1. Donation from Algeria

Hello everyone,
    I would like to share the donation method that I used and worked for me.

The struggle
    I am connecting from Algeria, where the only donation method available to me is Alipay. I gave it a try, downloaded the mobile app and created a quick account to see how it goes.

The first thing I noticed, Alipay does not offer a PayPal transfer option. I had to enter my credit card information instead, which I didn't. I later saw that even if I registered a credit card, in order to continue using the app I was still required to enter my phone number and send a photo of my passport ID!

C'mon bruh we didn't even know each other you want to take me straight to the bedroom.

I found this to be very off-putting and even scary, especially since some pages were in Chinese and there was no translation available.

The relief
    On the Warmane donation page, I've tried a VPN with an US location, and straight away, so many options were available, Mint was my way to go as it is easy to get and anonym. Later I will give more details on the VPN.

1. I purchased a Mint code from OffGamers, a website that has been linked many times on this forum. The link is: https://www.offgamers.com/dz/en/mint-prepaid-card
    2. I paid for the code using PayPal, e-pin as they call it.
    3. I received the Mint code in my email inbox within 2 minutes.
    4. I redeemed the Mint code on the Warmane donation page.

Note: If you are not familiar with OffGamers, the Mint code will be located in "Game Code" section at the bottom of your order confirmation email. It will not come as a separate email.

Also, make sure to select the right amount in Euros. I made a mistake when I first used this method. I wanted to donate 30 euros, but I accidentally purchased a 30 dollar code. This wasn't enough, so I had to purchase an additional 5 dollars to complete the donation.

Spoiler: Show
    OffGamers order Mint code location

The process
    To buy a Mint code, you can either:
    • Ask someone to do it for you and pay them in cash or BaridiMob.
    • Do it yourself from your own account, which I talk about.

In order to use PayPal, you will need a Visa card from a bank. There are a few banks in Algeria that offer Visa cards for a really affordable amount. Some of these banks include:

• Société Générale (SG)
    • Algeria Gulf Bank (AGB)
    • And probably many other that I don't know.

A few months ago, you had to have thousands of euros to open an account and ask for a Visa card. However, since Paysera and Wise are no more available in here, the banks have lowered the minimum balance requirement to less than a hundred euros.

If you plan to get your own Visa card from a bank, before engaging, make sure to get CONFIRMATION FROM THE BANKER that the card can be linked to PayPal. Not all banks are supported by PayPal.

The donation
    As far as I have read on the forum, using a VPN for donation is allowed, as long as you do not use a VPN to login to the game. Certainly, any VPN has its risks, and no one can guarantee that the provider cannot see what you are doing. Therefore, it is important to use a reputable VPN.

Word of caution:
    • There's no need to ask for help when donating. Just enter the mint code yourself.
    • Do not give your logs to anyone that pretend to do the donation for you, they could steal your account.

In my case, I used a simple VPN called Hola VPN. It is a free VPN that has a time-limited free access. I got it as a Chrome extension.
    When you first open Hola VPN, it will suggest popular sites. In the search bar, type "Warmane.com" and it will VPN only this tab. This means that the other tabs will not be affected, so you can access your email and other websites without worries.

Spoiler: Show
    Hola VPN search for warmane.com

• I highly recommend enabling two-factor authentication on your Warmane account. This will allow you to log in from a VPN-assigned IP address.
    • When using a VPN, choose a US location. This will ensure that you have access to all of the donation options.
    • You can use multiple Mint codes at the same time. This can be helpful if you have some euros in one e-pin and some in another.

Conclusion
    This method worked for me, it keeps my card information safe behind a single PayPal address, I haven't had to expose any personal information no phone and certainly not any ID!

Have fun.
    Edited: August 31, 2023 Reason: Some rephrasing