1. Cross Faction RDF

Will we ever see cross faction RDF on Onyxia? The queue lengths are becoming insanely long even for healers and tanks. Its especially bad if you are North American. In MY opinion, this would be a good addition to keep the sustainability of the server going. This screenshot is from around 2am server time.

2. I don't think cross faction is going to help the queue times unless the other faction has more tanks and healers than dps. The ratio of roles has to change to make an impact on the queue time at this point.

3. I don't think cross faction is going to help the queue times unless the other faction has more tanks and healers than dps. The ratio of roles has to change to make an impact on the queue time at this point.
    Maybe one side does have more in that role. I don't know what the Alliance has available. I see it as two pools to pull from which would be an improvement over what we have now.

4. I don't think cross faction is going to help the queue times unless the other faction has more tanks and healers than dps. The ratio of roles has to change to make an impact on the queue time at this point.
    Has there ever been a discussion about implementing "better" rewards for tanks?

The "problem" could simply be adressed by giving tanks (and maybe healers if there's a lack thereof) a better reward than just the average 3g potion. Then again, this gets rendered moot by the whole "if people would be using their social skills and create groups via chat, they'd not be looking for a tank" argument.

Just a thought, curious on what the Team thinks.

5. No, just no! they already have the privilege of having faster queues for the most part.

6. Has there ever been a discussion about implementing "better" rewards for tanks?

The "problem" could simply be adressed by giving tanks (and maybe healers if there's a lack thereof) a better reward than just the average 3g potion. Then again, this gets rendered moot by the whole "if people would be using their social skills and create groups via chat, they'd not be looking for a tank" argument.

Just a thought, curious on what the Team thinks.
    If there was any interest in bribing players to play a certain role it likely would have happened even before cross-faction was initially implemented.

Maybe one side does have more in that role. I don't know what the Alliance has available. I see it as two pools to pull from which would be an improvement over what we have now.
    The "two pools" would also merge the DDs from both sides. Now you wouldn't compete for a Tank and/or Healer with only DDs from your faction, but with those from the other faction as well.

7. If there was any interest in bribing players to play a certain role it likely would have happened even before cross-faction was initially implemented.

The "two pools" would also merge the DDs from both sides. Now you wouldn't compete for a Tank and/or Healer with only DDs from your faction, but with those from the other faction as well.
    Okay, then is there any solution being worked on to solve the RDF problem? Population in general?

8. Okay, then is there any solution being worked on to solve the RDF problem? Population in general?
    There's no solution that I can even think of, much less something to be worked on. This is a common issue on many MMOs out there. Players in general just like "action" classes more than support. Aside from blocking the creation of new characters in DD classes, which obviously won't happen, this is much more in the hands of the playerbase to play more of those roles.

9. Tanks usually get the social aggro from the party when things go rough. Tanks (who aren't really tanks, but can tank 5-man content) are disincentivized in doing so because of the "Ninja-Loot" rules...they can't roll on the gear they'd actually want without getting banned.

One is a player issue. The other -could- be addressed by staff, but it won't be, because it makes the rule even more grey than it currently is, and harder to enforce.

10. There's no solution that I can even think of, much less something to be worked on. This is a common issue on many MMOs out there. Players in general just like "action" classes more than support. Aside from blocking the creation of new characters in DD classes, which obviously won't happen, this is much more in the hands of the playerbase to play more of those roles.
    I for myself love tanking and have tank gear, but as Paladin its just a pain in the ***. If you guys ever re-do another Onyxia style realm, maybe it would be a good idea to buff some classes, as the disbalance is annoying. I mean, we get by it, everything is doable - its just not very convenient for the average playerbase imo.

11. I for myself love tanking and have tank gear, but as Paladin its just a pain in the ***. If you guys ever re-do another Onyxia style realm, maybe it would be a good idea to buff some classes, as the disbalance is annoying. I mean, we get by it, everything is doable - its just not very convenient for the average playerbase imo.
    Your issue appears to be with Vanilla WoW, not with Warmane.

12. I doubt we would mess with class or race mechanics. That's just how they are supposed to be during the Vanilla phase.

13. Your issue appears to be with Vanilla WoW, not with Warmane.
    Its not about having an issue at all, just saying that there are people like me which would love to tank, but the current Vanilla class design doesnt really allow us to tank in a decent way. I dont expect any change, ill reroll to tank myself from TBC onwards - but if there would be another Onyxia style realm and the lack of tanks (or class diversity in raids) would cause a decrease in player numbers, it wouldnt be bad to take a look at those class/spec issues.

I doubt we would mess with class or race mechanics. That's just how they are supposed to be during the Vanilla phase.
    Yeah, got complete understanding for that. Just saying, in case, one day, another same style realm was opened - would be worth a thought at least. Or maybe leave it as 40m content, so the raids dont have to be stacked with warriors only. Vanilla had a great idea behind it, but the class design and itemization for some specs wasnt thought through properly, which definitely did make a few players i know quit. Not everyone is willing to reroll warrior in order to tank properly, or DPS as warrior/rogue and wait for TBC so they can finally play Boomkin/Spriest/etc