1. 3 Weeks Ago  
    That's fair reasoning, but I don't think it's necessarily wrong for people to be able to see the goalposts before they shoot.

The last thing I'd like clarified if possible is if there's to be a Blizzlike delay between the supplies being handed in and the gong being available to be rung and the start of the 10-hour war. My understanding is this was originally 7 days for the "NPCs to migrate". Based on the fact that time is going to be tight already, I think that part of the event should be expedited.
    Im not entirely sure, but i believe it was 5 days, lore wise explained as "both factions transporting all the gathered resources to AQ". Would be nice to know if this is gonna be the same on Onyxia too, as back on Retail it gave all the contenders the opportunity to "sort their IRL" and be ready for the 10 hour war.

Edited: 3 Weeks Ago Reason: Added picture link

2. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Am I the only one who thinks that if theoretically Warmane has to step in and force complete the war effort the punishment for the community should be that nobody gets to ring the gong and get scarab lord? Why would you get scarab lord without completing the war effort organically? So lets say the player base fails to complete the war effort by April 27th, AQ is force released and thus titles and mounts are forfeited as a result. Seems fair to me. What do you think?

3. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Am I the only one who thinks that if theoretically Warmane has to step in and force complete the war effort the punishment for the community should be that nobody gets to ring the gong and get scarab lord? Why would you get scarab lord without completing the war effort organically? So lets say the player base fails to complete the war effort by April 27th, AQ is force released and thus titles and mounts are forfeited as a result. Seems fair to me. What do you think?
    scarab lord and war effort are two separate things, this makes 0 sense

4. 3 Weeks Ago  
    You can hit the gong for Scarab Lord title and mount only when war effort is completed, so no it makes sense.

5. 3 Weeks Ago  
    That is actually what Nobuemon is saying will happen:

The april release is both our estimate and deadline for releasing the raids, so on the one hand yes the raid will be released but on the other us releasing it will lock players out of obtaining the mentioned mount and title.
    There is some leeway of course, but even that is a few days at most
    Some issues there: the player count relative to the effort is small; there's minimal benefit to normal players as the raid will be released anyway (so would-be Scarab Lords are basically "on the hook" for their sceptre chain AND the supplies); Auction House flippers can mess with the viability of handing in much at all.

I look forward to some server cooperation to getting it done. Right, guys?

6. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Both the War Effort and the Scarab Lord Quest Chain are a big effort. I personally wouldnt want to see people who went through the struggle with Scarab Lord to not get the title. If decided so, then also AQ should stay closed because we failed as community to "open it" properly. Punishing people which farmed Scarab, while people not doing anything get to raid AQ seems like quite the opposite of being fair imo.

7. 3 Weeks Ago  
    scarab lord and war effort are two separate things, this makes 0 sense
    They are not separate. Watch Tipsout video about how to get Scarab lord. He clearly states without completing the war effort nobody can ring the gong.

8. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Both the War Effort and the Scarab Lord Quest Chain are a big effort. I personally wouldnt want to see people who went through the struggle with Scarab Lord to not get the title. If decided so, then also AQ should stay closed because we failed as community to "open it" properly. Punishing people which farmed Scarab, while people not doing anything get to raid AQ seems like quite the opposite of being fair imo.
    You also have to consider the rivals of the people who are now farming scarab lord that don't want certain guilds getting it. So by handing them Scarab lord on the platter by Warmane team force completing the war effort would be viewed as a betrayal. You have to remember some people DON'T want anyone to have this title and mount. My guild for example refuses to participate in the war effort just so some no lifer from one of the top guilds gets their title. Call it gatekeeping or whatever but it's fact. I bet a lot of people on Icecrown wish Shadowmourne was never added to the game. Same thing here with Scarab Lord.

9. 3 Weeks Ago  
    You also have to consider the rivals of the people who are now farming scarab lord that don't want certain guilds getting it. So by handing them Scarab lord on the platter by Warmane team force completing the war effort would be viewed as a betrayal. You have to remember some people DON'T want anyone to have this title and mount. My guild for example refuses to participate in the war effort just so some no lifer from one of the top guilds gets their title. Call it gatekeeping or whatever but it's fact. I bet a lot of people on Icecrown wish Shadowmourne was never added to the game. Same thing here with Scarab Lord.
    You do realize that both events are linked to each other, and AQ normally wouldnt open without both being completed?

So either you are totally sadistic and dont want anyone to raid AQ, or you wanna pick a cherry and hope that AQ gets released anyway, rewarding everyone (including you) for doing nothing, while the people which spents days of ingame time to actually complete one of the two events are left empty handed?

10. 3 Weeks Ago  
    You do realize that both events are linked to each other, and AQ normally wouldnt open without both being completed?

So either you are totally sadistic and dont want anyone to raid AQ, or you wanna pick a cherry and hope that AQ gets released anyway, rewarding everyone (including you) for doing nothing, while the people which spents days of ingame time to actually complete one of the two events are left empty handed?
    The difference here is that the raid is opening regardless. That's the plan as stated by Warmane staff. So the incentives to actually do the war, in material terms, only exist if you/your guild want Scarab Lord or you just wanna see the event happen. As I've said I hope we can do it because it'd be cool and it'd be a huge shame if it doesn't happen for the server.

I plan to help even though we won't get any Scarab Lords ourselves - but for most players there isn't reason enough to care or contribute. Why work for something that's coming for free? - will be the feeling. There are always people who dislike the more serious guilds, too, so that will be a counterbalance to the people who simply want Scarab Lords to exist.

11. 3 Weeks Ago  

I understand completely. What I am saying is. Nobody should have Scarab Lord unless they completed the scepter and the war effort without any Warmane assistance. Simple as that. If that do the war effort and the quest chain and EARn their title. I have no problem with it. I just hope that Warmane doesn't get involved and hand the the ability to ring the gong on a platter.

12. 3 Weeks Ago  
    I doubt anything would be "accelerated" - and will be openly vocal against it if it gets brought up among Staff.
    That whole thing is a community event. It doesn't block any crucial progress if the effort fails, players just miss out on some stuff. If players can't come together to see it done as it's meant to be, the rewards are forfeited, that's all. No one is entitled to any completion reward by default. The whole "low population" thing also isn't going to stick. People seem to forget that back in the day, when the content was new and players completed it, you didn't have 10 or 12 thousands players online.
    HA! Hahahaha, if I recall correctly, the War Effort event of the discontinued "Frostmourne" server was moved From one server to the other newer one with the same progression because NOBODY DID IT!

I agree they should farm, but it's going to be impossible. This server is fubar atm

13. 3 Weeks Ago  

14. 3 Weeks Ago  
    lol comments getting deleted?
    Considering they had guild drama, something against the Forum rules and that can result in a ban, the Moderator who deleted those posts went light on the ones involved. More than I would.

This server is fubar atm
    Onyxia during slow times has a population on par with what the original Vanilla servers had back then, so there's nothing wrong with it. If people can't complete the event it's strictly because they didn't want to.

15. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Imo warmane devs should not intervene at this point. And the claim players don't care is wrong. Also the claim about high mat prices is wrong.
    If you look at war efforts, you see thorium bars are completed but lower metals not yet. Again there are more runecloth bandages collected than lower bandages.
    So it's not about prices. And you cannot say players don't care.
    The thing is war efforts are done by end game players and they don't want to spend time with low level content materials. Even they don't want to deal buying low lvl mats from ah and crafting themselves.

First ... 23456 ... Last