1. It has vanilla content. It is a re-run through vanilla. Even if it has certain modifications and tweaks, the content is from vanilla. I don't understand why you are always so obtuse.

The point I am making, and the concern many have here, is clear. Why invest time in a character, why revisit (modified) vanilla content, when it will be over so soon? And if vanilla will be completed so quickly, that means BC and WotLC will be finished even faster. Again, Onyxia begins to appear to be only for those who want to exclusively play WoW and speed run through content.
    Ironic that you'd say I'm being obtuse.

Let me shed some light: your concerns are only valid for a Vanilla-only server. Which this isn't. You even double down by repeating this "why invest time" nonsense that would only apply if the server was closing after the duration of Vanilla. Seemingly Vanilla is the be-all-end-all of what matters for you, while for us (and likely the majority of players, who are here for the progressive aspect) it's just the first step. Which is fine, it just means Onyxia isn't what you and a few others wanted it to be. We were never under any illusion of trying to please everyone.

2. Will there be the events like the portal opening before TBC?

3. after the season ends witch realm the chars will be transfered to?

4. Seemingly Vanilla is the be-all-end-all of what matters for you, while for us (and likely the majority of players, who are here for the progressive aspect) it's just the first step.
    Exactly, vanilla should be a first step. Not a blast off into low earth orbit. I, and others who have commented here, would like to have time to enjoy vanilla before moving on to the expansions. Enjoy the scenery as it were. Not rush through things.

You even double down by repeating this "why invest time" nonsense that would only apply if the server was closing after the duration of Vanilla.
    No what I mean by this is that a faster progression means you also have to work faster in each phase to get caught up on the content. With slower progression, there is plenty of time to take it slow, level alts, take breaks from WoW, etc. Further, it somewhat negates the option of playing on x1 speed if the phases move on before you can get caught up.

I've never said to spend 5 years on vanilla content, only to consider 1 year or 1.5 years like classic. If you plan for a slower progression, it can always be sped up if it becomes necessary. Progression is great and is the main draw of this server, rushing through content is not.

5. What exactly happens when progression is complete? Transfers to Icecrown or what? The x3 is unique so just curious if there will be transfers to Icecrown, a new perma x3 wotlk realm, or just rinse and repeat? I would much rather see dedicated vanilla and tbc realms with options to transfer, theres so many that just wont want or be able to keep up with that progression.
    Is there any chance of getting this question answered? Starting a multi-year journey with forced progression is not going to happen unless this basic thing is known. Sorry if this has been answered but I dont see it anywhere, Thanks.

6. Exactly, vanilla should be a first step. Not a blast off into low earth orbit. I, and others who have commented here, would like to have time to enjoy vanilla before moving on to the expansions. Enjoy the scenery as it were. Not rush through things.

No what I mean by this is that a faster progression means you also have to work faster in each phase to get caught up on the content. With slower progression, there is plenty of time to take it slow, level alts, take breaks from WoW, etc. Further, it somewhat negates the option of playing on x1 speed if the phases move on before you can get caught up.

I've never said to spend 5 years on vanilla content, only to consider 1 year or 1.5 years like classic. If you plan for a slower progression, it can always be sped up if it becomes necessary. Progression is great and is the main draw of this server, rushing through content is not.
    Nine months for almost 19 years old content isn't "blasting off" by any reason-based metric. This is remarkably akin to the argument used by people who "must" have x1 rates for everyone, so I'll say the same thing: if you want to enjoy Vanilla and the scenery, you're free to do so, you just will lag behind others; what you can't is expect to have your cake and eat it too, i.e. have it at your scenery-enjoyer pace and have everyone who wants to proceed to Burning Crusade be held back by that.

Now, if the opposite of what you propose happens, and at this pace we see the unlikely scenario that the vast majority of the player base (who is trying to progress, of course, the metric wouldn't be the rose-smellers) isn't keeping up with the phases, I could see the schedule being changed.

