1. I haven't seen many comments against paladins and shaman being available for both factions from the start. Now, I know, there is only fraction of people disscusin in this thread but are there any? Unless being strict on the evolution of Warcraft? Perhaps could this topic be up for disscusion?
    It has nothing to do with amount of comments against something. Every single comment could be against there being a Coin shop, and there would still be one, for example. The beta might give us data to tweak certain aspects of the server, but not everything is up to discussion or negotiable. It isn't my call about shamans and paladins, of course, I just seriously doubt that's one of the things we would be willing to change.

2. It has nothing to do with amount of comments against something. Every single comment could be against there being a Coin shop, and there would still be one, for example. The beta might give us data to tweak certain aspects of the server, but not everything is up to discussion or negotiable. It isn't my call about shamans and paladins, of course, I just seriously doubt that's one of the things we would be willing to change.
    Fair enough!

3. I haven't seen many comments against paladins and shaman being available for both factions from the start. Now, I know, there is only fraction of people disscusin in this thread but are there any? Unless being strict on the evolution of Warcraft? Perhaps could this topic be up for disscusion?
    On the one hand, having Paladins and Shamans on both factions during Vanilla phase shouldn't impact balance all that much, imo. On the other, those starter zones don't fit well with the rest of Vanilla Phase, and in some cases, are part of the "lore" of TBC.

But the same could be said of priests in Vanilla Phase with their Racial specific spell...if I want to play a priest do I have to roll Dwarf for the fear ward in Vanilla Phase when I'd prefer to roll a human (appearance/lore) if it weren't for that min-max spell? Do I get to free race change at the end of Vanilla to fix that, or do I have to re-roll and lose all that progress?

Then again, with the high xp rates, and the fact that unless you're full T2.5/T3, you can catch up on a re-roll in a week or two, and you'll probably be replacing most of your 60 gear as you level through TBC and raid-prep anyways. Especially if you have a guild that wants you in the new class and is willing to help running dungeons or hard quests for the raid prep. They may even keep the first phase of raids in TBC/Wrath locked for a week or two for the "re-rolls" to catch up the leveling process.

4. Kudos to the WM team, I have been waiting for a realm like this, love the idea!!

5. So people who liked seasonal realm, and like DK now have to wait 2 years (because season will now last 3 years) just to start play DK ?

6. 1) What will be the rates for gold, rep and honor?
    2) Will Vanilla have the honor reward system of wotlk and random BG?
    3) Will the Blackrock realm also travel through Vanilla and TBC with cross-realm BG and Arena?

7. I hope they reconsider the idea of disable draeneis and belfs, some people will be forced to change at tbc for this, not for the class only, the race himself aswell, some people doesn´t like play UD class as priest.
    in classic priest racial abilities of undead are crazy, dude you need to be an undead priest(or a dwarf). but it get it, will be more fun. same with the paladins/shamans but the main problem with the be is the seal of blood, that will be a gg insta horde server in tbc. that is why i think they could change the talents/spells to a more 3.3.5

8. 1) What will be the rates for gold, rep and honor?
    2) Will Vanilla have the honor reward system of wotlk and random BG?
    3) Will the Blackrock realm also travel through Vanilla and TBC with cross-realm BG and Arena?
    also, professions: will be x5 or x7.

9. if there is an exp rate of x5, the average person will reach lvl 60 in 2-3 hours. after 2 weeks people will cry that vanilla and TBC are boring and that everyone wants WOTLK. You want to make a progressive server, VANILLA > TBC > WOTLK? Or just WOTTLK?

10. So people who liked seasonal realm, and like DK now have to wait 2 years (because season will now last 3 years) just to start play DK ?
    DKs weren't playable in Vanilla. Or even TBC.

11. if there is an exp rate of x5, the average person will reach lvl 60 in 2-3 hours. after 2 weeks people will cry that vanilla and TBC are boring and that everyone wants WOTLK. You want to make a progressive server, VANILLA > TBC > WOTLK? Or just WOTTLK?
    you mean wotlk > tbc > vanilla

12. if there is an exp rate of x5, the average person will reach lvl 60 in 2-3 hours.
    Nope. Not a chance in 2-3 hours. Maybe 10-20 hours, IF there was no world PVP, which is impossible.

13. DKs weren't playable in Vanilla. Or even TBC.
    but in a 3.3.5 client they could be. now the thing is they not gonna have gear for theyr class. BUT they would be more usefull than paladins and druids in tank, dps. i really don't think they are gonna be good in pvp

14. you mean wotlk > tbc > vanilla
    if admins wanna make fresh WOTLK server, why they said it will be VANILLA?

15. Well I´m just going to say that with PvP it´s a big chance that most people that don´t enjoy ganking will just quit as there is hardly any chance to reach most raids without going through a bunch of gankers. Quality of Life with ganking in this enviroment - yeah right. I played vanilla and I quit after a few months of senseless ganking etc and that was with original x1 and pre TBC XP revamp. If it´s original XP with x1 it´s a lot of playtime to get to 60, with PvP it will be a long ride as gankers will be all over the place and I´ve already had that experience and will not do it again.

First ... 2331323334354383133 ... Last