1. People. security issues have nothing to do with this. if you need a secure account, one can do so easily by copy-paste some password that looks like this :

A)W=nkdf(/)zQ"*jknD89afen"w(wHNwr(H32Qnui9ofnoiNMOIQ"WJE()UQ "(çklmnsadjkn8935njlk(!!)

I get you see the picture. And no its not safer to use email verif.
    but the post is literally about account security and integrity tho. and it gives extra layer of security thus its safer.

2. but the post is literally about account security and integrity tho. and it gives extra layer of security thus its safer.
    Nobody cares if you want to "secure" your account or not.

The complaints are about this **** being mandatory, forced upon players who do not want it, thus making them waste so much more time for no reason whatsoever.

Everyone should have the option to either do it, or not do it. If it is MANDATORY then it is a big problem.

I for one will stop playing here if it's mandatory, simple as that.

I don't care if it takes 0.000000000000001 seconds to do it, it's the principle of the thing. You don't force me to "secure" my account if I don't want to. That's all.

3. Do you have the option to not use a password in any service you use out there?
    No? How come you still use them? The principle is the same and even if you don't care about security and have your password saved it takes more than 0.000000000000001 second to login.

Plenty of services other players already mentioned, such as Discord, Steam, and many social platforms, use the exact same type of "are you really you?" confirmation sent as a code to an email or phone number. This isn't an exception, but what's becoming the norm.

If someone would seriously stop playing because of this, I suppose so be it. This sort of change isn't done on a whim or because someone didn't have anything else to do. Individual users might "not care," but we host a service used by hundreds of thousands of accounts and we have to use solutions with the global in mind.

4. Nobody cares if you want to "secure" your account or not.

The complaints are about this **** being mandatory, forced upon players who do not want it, thus making them waste so much more time for no reason whatsoever.

Everyone should have the option to either do it, or not do it. If it is MANDATORY then it is a big problem.

I for one will stop playing here if it's mandatory, simple as that.

I don't care if it takes 0.000000000000001 seconds to do it, it's the principle of the thing. You don't force me to "secure" my account if I don't want to. That's all.
    idk man, its not my problem if people want to secure their account or not, im just saying that 2fa gives u more security assuming the reason they implement this probably there are many complaints about player accounts security problems in the first place.

5. Do you have the option to not use a password in any service you use out there?
    No? How come you still use them? The principle is the same and even if you don't care about security and have your password saved it takes more than 0.000000000000001 second to login.

Plenty of services other players already mentioned, such as Discord, Steam, and many social platforms, use the exact same type of "are you really you?" confirmation sent as a code to an email or phone number. This isn't an exception, but what's becoming the norm.

If someone would seriously stop playing because of this, I suppose so be it. This sort of change isn't done on a whim or because someone didn't have anything else to do. Individual users might "not care," but we host a service used by hundreds of thousands of accounts and we have to use solutions with the global in mind.
    Why exactly are you FORCING this change on people that do not want this? Why exactly do you not simply make it OPTIONAL?
    By making it OPTIONAL, everyone would be happy. Those who want extra security, would have it. Those who do not want it, would not be forced into it.
    I do not want this, and neither do others ... we should be allowed to not partake in your extra "security" measure, is that so much to ask?

6. The fact that you're so eager to think account security is MANDATORY and FORCING it is the way to go explains alot. 6 Pages of comments and over 90% of those comments were against it and here you are still trying to force it is actually insane.

Let people decide if they want that for their profiles and if they dont want it and lose their account because of that let it be their own decision in the end of the day.Most people have brains and use them.None of this implementation was asked for and required.

This change will literally do more harm than benefit as more and more people are against it

7. You know...this will probably vastly reduce the gold supply (taken from hacked/stolen accounts) used by gold sellers. I wonder how many of the people complaining know this, and are arguing against this with disingenuous "annoyance" excuses it because of that fact?

8. You know...this will probably vastly reduce the gold supply (taken from hacked/stolen accounts) used by gold sellers. I wonder how many of the people complaining know this, and are arguing against this with disingenuous "annoyance" excuses it because of that fact?
    Curious, ain't it?

