1. Sure, then let's stick to the schedule with release of Naxxramas and TBC as well. Meaning if AQ delays by 4 months then by that time it will overlap with already released Naxxramas. Obviously that won't happen because once Naxxramas releases nobody will give a **** about AQ anymore.
    I don't mind AQ not opening at all. That means people will simply wait for TBC and won't even bother with Naxxramas without any AQ gear ;)
    After all, Obnoxious said it himself - if AQ won't open the server won't miss out on anything important and mandatory...only AQ20 and AQ40 raids, which we obviously don't need to release Naxxramas and progress to TBC :o

2. I love these fanfics about me and "what I said."
    Never stop.

3. It's fine guys the devs will not kill the realm instead of crying about it how about you actually play the game and start farming the materials needed for release?

4. pretty sure nobody is gonna bother doing the war effort, especially the alliance side wont
    exactly

why would i bother...

5. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Btw do we have somewhere calendar with dates or shcedule about when are you planing next patches of vanilla or TBC ?
    For now we are on zul gurub as i know

6. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Btw do we have somewhere calendar with dates or shcedule about when are you planing next patches of vanilla or TBC ?
    For now we are on zul gurub as i know
    Vanilla schedule was posted in one of news posts. No info about TBC so far.
    March 30th, Phase 3.5 will begin the preparations for the AQ Gates.
    April 27th, Phase 4 will unleash Ahn’Qiraj, depending on player progress.
    June 29th, Phase 5 will culminate with Naxxrammas.

7. 4 Weeks Ago  
    The only thing I'm worried about is that I have technically "completed" the first few quests (for Broodlord's head and several thousand carapace fragments, for example) during the brief time period it was available before the rep was rolled back and quest removed, and I'm worried that I won't be able to do the quest again once it becomes available. I got a very vague and seemingly unrelated answer from the ticket I sent in which lead me to believe the GM misunderstood what I was asking. I don't mind doing the quest again, I just want to be sure it will even be available. I'm currently waiting for a response to my response, which hopefully makes it more clear what I'm asking, but I'm wondering if any other players here have had any related experiences or conversations with GMs that might shed some light on this. I know I was not the only one out there farming carapace fragments a few months ago, but as far as I'm aware "editing quest progress" is difficult if not completely impossible.

Mods, please note this is not a repeat attempt of an in-game ticket but rather I am asking the community if they have ever experienced similar issues. That being said, any relevant information is appreciated. Obviously if the quest is not available to me I will report it on the bug tracker, which I imagine would take time to address, if that's even possible

8. 4 Weeks Ago  
    i rly hope they will not make it easier to extend the great vanilla content as long as possible. we already had plenty of TBC servers.

9. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Would appreciate clarification on what exactly the plan is with the War Effort.

If we don't get near the right amount of supplies (and we won't, the real server population is too low even before you factor in the lack of cooperative nature of the community), will supplies be added?

What will happen on the 27th of April? Will the raid simply be opened? What will happen with the quest chains? Will sceptre bearers be able to bang a gong? Or will Scarab Lord be unobtainable because we haven't earned it as a server?

Since a lot of the available activity hinges around these questions, they really need answering so players know what the hell they should be doing.

It would be a huge slap in the face for those going for Scarab Lord to have it taken from them without clarification.

10. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Would appreciate clarification on what exactly the plan is with the War Effort.

If we don't get near the right amount of supplies (and we won't, the real server population is too low even before you factor in the lack of cooperative nature of the community), will supplies be added?

What will happen on the 27th of April? Will the raid simply be opened? What will happen with the quest chains? Will sceptre bearers be able to bang a gong? Or will Scarab Lord be unobtainable because we haven't earned it as a server?

Since a lot of the available activity hinges around these questions, they really need answering so players know what the hell they should be doing.

It would be a huge slap in the face for those going for Scarab Lord to have it taken from them without clarification.
    Yep this was the great mistake. They put a release date which removed all incentive. Why would anyone invest hours of their life farming materials when the content will just be released in 4 weeks? The rewards for the turn ins are not that desirable. They put "depending on player progress"... then why put a date at all? Currently the supply rates are up to 3 months out. The server is pretty split right now because of the lack of clarity on this point. Most people I talk to are under the impression it's just going to be released anyway.

11. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Until another team member gives more context:

The war effort ends with the opening of the gates of Ahn'Qiraj and instances, but that is not all. The final 10 hour war also allows players who obtained the Scepter of the Shifting Sands to get the legendary mount and title Scarab Lord.

The april release is both our estimate and deadline for releasing the raids, so on the one hand yes the raid will be released but on the other us releasing it will lock players out of obtaining the mentioned mount and title.
    There is some leeway of course, but even that is a few days at most

12. 3 Weeks Ago  

The war effort ends with the opening of the gates of Ahn'Qiraj and instances, but that is not all. The final 10 hour war also allows players who obtained the Scepter of the Shifting Sands to get the legendary mount and title Scarab Lord.

The april release is both our estimate and deadline for releasing the raids, so on the one hand yes the raid will be released but on the other us releasing it will lock players out of obtaining the mentioned mount and title.
    Yikes. So in reality the over 99% who aren't going for the mount/title really don't have to care because they get what they want anyway with no effort. We're not getting a mount and title so there's no reason to waste gold and time on it if the end result is the same. And the few elite players who put in a massive effort will get punished because of an estimate Warmane placed. They will just be super mad at you guys cause they put in insane hours and gold for nothing.

13. 3 Weeks Ago  

I'd like to invite the team to reconsider. None of this was clear, and a lot of people were and are all-in on the Sceptre Bearer grind. The goals were never feasible un-nerfed in the time frame allowed. (In fact, we'd have to wait for NPC migration even after that the goals were reached. Even crazier.)

14. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Not exactly. You will be missing out on several weeks of AQ loot.

15. 3 Weeks Ago  

Well, i dont wanna sound salty, but you guys could have told us that before we spent hours and hours on planning and executing farming related to the Scarab Lord chain.

I could have imagined many options, but the one where you release the raids and just skip the War Effort along with Scarab Lord is one i didnt, cause its everything but not blizzlike. Blizzard had both events, along with a mechanic to auto turn in part of the mats for the War Effort from server side, resulting in people still being able to get the Scarab Lord despite the community on some realms not being able to collect the stuff fast enough.

Is there any explanation for why the team has decided to go for this most non blizzlike option? I really hope this is just a bad aprils 1st joke.

First 1234 ... Last