1. June 5, 2023  

New Player needs an advice

Hi folks, new player wanna start to this server. I'm planning to play Pala retr. While leveling. Tank or heal for future. But I'm kinda need help about faction choose. I've heard some rumors about horde low lvl cities camping by griefers etc. Actually I don't wanna get busy with these kind of situations. Playin Albion for hardcore PvP already. I just wanna do chill pve content with chill and non toxic community, including end game raiding. Also dont wanna queue for rdf too long (like 1 hour 1.5 hours etc.) I know lordaeron pop. is lower than IC but I like blizzlike experience while leveling and after actually. So, am I in the right place ? And which faction u guyz suggest for me ?

2. June 5, 2023  
    Lordaeron is a good place if u value 'the journey' over the 'destination'.
    just like u said, it has lower pop than icecrown, so it takes longer time to organize or doing group activities like dungeons during leveling.
    it also depends on the time u're playing, at peak hours its pretty much easy to get party, especially if u're a healer or tank.
    as for ganking/corpse camping, its pretty much what u should expect in pvp realm that has been running for years, but its not as bad as u think. i played albion too, and albion has waaayyy much harsher environtment than here, not to mention u drop your items in albion.
    many people with average 'skill' even clickers can manage to level up, only few people somehow couldnt or incapable to deal/move on from being ganked to progress.
    if ganking is what u worry the most, i suggest u roll alliance, cz pvpers on alliance are more keen to kill gankers than horde. as for raiding, both faction are just the same, tho its better for you to find a guild that has the same raid schedule as your free time.

3. June 5, 2023  
    I have an 80 prot pala on horde Lordaeron, never tried healing or retro with it, in my own experience I've found players on the alliance side far more helpful & generally nicer to RDF/Q with when levelling, what ever you decide to do don't let anyone put you off enjoying your game, as for the low level camp ganking, I've not experienced that here, the odd passing one shot or double team quest gangsmash but kinda left alone once they quested out of the way, generally left alone for the best part of it, whenever I did ask for help though I always had it on alliance, horde side not so much, perhaps I was just unlucky at the time of day I was online etc, you should find it a bit more laid back & be able to get on with things on Lordaeron, so have fun & good luck & enjoy your gaming ;)

4. June 7, 2023  
    hello, im new player here aswell, been playing on horde side for 2 weeks now.
    tbh its actually quite fun and nostalgic, people are kinda helpful as long as u ask them politely. im not saying its bad thing, but man global chat turns to random bull crap like political debate sometimes, but i guess thats how it goes when people are bored here.
    as u said this realm has lower population, at a certain time it seems kinda dead, sometimes it takes forever to que rdf as dps. but at peak time it doesnt take that long even as dps. maybe it takes much faster if i were healer or tank.
    as for ganking problem, i dont find it as bad as other people described here. sure, i got ganked once for awhile, but from the beginning im fully aware its gonna happen at some point as this is pvp realm, so i just move somewhere else when that happens, the game provides more than enough quests to level anyway.
    the only thing i dont like here is that it sometimes takes forever to que rdf as dps at dead hours :(