1. Hunters vs Rogues?

Hey fellow hunters,

As a complete newbie to the game and a proud hunter, I've been having a ton of fun, and my first month in the game has been amazing - lots of learning, lots of growth! However, there's one problem that's bugging me: these pesky Rogues ?

Now, we're all part of fighting factions, and taking down enemies is the norm, so they do their thing and that's fine. But, feeling completely helpless whenever facing a Rogue is starting to test my patience.

So, can you guys share some wisdom: how do you handle Rogues? What's your secret to getting out of a stunlock in the first place?

2. Hey, a fellow beginner Hunter here as well. I used to ask myself same question until recently, but some experienced friends helped me a bit and I discovered that Hunter has actually a lot of useful tricks to counter rogues. You can do some of the following things:

1. Use tracking, and set it to track "Hidden" units
    2. You can also use your spell "Flare" to reveal hidden enemies
    3. You need to kite an enemy for example use frost trap or daze and disengage, if you're an engineer use nitro boots etc
    4. You can use PVP addon like "Spy" that gives you a heads up when someone is in stealth around you
    5. You can use PVP trinkets against strunlock (I haven't tried this but people told me), don't know what's the name of those items
    6. If you're human use your racial ability "will to survive"

There are probably dozens more useful tips but I'm still learning just like you, I hope I helped :)
    Edited: October 22, 2023

3. The short version will be to do just hunter things, and try your best to remain untouchable with positioning and/or cooldowns. Because hunters are unbeatable but pretty much bend over & die when caught. What helps is if you understand rogues. Put down a flare in between you and the rogue, if they cloak spam hunter's mark and/or flare, if they open u can stun with ravager pet, if you have no trinket u can minimize damage with roar, if you gemmed the stun reduction head socket you might just be able to feign death before cheap shot turns into kidney shot. They have 2 vanishes & 2 evasions. Bullets can be dodged, but traps & hunter's mark cannot. It's safe to kite close distance if they have no more vanishes, no trinket & blind. Try to keep trinket only for blind. If you do get blinded, your pet can continue attacking them to keep them in combat, even better if your hunter's mark is still on them so you can always see them. If you're a dwarf you can stoneform garrote + rupture + poisons. Wasting their combo point after they did garrote & rupture using stoneform is a big deal, especially if crippling poison & 5 stacks of deadly poisons are on you. Disengaging from elevated ground so you get far is good when they run out of CDs because now you have maximum distance and are untouchable, then they also can't run away because of your hunter's mark & your pet is on them. If your pet is in danger you can use cower & last stand with you on aspect of the cheetah to get there fast. You can immediately run away as soon as you get in range because rogue will probably have been waiting for you to come closer and it's bad if they get you with sprint + shadowstep. If you turn on track hidden with a pet that can use dash set to aggressive & just jump around like a clown, you'll find rogues better than even other rogues can.
    Edited: November 11, 2023

4. considering pvp its all about trinket into scatter with sting, then play around your traps, if you're stunlocked, pet roar to reduce dmg taken