1. We need to do something about the disenchant-griefing in dungeons

I am a balance druid and I like doing dungeons during leveling.

Often, I try to get cloth items that are good for my class, I can't press need on it.

Keep in mind leather with intellect are extremely rare in 1-50.

If there is an enchanter in the group, everyone presses disenchant.

I only have 20% chance to get items that are the only option for my class, even though i am the only person in the group who needs the item.

Is really rare for people to be nice and not ninja-disenchant the items.

I can't say in chat 'hey guys can you not press disenchant on cloth items', because i get kicked from dungeons.

Can we make the greed roll to weigh more than disenchant rolls?

This ninja-disenchant griefing happens for:
    Balance druid -> cloth items
    elemental shaman -> cloth + leather items
    hunter -> agility leather items
    enhancement shaman -> agility leather item
    paladin healer -> cloth + leather + mail items (good luck getting mail or plate with intellect before level 60)

2. I think it's at lvl 40 where Hunters learns to wear mail items and warriors learns to wear plate if I recall right, anyhow that's why those classes can need roll for leather/mail until when they have the ability to wear, I agree that it's a pain for some classes where items with the stats you want is almost non existant on the item type you want and in some dungeons not even on the loot table. But it is the sad reality of vanilla wow, many things are overlooked and several things was changed later in cataclysm and mop, but in wotlk we have the same system that was placed from start and I think most people want it to stay that way to get the autentic feel. I think that making greed roll weigh higher then disenchant roll would only make the playerbase all press greed at the end, which would make the change just counterproductive, the idea sounds good but it might be harder to implement a working system that will not be abused, ontop of that, a change that dosent make more people complain about it in terms of "changes", "custom". Also suggestion and changes tab on forums would be the better place to post this topic.

3. >I think that making greed roll weigh higher then disenchant roll would only make the playerbase all press greed at the end, which would make the change just counterproductive

If all people press greed, you have a chance to ask them 'hey I need that item, can I get it?'

If a item is disenchanted, is gone forever.

4. True, but in the bigger picture it will make less items actually go to enchanting materials and more items will end up being sold to npc's instead. So leveling enchanting might end up as the most expensive profession to level.

5. There's no such thing as "ninja-disenchanting" and nothing about picking disenchant is "griefing." It's simply people using a completely legal option the game gives them. You have no higher right for those items than anyone pressing disenchant. Instead of expecting a custom change to a game mechanic, ask people at the start of a run, not after something dropped and people already picked to disenchant. If they - all of them - are up to letting you have the item, no one will press disenchant.

6. >less items actually go to enchanting materials and more items will end up being sold to npc's instead

The gold difference between vendoring and selling the enchanting mats at the AH is not that huge.

>So leveling enchanting might end up as the most expensive profession to level.

Less than <1% level enchanting more than 100 during leveling pre 60 because is too expensive anyway, why do we care more about 1 profession during leveling, and we ruin the experience of a lot of classes:
    -resto druid, balance druid, elemental shaman, enhancement shaman, the 3 hunter specs, and the healer paladin

7. >There's no such thing as "ninja-disenchanting.
    If you google the definition of ninja looting is: "To unfairly loot the corpse of a fallen enemy before other members of the party can divvy the spoils.".
    I call it ninja-disenchanting because you get the 1g instead of the person who needs the item gets it. Is ninja loot with an extra step.

> You have no higher right for those items than anyone pressing disenchant.
    Why don't balance druids have the right to get cloth intellect items, when is the only items that are actually good for them?
    You expect me to press need on all the leather with agility -> sell them on AH -> buy intellect gear from AH? Is this the gearing process for me?

>ask people at the start of a run, not after something dropped and people already picked to disenchant.
    I tried this, you get kicked from the dungeon.

