1. Hunter Pre-raid Weapon

I've been playing hunter on Wotlk since retail release and have always seen that Rowan's Rifle of Silver Bullets is the best hunter weapon pre-raid, despite it having tank stats, simply due to the raw dps it offers. Our forums here even have a popular BiS hunter tier list with Rowans being the first non-raid weapon listed. I tested it myself on previous characters and Rowans does surpass the PoS HC xbow (Felglacier Crossbow) in terms of dps.

Why is it the case then, that raid leaders will not allow you to join if you have the tank rifle, even though its the best pre-raid weapon, even if you surpass the GS they are asking for, and even if you have the achieve. Is it simply a lack of competence in their knowledge or something else? Is there anything you can do to prevent being kicked because they lack understanding?

I'd rather not farm a dungeon for a few weeks hoping for a drop that is worse than what I have just because people lack understanding, so if anyone has any other quicker solutions, I'd appreciate hearing them. Maybe we can just start making it known.

2. Is it simply a lack of competence in their knowledge or something else?
    Yes, it's simply a lack of knowledge. Ignorance is bliss. If you play since retail you've probably encountered hundreds of these cases already.

Is there anything you can do to prevent being kicked because they lack understanding?
    Not really anything you can do except equip a weapon from a dungeon or raid to satisfy your leader while he's inspecting you and then swap back once inside. Sometimes simply transmogging the gun into something else is sufficient as well - "inspecting" isn't always done thoroughly.

3. Yes, it's simply a lack of knowledge. Ignorance is bliss. If you play since retail you've probably encountered hundreds of these cases already.

Not really anything you can do except equip a weapon from a dungeon or raid to satisfy your leader while he's inspecting you and then swap back once inside. Sometimes simply transmogging the gun into something else is sufficient as well - "inspecting" isn't always done thoroughly.
    You are.not entirely right here.
    Yes, tank rifle is good as starting weapon for hunt, but ilvl 239-245 proper ranged weapons (base speed 2.8-3.0) outclass it due to how scaling works. Lots of hunter abilities are tied to his ranged weapon damage and with slow firing weapons end result is far greater. Aimed shot, Steady shot, Multi-shot, Kill shot will be way effective with Rowan's.
    It's same concept with Fwarr, where they are using Shadows Edge in main hand till 277+ 3.60 speed weapon. SE just outdamages even 271 weapons from 10HC/25NM LK. Stronger Slam, WW, HS, stronger bleeding damage aswel.

4. You are.not entirely right here.
    Yes, tank rifle is good as starting weapon for hunt, but ilvl 239-245 proper ranged weapons (base speed 2.8-3.0) outclass it due to how scaling works. Lots of hunter abilities are tied to his ranged weapon damage and with slow firing weapons end result is far greater. Aimed shot, Steady shot, Multi-shot, Kill shot will be way effective with Rowan's.
    It's same concept with Fwarr, where they are using Shadows Edge in main hand till 277+ 3.60 speed weapon. SE just outdamages even 271 weapons from 10HC/25NM LK. Stronger Slam, WW, HS, stronger bleeding damage aswel.
    I'd rather not farm a dungeon for a few weeks
    OP specified "dungeon" and even mentioned felglacier bolter while asking for pre-raid weapons.
    Ofc any proper 245+ ranged weapon does beat rowans and he should swap once he has a decent weapon available - until then he can skip doing dungeons and just toss 50 gold at the AH and be set for raids though.
    If he had a "decent" weapon available he'd not face the issue of using rowans and being called out for doing the right thing.

5. . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024

6. Hello all, I appreciate all of the responses and they are about what I had expected, though I was hoping for different.

I do specifically mean Pre-Raid weapons, as Rowans comes out on top against all dungeon weapons, and the only pre-ICC weapon that's an upgrade is from TOGC 25, but most groups again won't take me because of my gear. Even considering scaling, Rowans has the highest scaling of any of the other options even with its fast speed, it's raw dps is why it's considered best in the first place.

I'm only here to question things because I have attempted to join 13 (yes I have counted) different icc10 groups, and more of icc25, and I am almost certainly pre-raid BIS sitting at 5.5k (and even have frosties cape, full gem+ench), and only one of them let me join with a lot of hesitance, even though I linked full achieve from my old account here. Sadly I did not get lucky with any bow drop.

It seems like since my time raiding here years ago, people have gotten quite ignorant, so sadly it does look like my best bet is to either farm PoS HC daily for a worse item that I don't need just to satisfy peoples ignorance, try transmog (nice idea), or to consider my time here done. I'm really just looking to raid each weekend, not fight with ignorant RL's on their misinformation at several levels.

7. I went to my first ICC10 with the TOC25 normal crossbow. I knew based on sheets and the github sim that Rowans is better, but I kept using the crossbow for exact same reason....people just don't know. Eventually after 3 ICC10s i got my hands on the lady bow and i just let Rowans go at that point...mainly cuz I got tired of the gunshot sound :D , and didn't wanna get heckled.

Way too many people on warmane think they know, but they don't. They don't think in terms of item progressions, just in terms of "bis" - "non-bis".

Similar thing with how powerfull t9 hunter 2set bonus is(ilvl245), it actually beats 4 piece t10 bonus(ilvl251).