7. This is remarkably akin to the argument used by people who "must" have x1 rates for everyone
    And a fair compromise was found at x3 rates. Significantly faster than normal, but not so fast it becomes unfeasible to play at x1.

Nine months for almost 19 years old content isn't "blasting off" by any reason-based metric.
    It's still quite fast, as is evidenced by the fact people keep voicing concern about it.

Consider adding a few months to stretch vanilla out to a solid year is all I'm asking. That's a similar compromise to changing x5 to x3. If once you plot out the phases to fit a year, it then turns out people are getting bored and demand a faster release schedule, then phases can be released faster. Simple.

8. It's still quite fast, as is evidenced by the fact people keep voicing concern about it.
    Now this would be a good use for "blasting."

As in "you're blasting out of proportion the same handful of people (and their alt accounts) repeatedly agreeing with each other."

9. In the middle of this very conversation mainly posted:

Is there any chance of getting this question answered? Starting a multi-year journey with forced progression is not going to happen unless this basic thing is known. Sorry if this has been answered but I dont see it anywhere, Thanks.
    When I jumped back to his post from a week ago, I find these two comments below it:

Why such a rush on content release? This doesn't even give us a year on vanilla.......
    Yeah, thats disappointing as ****. Especially phase 1 being rushed so hard over the holiday season where a lot of people are out of their homes. I hoped for atleast 3 months per phase. Can only hope it wont be like this for TBC and Wrath later on...
    I don't know what to tell you if you are such a paranoid schizo that you believe anyone who disagrees with you is a bot or bad actor, but even a cursory scroll back through this topic will show a great many people feel the progression is too fast.

10. I don't know what to tell you if you are such a paranoid schizo that you believe anyone who disagrees with you is a bot or bad actor, but even a cursory scroll back through this topic will show a great many people feel the progression is too fast.
    Such a sad day when people are so alienated to the wonders of technology that knowing alts is considered witchcraft...
    But then again, a whole dozen posts is "a great many people," so I guess it checks out?

11. Has it been mentioned how battlegrounds would be handled? Wondering if we will have cross-faction BGs here as well. Since alliance vs horde ratio has always been disproportioned (at least from my limited experience), I'd like to understand queue wait times and choose a fraction early in the game as I don't have time to level both faction chars along with alts.

Thank you!

12. Please guys give us some more info regarding questions posted here!

13. When the features will be available:
    1) Profession Upgrade
    2) Heirloom Items
    3) Character Level Up or EXP boost

Thank you

14. I'd like to agree with people addressing concerns for the progression being to fast. The only increased rate is the xp rate, so the only sped up grind is the leveling. Meaning you'll still have to spend lots of time farming gold, professions and reputations. If you really want to set periods of vanilla and tbc to be less than a year, reconsider the rates of all factors, not only the xp ones. These things aside, I think it would be great for people to define the "experience of progression" term. Seems like some of us have one idea for it and others have a different idea. For me, the initial idea of this server was to experience these three expansions at a likeable pace (like in many other private projects and even blizzard's classic) and not blast through them with the idea of being glued to the computer. It is interesting to know the general public opinion

15. I'd like to agree with people addressing concerns for the progression being to fast. The only increased rate is the xp rate, so the only sped up grind is the leveling. Meaning you'll still have to spend lots of time farming gold, professions and reputations. If you really want to set periods of vanilla and tbc to be less than a year, reconsider the rates of all factors, not only the xp ones. These things aside, I think it would be great for people to define the "experience of progression" term. Seems like some of us have one idea for it and others have a different idea. For me, the initial idea of this server was to experience these three expansions at a likeable pace (like in many other private projects and even blizzard's classic) and not blast through them with the idea of being glued to the computer. It is interesting to know the general public opinion
    reputation and professions are also boosted, drops in the world feel also boosted, you are seriously worrying too much.

First ... 17252627282937 ... Last