9. Speaking of curiosity, I wonder how many (of the angry) posts come from the same guy.

10. Speaking of curiosity, I wonder how many (of the angry) posts come from the same guy.
    Do you mean like what Mercy pointed out here?

Also, "yeah that other guy has a point!"
    The two of you have the exact same IP.
    Imagine using an alt account to agree with yourself.

11. Surely they were smart enough to reset their IP between posts after that gaff!

12. Surely they were smart enough to reset their IP between posts after that gaff!
    Who knows, they might, as if that was the only way to tell.

13. What is curious is that you have no counterargument to not forcing us into this/simply making it optional, and because of this you divert attention from this to the entertainment conspiracy theories.

I can create conspiracy theories too, so let's see:

Perhaps this is part of a larger plot, in which you will slowly but surely ask us to do more and more things, "to prove that it's really us", such as, at every login, we should also send a picture of our genitals, "to verify that it is really us", but that would not be enough either of course, maybe it's just fake. We should also send a blood sample via a courier, perhaps that would make things a bit more clear that it is really us on the account. But maybe that wouldn't be enough, maybe someone stole the blood sample. We should record and send a 10 minute video of ourselves, telling you things about ourselves. But wait, maybe it is simply a look alike with some knowledge of us, wow this is complicated. What else should we do? Nothing seems enough guys, what if it is really not us?

Or:

What if, let's say, hypothetically, you really do not have our best interest in mind with this "security" change. What if it is not really a "security" change at all, but simply an extra source of invasion of privacy. What if, in fact, you have some sort of secret agreement with some sneaky sneaky companies, that want to gather information on us, companies which want to have more proof to know with more certainty that it is in fact "x" person doing "y" thing at time "z" in days "a b c d e f g", and so on, so they can market us products "h i j k l m n o", to profit via the extra information that you gather from us by invading our privacy further and further with various things such as this. This makes far more sense than the fact that this is a "account security update", since an account security update could simply be optional, but by FORCING everyone into this, it seems like you have other interests, such as providing a vast amount of information on a vast amount of people to certain entities.

Hmm... curious isn't it?

And also, speaking of curiosity, I wonder how many (of the agreeing with the change) posts come from the same guys, the guys who are doing the change. Seems like they are forum veterans mostly.

Hmm... curious isn't it?

14. What is curious is that you have no counterargument to not forcing us into this/simply making it optional, and because of this you divert attention from this to the entertainment conspiracy theories.
    Nah, mate...you know the active players are probably a small fraction of total accounts here. Let's say 25% of all accounts have activity in the last 6 months...though I'd wager it's closer to 10%, but we'll go with 25% to be generous. That means 75% of accounts are of people who aren't watching them, and won't notice when they get hacked and all their gold is stolen. Or their characters used to farming bots/gold sellers. This change will VASTLY reduce the number of stolen/hacked accounts available to the gold sellers, bot networks, and other problems which harm the server.

I may have posted it in a sassy, humorous way to point out how much I think the "this is annoying, don't do it!" posters are worthy of mocking...but it's a very real point.

15. What is curious is that you have no counterargument to not forcing us into this/simply making it optional, and because of this you divert attention from this to the entertainment conspiracy theories.
    But we're the ones offering the service, which can be changed or tweaked if it's seen as necessary, as per what any ToS would say. I'm not sure why you're talking like you have to be convinced before we are allowed to make said changes or tweaks that were seen as necessary.

Unlike in the case of Onyxia, in which we openly said features are still open to feedback, this was just an announcement giving forewarning of an incoming change in our service to bring our security closer to what's becoming an industry standard. You're free to post your discontent, of course, but even after re-reading the initial post I can't find anything that could mislead you into seeing this as up to debate. This is about the security of our services, not whether people can gank freely or play a panda in Vanilla.

PS: Keep pictures of your genitals to yourself. And I don't mean only when it comes to Warmane.

First ... 4567816 ... Last