1. Favourite addons?

Today found out that I can use addons on this version of the game and I really like them, even though it is somewhat difficult to find the right layout and right addons. I was wondering what addons are other people using? What are your favourite ones? Maybe can also get some tips on which ones to use?

2. atlas loot, had it since i started playing wow.
    elvui and weak aura for the UI addons category.
    outfitter is also pretty cool, same thing as atlas loot had it since i started playing wow.

3. what kind of elvui layout do you have? did you set it up yourself or got a profile from somewhere?
    I actually tried elvui but got overwhelmed with it, too many things for me to change even though I really like the floating nameplates and health bars (how they look is awesome). Now I stuck with bartender4 and bagnon but I do want to get that perfect setup for elvui sometime...

4. For how long have you beein playing? It's very difficult to play for even 1 month and not hear about addons. There are some aspects of the game that can not be done without addons, I never heard someone to heal without addon for example.

5. only mandatory addons for me:

-Recount - DPS meter.
    -Power Auras - Track buffs, debuffs, cd, etc
    -Auctioneer - Auction thingies

6. I mean I have played wow before for like maybe 6 months overall, no raiding just leveling its just retail was so boring so after I stopped for like 1 or 2 years and even then I used bagnon and bartender4 becasue of how useful they are. I always wanted to get perfect layout for the elvui but it was way too much so I every time drop it after hassling...

Also the reason I am asking about addons because I want to find some good ones that can help me with nameplates (original ones are very buggy, really hard in dungeons to keep focus on what im doing), maybe some better ui than elvui if there is any for this version.

7. I haven't use UI optimizing addons so I can not give advice there, thats because I never had problem with the original and haven't tought about changing it. If you have some other things that you do a lot in the game maybe there I can be of help, like auction house, quests, healing, raiding, rare mobs, collecting some stuff.

8. what kind of elvui layout do you have? did you set it up yourself or got a profile from somewhere?
    I actually tried elvui but got overwhelmed with it, too many things for me to change even though I really like the floating nameplates and health bars (how they look is awesome). Now I stuck with bartender4 and bagnon but I do want to get that perfect setup for elvui sometime...
    i made my own profile that took me like 3 days ish to figure everything out when i first started but i left the name plates to end and never touched them for a really long time then when i started working on the name plates it took 2 days ish

9. my favourite addon is Omen i wonder why a lot of people skip that one

10. Atlasloot - Gotta know where the loot's at.
    Bagnon - I get to have one massive bag, search, organize, sell trash, and see if I have duplicate items in bank/bags, even on alts.
    AILO: Am I locked Out - When you actively play with 5 characters, it's easy to forget which character is saved where. Now you don't have to relog characters to see if you're locked or not.
    NPCScan - To find those hot rare mobs near your area.
    Prat 3.0 - For your gossip needs. When 5 lines isn't enough and you need 4 times that. With 5000 line history, you can scroll up and copy paste what somebody said 5 minutes ago. Very nice to have when you need to go "well ackchyually". Or when you have to provide whole RDF chat history for a GM in a ninja report when somebody states you gave permission for them to need something when you didn't.
    X-perl - Beginner friendly unitframe addon. Remove gradient and borders for neat looking simple frames.
    Dominos - Straightforward actionbar addon. Easy to use and configure. Minimalistic.

11. TradeSkillMaster - You can make 50k gold on daily bases.. And just spend about 30min making items everyday.
    Best addon ever made!
    3 months ago i bought bis char.. And already have enough coins for another two bis chars. Just shows how easy is to make gold!

Auctioneer is a joke compared to this!
    Edited: January 29, 2024

12. Personally, I raid too often not to use WeakAuras, but there are an incredible number of cool addons out there. For example, Deadly Boss Mods, Bagnon, Details, and, for instance, RareScanner. Now, searching for and installing addons has become much easier, thanks to Morhaime

13. Here's a list of what I use and find useful:
    • Auctionator.
      • Just a basic way to sell your stuff. One of those who I find extremely necessary if you want to sell stuff.
    • Details! Damage Meter.
      • This one as the name itself specify, allows you to keep track of the damage you're dealing. It has more functions overall but it's the main one I use.
    • Elvui.
      • Basically a change on all the GUI. I used to be a bit reticent with this one since I'm a bit of GUI purist. However, I must say it really enhances the game experience for me. It even has some useful tools like...auto sell trash (grey items), one-bag interface, something really useful to me is that it allows you to automatically sort items on bags.
    • Postal.
      • Big quality of life. Basically if you as an example have a massive income of mail like when you sell a lot of stuff. It automates the opening of all of it, instead of having to click every single freaking message.