1. WOLTK- Why is Archus, Greatstaff of Antonidas not BIS fior Shadow Priest?

Saw this guide (https://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=305558) says the BIS for Spriest is https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/item=5...-of-terenas-ii and https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/item=5...impaling-spike.

However, using the stats weight provided by that guide, Archus (https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/item=5...f-of-antonidas) gives better Spell Power and Haste over 1 MH + 1 OH combined.

Here is the stat weight from the guide:
    Spell power = 1 spell power
    Critical strike rating = 0.76 spell power
    Haste rating = 0.98 spell power
    Hit rating = 1.88 spell power (when not hit capped)
    Intellect = 0.22 spell power
    Spirit = 0.59 spell power

This is calculation:

RS + CIS
    81 stam + 44 stam = 125 stam
    81 intel + 44 intel = 125 intel -> 27.5 SP
    55 crit + 38 crit = 93 crit -> 71 SP
    71 haste + 30 haste = 101 haste -> 99 SP
    893 SP + 58 SP = 951 SP
    = 1148.5 SP

Archus
    = 188 stam
    = 188 intel -> 41 SP
    = 141 Spirit -> 83 SP
    = 141 haste -> 138 SP
    = 893 SP
    = 1155 SP

Overall Archus gives similar SP vs the other BIS combo. This is not inclusive of 3 red gems vs 1 red + 1 yellow AND better WEP enchant (83 SP vs 63 SP).

So someone correct me if I am missing anything on why Archus is considered crap or not worth to buy?
    Edited: January 6, 2024 Reason: added link to archus

2. Statweights always have to take into account statcaps and how stats work in tandem and what they do for you in general. It's not written in stone.
    E.g. Hit is your most sought after stat till capped. Afterwards it's entirely useless.
    Intellect is only useful till you're not facing mana issues anymore. Afterwards it's pretty much a wasted stat because you dont gain more DPS from recovering mana in excess or having a huge part of your manapool unused.
    1H+OH provides more SP and Crit and thus is usually the "go to" combination when more mana or haste (due to being capped anyway) become next to useless.

But tbh SPriest is probably the class with the closest call when it comes to 1H+OH vs 2H being viable.

3. Statweights always have to take into account statcaps and how stats work in tandem and what they do for you in general. It's not written in stone.
    E.g. Hit is your most sought after stat till capped. Afterwards it's entirely useless.
    Intellect is only useful till you're not facing mana issues anymore. Afterwards it's pretty much a wasted stat because you dont gain more DPS from recovering mana in excess or having a huge part of your manapool unused.
    1H+OH provides more SP and Crit and thus is usually the "go to" combination when more mana or haste (due to being capped anyway) become next to useless.

But tbh SPriest is probably the class with the closest call when it comes to 1H+OH vs 2H being viable.
    it is true to consider other items.
    But the staff actually gives more Spell power than 1H+OH if we are considering only Raw Spell Power. No Equilvalence value or stats weight.

RS + CIS:
    893 SP + 58 SP = 951 SP
    x 1 RED + 1 Yellow = 33 SP + 10 Crit
    Enchant = 63 SP
    = 1047 RAW SP

ARCHUS
    = 893 SP
    x 3 RED = 69 SP
    Enchant = 83 SP
    Talent 20% SP = 28 SP
    = 1073 RAW SP

Archus better by 26 spell power.
    So the difference is 41 Haste + 26 Spell power vs 100 Crit between Archs and MH+OH. Very little difference IMO. May be it is the extra Haste that might be wasted but it is no where near as bad as other ppl are saying. If not BIS, it is easily 2nd or 3rd BIS ONLY IF you have other BIS items.
    Edited: January 6, 2024

4. So the difference is 141 Haste vs 100 Crit between Archs and MH+OH.
    The difference is actually 40 Haste/~10 SP vs ~90 Crit gemming pure SP in both. Which boils down to "negligible difference" when you want to stick to statweights.

So i'll quote myself:

5. The difference is actually 40 Haste/~10 SP vs ~90 Crit gemming pure SP in both. Which boils down to "negligible difference" when you want to stick to statweights.

So i'll quote myself:
    Thanks for the correction. That comparison was correct.

I agree with that closing statement. Just amazed at seeing so many post saying Archus is like waste/garbo esp there are specializations (Fire mage, Warlock, Spriest) that could convert Spirit to useful offensive stats.

6. Everybody will know you didn't have 23 coins to spare.