1. It doesn't really matter if it's 3x, 5x, or 7x.
    ofc
    Understand, this is not done for the vanilla community (it will not come here), but for those who have been playing all the last years on 3.3.5. This is a conservative community and most here are without vanilla experience. I advise you to use the search on reddit.

2. ofc
    Understand, this is not done for the vanilla community (it will not come here), but for those who have been playing all the last years on 3.3.5. This is a conservative community and most here are without vanilla experience. I advise you to use the search on reddit.
    What am I searching reddit for, exactly? Best rates for Vanilla? This server isn't for the vanilla-only fans, as this server will be progressing past Vanilla. If you don't like the QoL features added...just don't play. There's truer-to-vanilla servers you'll like better.

Or am I searching for opinions on Warmane? Yeah, reddit pserver users love to hate on Warmane...doesn't matter what Warmane does, they'll rally against it. Not going to jump on that bandwagon if I don't agree with them.

3. I don't have any hatred for warmane and I don't belong to the club. Disappointment is possible, but these are my problems.
    You do not need a search, You will play what will be done warmane. Your reasoning about rates is meaningless.

4. I fail to see why Warmane should go by votes. There's a group of people who wants x1, group of people who wants x3, group of people who wants x5. Having adjustable rates should be pleasing for all. Yet some low level rate wanters can't seem to be okay with it, and they feel that in order to enjoy the game, everybody else should play on their rules. A bit silly isn't it.

Want to raid quickly? x5.
    Want to level slow? x1.
    Want something between? x3.
    [Chad option]: Want to play rates you want, but don't want to limit others' fun? Adjustable rates.

It's like adjustable rates is the way to go, and rates discussion should end at that. Of course we can't have nice things like that, so we are stuck on rates discussion loop for all eternity.
    In good faith taking everyone else into opinion atleast reconsider on having "only 2 options for rates" 1x and 3x only, i believe this will put everyone at ease, let me remind everyone that 3x is 3 TIMES faster and that is enough for one to glide through the levels in few days.
    Possibly this will eliminate the option of people exlpoiting the fast xp grind and do some shady stuff to level up alt characters etc..

5. I would like to try playing at x0.5 rates
    But unfortunately other things remain in force.
    - Increased garbage drop, in connection with this, there is always enough gold. (In vanilla, gold is always missing)
    - free skills training from a trainer
    - Increased reputation gain.
    - It is not possible to pass low-level rfd, (for example, on behalf of a tank) Since other players level up before their eyes (most play at x50)

6. I would like to try playing at x0.5 rates
    But unfortunately other things remain in force.
    - Increased garbage drop, in connection with this, there is always enough gold. (In vanilla, gold is always missing)
    - free skills training from a trainer
    - Increased reputation gain.
    - It is not possible to pass low-level rfd, (for example, on behalf of a tank) Since other players level up before their eyes (most play at x50)
    So you're complaining that when you play lower xp rates...because drop rates remain the same, you have too much gold now. The fact that on the PTR skills are free so players can learn them to TEST them (which takes away one of the major leveling gold-sinks away) is also a problem for you. (note: Skills will cost gold again when the realm goes live.) You also aren't happy that reputation is less of a grind?

Maybe there's an argument that people should ALSO be able to adjust their gold, profession, and reputation rates (all independently?). On the PTR, it looks like those rates are 3x. Wonder if there's a command or NPC method to allow players to say .goldrate 1/2/3, .profrate 1/2/3, and .reprate 1/2/3...just to allow the people who want the "slow, vanilla-feel" to be as slow as they like?

As for RDF...the PTR population is super low (when i did a /who the other day, I only saw like 50 people online) compared to what it'll be on launch. Yes, if you want to RDF with the same group all the way to 60, all players need to agree on an xp rate...but if you're solo-queing on RDF when the population is 100-200x what it is on the PTR, you'll find a random group of people your level to do the dungeon with. Some people won't invest 18 hours a day to leveling. Some people will choose the same lower rate as you. Some people will not realize the server launched and join days, weeks, or even months after launch. Even if the people you're queued with in RDF get a few levels in the dungeon before completion and you don't, you'll all be roughly dungeon-level appropriate when you finish, and can drop and re-solo-queue at the end of the run for a new level appropriate group. I don't see this is as a major issue.

7. A legitamate arguement as to why increasing the exp rates beyond x3 is this:
    Removing the constraints/struggle of the leveling experience also removes the community aspect behind min/maxing the leveling experience. Yes it's nice to skip leveling entirely, but just give us instant max level at that point. Why force us to level up without actually forcing us to experience it in it's entirety? We should either have to level up together and have to min/max the leveling experience and share that experience with others, or be able to outright skip the leveling experience entirely. The x5 and x7 exp rates are simple half-measures.

8. No, things don't have to be this "all or nothing," and what you call "half-measures" others see as a comfortable pace.

9. Good lord, this guy is just not getting it. Can you comprehend that what you consider fun, is not the same as what I consider fun? I've played wow for 18 years. I'm not able to no-life it like i used to. Wife and kids etc.

I also have no desire to spend a month levelling. Personally for me, the game starts at level cap. Sure you might make some pals along the way but ultimately my goal is to raid.

Why do you feel the need to force your preferred play style on me? I'm so happy its x5 although i wouldn't say no to x7. My only concern is it can be challenging to keep up with skills, get a mount etc if the drop rate/gold isn't adjusted some how or maybe we get free skills, who knows. But that is not enough to to make faster levelling undesirable, just a slight challenge.

Ask yourself what's more reasonable:

1. Everyone can play at a rate that suits them
    2. Everyone plays at a rate that suits you

that's what I think anyway.

10. Reading all the reply's from Obnoxious... the conclusion is that everything is set and they WILL NOT change anything about xp rates, or even consider or think about it.
    Well atleast tell us that everything is set and will not change, and you just looking for bugs so you can fix, and release phase 2 of the testing.
    "Vanilla Experience" yea right...

11. I def want the 5x rates, in fact I would say that's the perfect point. Most players don't want the hardcore vanilla leveling experience. There would probably be zero ppl from my guild there if they changed this to 1x, but with it at 5x I am guessing we will have quite a few jump over to try it out.

You can just play blizz servers if you are this hardcore about it. Kind of sick of seeing people post this though and I know the vast majority of players aren't going to speak up that they actually want the 5x experience.

12. me personally and many friends would not play it if its not atleast x5. on a progressive server where u have no time for alts with x1 if you have a normal life theres no reason to play. theres a reason lordaeron is dying compared to icecrown that has the biggest playerpeak ever.

13. I fully support 5x rates since i'm not young anymore and some of us have jobs/familys and less free time and we don't like to spend 10 days just to level on 1x rate to 60...we leved so many chars so some of us want to get to max as soon as possible and get raid ready.

14. I guess there is no arguing with busy family men, you'll get your x5 XD

15. Easiest way to make everyone happy ..... no maximum rest , so people can have 10 level in rest ,,,,

Make the rest XP X5.

So if someone is casual , they will enjoy the fast leveling , but they would never faster than someone that play non stop.

First 12345 ... Last