1. 1 titansteel bar was 350g after last squish, it's upto 700-900g right now..
    This is mainly because of the gold squish to be honest :) after squish everybody is low on gold, then after a few months the price are getting higher and higher, just before the squish the price have doubled so they don't loose gold on the squish.

2. Another solution to gold squish is increase repair costs. It would also make people be more careful in raid and avoid wipes if they had to pay 100g in repair for each death.

3. Healthier, not healthy.

There won't ever be a healthy economy in a videogame where gold is produced out of nowhere and without regulations. Players can essentially "print money" by doing whatever, from farming drops to doing some mindless daily quest. Despite how much you might whine and moan, the servers are static, they won't keep getting new content, which creates new demands for stuff to pour gold out, while at the same time making all the stuff people like you hoard obsolete, so there are none of the natural drains the game would have and an artificial one is needed for the economy to be temporarily healthIER than the diseased state it will go back to every time.
    I doubt that huge excess gold is making economy bad. It would sit in player bags, and be effectively "drained out". What drives the market is demand - that is people who want their enchants, gems, professions and whatnot. They go out and farm their gold. Lets say, getting a socket gem is worth 30mins farming, whatever the number it is, 3000 or 300, that will be the price. How some dude has 10million in his vault has no bearing on it, very minimal at worst.

And squish throws a stick into this mechanism by creating artificial demand and forcing huge amounts of effectively drained out gold back into market. Now these people for whom economy should have worked are met with absurd things like herbs for a potion are double the cost of that potion, because people want to store wealth in items. They have to farm not 1hr to buy one gem, because there is a Billy who will overpay to stick that gem in vault, never to be used again, instead of just keeping wealth *** gold, never to be used again. Market now serves those excessive gold enjoyers with excessive amount of primordial saronites, instead of players that.. play.

4. Another solution to gold squish is increase repair costs. It would also make people be more careful in raid and avoid wipes if they had to pay 100g in repair for each death.
    Iirc repair costs are coded in the game engine, not serverside.

5. [/COLOR]On the same date, we will proceed with an amnesty for banned users. This will mostly involve users who have been banned already for a long time.

Conditions for the amnesty will not be made public, the staff has specified several internal requirements for users to be unbanned and we will make sure that the amnesty will not involve any significant rule-breakers or any recent banned players.

Kind regards
    Warmane
    Will this require me to submit a ticket? My account has been banned for over 5 years and I don't have the option to submit tickets.

6. It's almost the same as after squish. Only difference if you farm gold by doing dailies, then it's hard, but when you sell PS for 1200 and choker cost 30k it's the same as you sell PS for 400 and choker cost 13k...at least I see it that way

7. Will this require me to submit a ticket? My account has been banned for over 5 years and I don't have the option to submit tickets.
    No wording on that banned accounts would need to contact the staff. Probably better so, doubt there would be several hundreds of players flooding the support, and where only small fraction of them would be eligible.

There were ban amnesties during last year's cleanup. Think you would've been unbanned last year if you were to be unbanned. Perhaps you'll get a new chance with a magical 5 year mark, or your actions were beyond amnesty requirements.

8. increase AH tax instead of gold squish, since tax is % based it will adjust by itself to current economy
    more gold in game -> higher prices -> higher tax -> more gold sinked, it will regulate itself

9. The yearly 50% seems fine to me. The price of goods seems to go through the same progression each year.

But there is some truth to the idea that it confers an advantage to people who are more aware of how to manage it. There will always be a few rare cases of a player who is new to the server, doesn't pay attention and sees the 4k gold he had on his lvl75 character cut to 2k, leaving him unable to afford epic flying.

The problem with more frequent smaller cuts is that it would just be plain annoying to have to think about micromanaging it every week or every month. A yearly cut means that we only have to worry about it once. The rest of the time we can just relax and play the game.

What I'd really like to see is more optional gold sinks on cosmetic items that are unavailable in-game. The psychological impact of the gold cut would be lessened if people saw it as an excuse to splurge on something that grants a hit of dopamine such as a mount or tabard.

10. Honestly it doesn't affect me at all

11. a rigged Bilgewater cartel deathroll npc could be a nice gold sink, kekw

12. doesn't work like that, im perfectly fine with gold squishes it makes every item less value for awhile which means u can buy pre bis items like choker. so what if it affects the in-game economy it just makes prices exactly the same, it honestly sounds like ur just selling gold for irl cash if ur actually crying about a in-game economy and making suggestions like this sounds like ur trying to make a loop hole for smth, there is no reason to complain about it it just makes the AH more healthy and not expensive for new players who decides to come to warmane

13. My old acc ban since 2020 and..what about that?

14. I am a beginner player on the server, now I just took 58 and am going to tbc. I saved up 3000, I'm saving up 4500 to train and buy speed mounts. And now half of my gold will just disappear? No, I understand the economic problems caused by the glut of gold, but... Why does my ability to acquire high-speed flights suffer from this?

First ... 23456 ... Last