8. I tried this, you get kicked from the dungeon.
    So people make their opinion about your idea clear, but you think Greed having a higher chance would make them be more open to handing you a piece of gear if it didn't get disenchanted instead, and expect us to change a game mechanic for some extremely niche cases because your Greed roll might lose to someone who disenchanted? Does that seriously sound reasonable in your mind?

9. >Greed having a higher chance would make them be more open to handing you a piece of gear
    They will probably give it to you, because I saw people are afraid of getting banned because of ninja-looting, since there are a ton of red messages about it in chat.

>expect us to change a game mechanic for some extremely niche cases
    Yes 4 out of 10 classes are affected by this grief method during leveling, and also helps boost up the number of healers in dungeon finder, you can reduce the 30min+ times in queue too.

> Greed roll might lose to someone who disenchanted?
    If it's fine let's also make the gear people press need on to have 80% chance to get disenchanted, and be at mercy of other people, like it's for all the paladin intellect healer leveling gear for example...
    Does this seriously sound reasonable in your mind?

10. If it's fine let's also make the gear people press need on to have 80% chance to get disenchanted, and be at mercy of other people, like it's for all the paladin intellect healer leveling gear for example...
    Does this seriously sound reasonable in your mind?
    Not only you """answer""" my question with a question, but you have to fabricate a bizarre scenario that doesn't exist (vs. what is the reality of the game) to try to have any point in this. I won't bother further. You can continue discussing this if anyone else cares to say anything, but know no mechanics are going to be changed because you want a higher chance at some leveling gear.

11. >you have to fabricate a bizarre scenario that doesn't exist (vs. what is the reality of the game) to try to have any point in this

It happened a lot of times in my leveling from 1-50, I usually don't waste time typing on the forums, should I open tickets of people griefing me and ninja-disenchanting items I need?

Am I allowed to need on every leather item, so I can sell them to get gold to buy intellect gear?

And it looks like other people talked about it too and there are other threads about this issue.

12. I've never understood the inclusion of the disenchant option. It's bad because of the reasons the OP outlined, and it also makes it so everybody can disenchant, which is an option that only enchanters should have. But it's there so what are you going to do.

On the other hand I don't appreciate everything people don't like being called "griefing".

13. >everybody can disenchant, which is an option that only enchanters should have
    I wouldn't complain if only enchanters could disenchant items.
    If you have loot that you want to disenchant, you can just ask them after the group is over anyway, is not a big deal.

On the other hand people who don't get gear have to wait in queue 30+ more minutes, hope the loot drops again and there's no enchanters + cloth users who need the item in his group...

>I don't appreciate everything people don't like being called "griefing".
    How is it not a grief? People press 1 button to destroy (get the 1 gold value) of the only items your class can use, and you have no control over it (and is not reportable i assume). Is just ninja griefing with extra steps.
    No wonder why so few people queue as healers, is much easier to just play feral spam claw and get guaranteed loot.

14. If you have loot that you want to disenchant, you can just ask them after the group is over anyway, is not a big deal.
    They could tell you they don't want to disenchant it, or that they will do it only for a fee. That's an option that was taken away from them. Professions are supposed to be exclusive.

How is it not a grief? People press 1 button to destroy (get the 1 gold value) of the only items your class can use, and you have no control over it (and is not reportable i assume). Is just ninja griefing with extra steps.
    If they roll greed they have the same chances of getting the item and they have a right not to give it to you anyway.

15. >That's an option that was taken away from them. Professions are supposed to be exclusive.

We shouldn't worry about professions in leveling dungeons.

>If they roll greed they have the same chances of getting the item and they have a right not to give it to you anyway.

If I am the paladin healer in a party of 4 warriors, I should be able to get the intellect cloth gear 100% of the time.
    I can't press need on their plate strength gear, because they report me for ninja looting, they shouldn't be able to disenchant my gear.
    If I don't get the intellect cloth chest piece, is called ninja looting, simple as that.
    Why can warriors disenchant gear that healers need, and the healer can't press need on the item?

12 Last