1. Can't you just ban people from putting up lvl 55 dks? Make it so you can only put up twinks / lvl 80s.
    I passed that suggestion along.

2. If they actually want to make a difference with gold squish they need to cut 75% of the gold in circulation every other year...otherwise people will just keep making obscene amounts of gold on the server abusing the squish mechanic over year long period
    The solution to a bad policy is not to double down on the policy.

3. the cleanup will target a wider range of character levels this year
    There's no change to levels. It seems this is copy pasted throughout the years, even on those cleanups when there were no changes to level requirements.

4. This whole procedure of reducing gold makes no sense. It is aimed at experienced and wealthy players (proletarian revolution, communist values)

Those experienced and wealthy stack their gold in a thoughtful way. Random players and ordinary players with e.g. 200 gold will suffer.

5. You'll suffer no consequences.

Your gold are worth exactly as much, as they were before the gold squish, when trading with other players.

Warmane has been up for over a decade. The gold squish is one of the best inventions to the server, for about 99% of the population.

The gold squish was invented, exactly as you described it, and it works exactly the way it should.
    For one, you can actually afford buying expensive items on the auction house. You would not be able to, without the gold squish.
    You should cherish it, instead of trying to fight it. It allows people like you to be able to afford ****, and prevents people like me, from reaching hundreds of millions in net worth, while you'd be starving to afford your repair bill.

6. The solution to a bad policy is not to double down on the policy.
    what makes it a bad policy is that over a year prices go up approximately 130% before the squish and if you buy fresh after the squish hold it all year long then sell you dont lose gold, you keep the gold you had initially and earn some on top of it.

I was buying primos last year (dont know exactly when, I think around May-June) for about 390-410 gold, and I sold over 400 primos yesterday at 1050 gold a piece...you do the math, but doing 75% cut will somewhat prevent that because economy cant recover that much in a year long period to get a positive return on investment...
    This all causes whales to funnel the gold 99% of server population into their pockets and never lose anything.

7. After all these years, I still don't understand how squish makes economy healthy.

8. what makes it a bad policy is that over a year prices go up approximately 130% before the squish and if you buy fresh after the squish hold it all year long then sell you dont lose gold, you keep the gold you had initially and earn some on top of it.

I was buying primos last year (dont know exactly when, I think around May-June) for about 390-410 gold, and I sold over 400 primos yesterday at 1050 gold a piece...you do the math, but doing 75% cut will somewhat prevent that because economy cant recover that much in a year long period to get a positive return on investment...
    This all causes whales to funnel the gold 99% of server population into their pockets and never lose anything.
    Yup, gold squish only affects badly those that dont play with AH. Best way to profit from it is by buying broken hilt, choker after the squish for low prices. Few months later you can sell everything for nice profit. Same applies for primos, only you need to hustle larger ammounts of items to gain profit.
    Not sure how squish affects alchemy crafting materials, i have a feeling that those might also have nice profit margin due to how alchemy works.

9. Hi guys Premium account get -50% gold squish too?

10. Hi guys Premium account get -50% gold squish too?
    Everybody gets the squish.

11. It doesn't. ingame economy is not the aim of the squish. website coins are.

12. Change the Gold Squish to something more drastic please ... 90% of people will just store an absurd amount of materials/crafted items or cheeze the gold squish with refundable items like Dalaran Rings to bring back the same amount of gold in circulation or hold the prices of things that are annoying to farm (Adder's Tongue). While for most players this gold squish will be effective - the issue will still stand.

It would be best if on this date every item/trade good becomes soulbound and all AH items get destroyed. Although absurdly and unreasonably sounding - hoarders and pure AH characters will not be able to cheeze this out. For those saying that "you've worked hard for those" - well, sure, and? Everyone did and everyone will be at square 1 with half the amount of gold in circulation.

On a side note - it would be best if you increase the respawn rates for overfarmed things in order to naturally lower their value and promote more farming for your own professions. 12 druids farming for Adder's Tongue and no one else can get a single one unless you kill one of those druids.

13. Hi guys Premium account get -50% gold squish too?
    No, no, Premium accounts get the +50% gold that was squished from the other people

14. [/COLOR]On the same date, we will proceed with an amnesty for banned users. This will mostly involve users who have been banned already for a long time.

Conditions for the amnesty will not be made public, the staff has specified several internal requirements for users to be unbanned and we will make sure that the amnesty will not involve any significant rule-breakers or any recent banned players.

Kind regards
    Warmane

Will this happen automatically or do those who are banned have to apply for a pardon by a ticket?

15. Will this happen automatically or do those who are banned have to apply for a pardon by a ticket?
    I was asking myself the same thing....

First 1234 ... Last