the popular realms get priority. Invite your friends.

6. June 6, 2023  
    If all of a sudden we see a wave of new players flushing in to play on Frostwolf on par with the likes of Lordaeron or Frostmourne, yeah we would have more resources moved to work on it.
    Invite your friends.
    Wasn't that the reason why all of the 4000+ active players left in first place? -because nobody worked on anything?.. at least as far as I remember
    What's gonna change now if you somehow get the players back?
    "Invite your friends." is not enough. If you want to revive the realm start working on it, then we as players will return to it and recruit even more. But with the current state which is basically not very different than back in 2017-18 when we all stopped I don't see anybody returning.

"The realm is up because there are still players on it."
    - So the 10 dudes per faction at peaks have their own realm. I wish it was the same decision with cataclysm realm, but sadly it wasn't.
    Edited: June 6, 2023

7. June 6, 2023  
    Wasn't that the reason why all of the 4000+ active players left in first place? -because nobody worked on anything?.. at least as far as I remember.
    No. They just lost the interest and moved to WotLK which is an eternal favorite. Same thing with Cataclysm. Perhaps the only expansion that could be on par of quality with LK would be Legion.

"The realm is up because there are still players on it."
    - So the 10 dudes per faction at peaks have their own realm. I wish it was the same decision with cataclysm realm, but sadly it wasn't.
    Cataclysm got periods of 0 players and often less than 100, people were just moving to other realms or competitors.

8. June 7, 2023  
    Wasn't that the reason why all of the 4000+ active players left in first place? -because nobody worked on anything?.. at least as far as I remember
    Although perhaps that's what players would see (or say), it was the other way around. The population of Mists of Kung Fu Panda went on a growing decline, while Wrath of the Lich King just kept increasing and demanding more attention, so resources were just gradually relocated where they'd be a better investment. That caused more people to quit, which naturally just made the reassignment happen even faster.

I don't see people returning either, because they want improvements, while we want a population-based reason to invest in those improvements instead of using those resources to keep working on the obvious favorite expansion.

9. June 7, 2023  
    Although perhaps that's what players would see (or say), it was the other way around. The population of Mists of Kung Fu Panda went on a growing decline, while Wrath of the Lich King just kept increasing and demanding more attention, so resources were just gradually relocated where they'd be a better investment. That caused more people to quit, which naturally just made the reassignment happen even faster.

I don't see people returning either, because they want improvements, while we want a population-based reason to invest in those improvements instead of using those resources to keep working on the obvious favorite expansion.
    People started to leave once the patch was updated to 5.4.7 (from 5.4.0/2?) and more bugs occured also nothing was fixed for years. You may argue however you want, but as player since the beginning until its end you can't fool me. Especially that the players moved to WotLK, when it's not true. They just moved to another MoP servers or Legion. All of them. Except Vatican and some other guilds who gave up on the private servers and moved straight to the retail. It's not the players, nor their "low" interest who killed the realm. Exactly the opposite. And it's not only here tbh, but everywhere where the developers pay no attention to the community, because they are busy prioritizing either tbc realm, wotlk or some other expansion and mop is just..well..to exist
    As a player with months ingame time invested on each of my characters do you really think that I care to log, watching my rotting characters with the current population which is not enough to do a single battleground or a dungeon, because there are usually few 90s online per faction at a time? When was the last time you logged into the realm? If..at all?

The outcome is
    You need population to start working (which is ****ty excuse, because you already had BIG community and did nothing) on the realm, but the players will never return at its current state, so the most logical thing to do is shut it down and let us move on as well. same as cataclysm

An actual petition will be the best thing for both sides.
    Edited: June 7, 2023

10. June 8, 2023  
    Think whatever makes you feel better, from the limited perspective of a player.
    I won't bother arguing or defending anything, because it's pointless in every possible way.

When was the last time you logged into the realm? If..at all?
    Me, personally, as an individual? I wouldn't touch dumb pandas if logging in once earned me a full harem of supermodels. And I don't mean on Frostwolf.

11. June 9, 2023  
    This discussion will lead nowhere from this point on.