1. Tanks, dont join RDF or you will be banned for ninja looting

As a warrior that tanks dungeons, I am not a tank warrior. Same as almost every other warrior.
    However I have been banned for 5 days for rolling on a 2hand axe that I needed. An enha shaman thought that I was ninja looting his gear and reported me. The devs apparently think this is ninja looting.

So fellow warriors, be wary. do not join RDF groups. You will be partying with morons that don't understand the game and Think you're there to tank for their loot. Make your private groups reserving stuff as you have always done,
    Toxic practices invite more toxicity.
    well done warmane,

2. yea the same is true for healers. that's why i wouldn't queue as healer while leveling my priest or druid. i could heal dungeons but i don't need healing gear for questing (obviously). for end game content this system could make sense but for leveling/gearing up it just reduces the number of players that queue as healer/tank even further

3. In other words, if you lose a roll, even though its legit. They can report you for ninja looting, abusing the system and causing you to be banned for 5 days.

4. well, they are not abusing it because (according to the loot rules) you are not allowed to roll on anything that's not for your role. which is up for interpretation with many vanilla items imo.

5. In this case it was end game gear. which hurts even more, cause I didnt cry that a meme spec (enha shaman) rolled on a 2handed axe, I won the roll, didnt Master loot it to me (so again, how the **** this is ninja looting is beyond my rational). The item is way more relevant for me than for him, as at 60, n1 will take an enha shaman to a raid. But here I am banned and him thinking he has some kind of power to ban people after losing a roll

6. I 2hand tank a lot in dungeons as arms. I actually only use a shield in bosses or hard pulls

7. i find the ninja loot policy extremely ambiguous but if warmane thinks your 2h axe is not a tank item, you are as free to roll on it as a holy priest. the consequence of this for me as a hunter is to do as few dungeons as possible because who knows what is considered a hunter item and what not. for example i got a 2h axe with AP and crit but it also got parry which is not a hunter main stat. so am i a ninja for rolling on it? no idea

8. That doesnt make any sense Ringo, there has to be common sense on what ninja looting is, and what not. Me rolling on a 2h axe I use for tanking, pvping and farming cant be a ninja loot.

9. its not that everyone doesnt know how the game works, if u can tank with 2h for aggro/damage reason in dungeons thats good for you. but if u pick a tank role on rdf means u only have the right to actual tank items that contribute your role as tank which to soak damage not to deal damage. same thing goes to heal and dps. maybe try speccing to deffiance talent and use a shield if u want to dedicate yourself as actual tank?
    and rdf itself isnt vanilla, so your "vanilla culture common sense" doesnt apply.
    Edited: December 14, 2023

10. I wish I saw some tanks like OP. Most "tanks" I see are deep prot, and doing less damage&threat than a hunter pet

11. As a warrior that tanks dungeons, I am not a tank warrior. Same as almost every other warrior.
    However I have been banned for 5 days for rolling on a 2hand axe that I needed. An enha shaman thought that I was ninja looting his gear and reported me. The devs apparently think this is ninja looting.

So fellow warriors, be wary. do not join RDF groups. You will be partying with morons that don't understand the game and Think you're there to tank for their loot. Make your private groups reserving stuff as you have always done,
    well done warmane,
    q dps problem solved! wow that was a difficult one to figure out

12. TANK = roll for tank items
    HEALER = roll for healer items
    DPS = roll for dps items

End of story, you deserve that ban, you're a tank, not dps, understand that.

13. As a warrior that tanks dungeons, I am not a tank warrior. Same as almost every other warrior.
    You are definatley ninja looting in that scenario. Don't queue up as tank if you plan to steal items from people who queued as dps.

14. As a warrior that tanks dungeons, I am not a tank warrior. Same as almost every other warrior.

well done warmane,
    Not only tanks,but healers as well.

I was banned as holy paladin,needing on cloth.

Not my fault there's no plate/mail items with stam/int/healing until late game.

15. Very tempted to edit the title to "you will be banned for ninja looting when you ninja loot."

123 Last