1. Wotlk Affliction Lock nub seeking advice (tia!)

Helo There!

Instead of having to google or search for forums with discussions about Lock survivability , I like to ask people real time while sharing my perspective.
    It's been 9 days playing as an Aff-Lock I been having a blast with Warmane finally playing the class spec I've always wanted for all these years away from wow. So it's main focus is casting curses that deals Dots and CC , I get that
    but still I'm always like (are those friking curses and dots ticking damage for me?? well yeah it does and why I'm always surprised when people die to dots lol UA is something else cos dispelling it does even more dmg wtf but I guess I am not really used to NOT seeing a lot of Smash mouth - whack a mole visuals or *** blasting animations happening as and all my Wow time I have mostly been a Retadin and Shockadin as we like to call it back then - then later on transitioned to Arms WAr near when Sunwell dropped and DK later on.
    Also I feel I feel die way easier than what I used to recall being a mage especially when I'm on the reactiong side. I've never played a full on Damage over time caster - So Demonic Circle is the only real way to get a GAP done and it isn't like blink. I like Circ further as it doesn't need line of Sight and ignores obstacles thought it must be pre-plotted to where ever area u want to it to be on.
    Without it though all an Affliction Lock has is Coil, Howl (can be instant or not) Casting Fear and Shadowflame (slow with glyph)
    So playing this class for after 13 years idk if I'd transitioned to it so well, Warlock feels different with a Mage (I've played Frost Mage had a good time and pretty decent getting u to 2.4 rating with it casually back then - (sorry I have posted this before don't mean to shove this down anyones throats;I just feel slow) and on the reacting / defensive side)
    Locks when I get the jump first , it's total lockdown and dotdown til they painfully writhe in agony and decay , which I am very surprised that I can just multi task once I've laid down even just half of my dots on people, It's just then when a good Melee especially Rogue , Wars get me locked down takes 3-5 seconds and I'm dead and fake casting them seems so useless at times.
    I've self-inquired all the match ups for every class but open world pvp is just different ofc in Arenas or BG , I think I might be clearly slower than I used to 14 years ago? or Lock is just basically paper when Melees stick and just keep up the pressure with the gapclosers? Unlike mage where I can just nova blink , Cone , iceblock until another blink is ready, Sheep.
    Any advice on better survivability? especially if Demonic Circle is absent or on CD
    (I just can't really keep up now which is fine but I believe I'm not too old for this **** and clearly in goo shape and reflexes for a 39 year old hehe)

And for further inquiry does anyone have macros for a panic button combo with devour?
    and also Fel Dom to Sac Void - Should I make an all in one with Healthstone pop for this one or is it better to be seperate? I find this class to be the most keybinds and mac/scripts I've ever done.
    So any advice would be so appreciated! thanks in advance!

2. Stack at least 1400 resil, and use glyph of felhunter. Put corruption on every possible target, keep haunt on CD, and spam drain life on pets if players are too far away or you don't want to break their cc.

3. forgot to reply but thanks for this great advice been a month now and having a blast im currently at 1360 resil which doesn't seem so bad but I am using an extra trink being human and still sporting med of alliance for the big resil lol currently 5.8k GS >.< I prolly shud just faction change

4. Happy to hear it. Althors Abacus also makes affliction much more OP as you can survive almost any burst, and the longer the fight, the higher your chances of winning.

Good luck,

Ingurgitate