1. 3 Weeks Ago  

Arena Reward System

Hello everyone,

Something must change with the reward system in arena brackets, especially for the most active and played bracket in the whole server - 2v2.

The reward system is totally brutal for players who are competing for rank 1 spot or even rank 2 and rank 3. A gladiator title that is definitely below of what rank 1 means. Even if we are about to compare Blizzard Classic, rank 1 is a % in 2v2 aswell. So why not award players with actual title that are playing the most active bracket in this server?

It comes to a point where we play for nothing, and this is a serious matter, while in 3v3 you almost NEVER have ques unless its 3v3 hour, and almost no good teams whatsoever to compete against, the rank 1 in 3v3 is simply just being taken by people who snipe low ques. Is this fair that such people get awarded rank 1 title and 2v2 players get a tier 2 title? Think about it, because it makes a lot of sense. 2v2 bracket should be awarded the same for rank 1 team atleast.

Kind Regards

2. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Hi, what's your in game name? If you don't mind telling

3. 3 Weeks Ago  
    My name doesnt matter, just assume that I am 3k+ every season in 2s being rank 1 and playing against actual ladder players and all I get awarded is a gladiator that should NEVER EVER be the case. This is not even a question, the 2v2 is most played / active bracket on the server and deserves way more than what people get in 3v3 by just sniping lower teams (because no one plays it) to get rating and get rewarded for free.
    Edited: 3 Weeks Ago Reason: word correction

4. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Did you consider that the fact it's the most active is exactly why that happens?
    If even the coveted rewards are pushed to 2v2, even less will care about 3v3. But everyone is welcome to play 3v3 if they want those rewards.

5. 3 Weeks Ago  
    I'm pretty sure threesomes take way more skill, gotta watch it so you don't stick it in your bro by accident afterall

6. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Yes, plus you have to get three competent people who can work together. Recruitment is more time consuming, teams break off much easier, it takes more training and dedication for everything to work properly, losing a team member can mean many weeks trying to find a replacement and getting them in synergy with the other two. That's the big reason few people do it, the higher investment and dedication.

7. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Do you play arena or understand how it works? Because to have an outside opinion without actually playing is not the same. EVEN if that was the case as you say "to promote 3v3 activity or say its harder which is not because it is two different brackets and both are hard in their own way and deserve equal rewards", still 2v2 deserves much better rewards. If you ever look up to blizzard classic or anything like that, 2v2 is being given r1 rewards by the way, if you dont want to give it to several teams atleast give it to the rank 1 team because its well deserved.

"That's the big reason few people do it, the higher investment and dedication." - sorry but thats false, sniping completely low teams to get to that 2.5k or 2.6k rating to keep your r1 with no competition whatsoever, is not the same as having 3k or 3.1k in 2v2. You can always find people playing in 2v2, very competitive teams, everyday to mention aswell, my point stands that either way, 2v2 deserves a rank 1 title atleast for r1 team.

8. 3 Weeks Ago  
    You have your opinion about rewards, the Staff has a different one.

9. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Sure I cant change what the Staff decides but I can bring the topic up and make it better for some people who actually enjoy and care playing a major bracket. My opinion does not come out randomly, its based on facts that in official u also get r1 title for playing 2s. People already dont receive coins for 2v2 bracket, r1 title for r1 team would not hurt the economy in any way anyway.

10. 3 Weeks Ago  
    It isn't about economy or Coins, it's about disproportional activity, as I already explained.
    Maybe if both were equally active the rewards would be the same, but I wouldn't hold my breath about the rewards changing if the rest remains the same.

11. 3 Weeks Ago  
    But there is no activity and never has been, it was all the same for years, the only time people actually play 3s is on sunday event hour. If you want to promote 3v3 acitivity make the event twice a week or even tripple it, then things would change hopefully. It is literally being played by one team only that is far ahead of others because of how easy it is abuse this bracket especially if rank 1 is 2.5 or 2.6. You literally are rewarding people that are playing for +3 or +4 rating which are totally not deserving of getting r1, I wont even go into details about wintrading. You cant do the same in 2v2 because you actually meet teams all the time on low and high and you have to compete for it, you dont compete in 3s at this point.

12. 3 Weeks Ago  
    If there's no activity I suppose there's no interest in the rewards made exclusive to it.
    Logic says if people wanted the prizes, they'd compete for them. Even more so if it's "so easy."

13. 3 Weeks Ago  
    No offense but you seem to not understand that both brackets are as equally important and not everyone enjoys playing 3v3 or 2v2. So to follow that up, both brackets, in this case, 2v2 deserves to get some kind of appreciation, and not some gladiator title that is way below r1 standards and what it actually means to some people.

14. 3 Weeks Ago  
    No, it feels like the case is more that you don't understand this...

15. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Because by the "logic" as you so intelligently said, 2v2 bracket should get r1 title rewards aswell, and thats a pure logic based on official or anywhere else. You cant tell people to go and play 3v3 if they dont want to, brackets are literally different and equally important and should be rewarded around the same.

12 Last