1. 2 Weeks Ago  

Why is Prot warrior "the worst tank"?

Hello.
    I have tanked for a bit with prot pala and dk but never started tanking as warrior since everyone is saying that it's just simply the worst, that it dies a lot, generates no threat and deals no damage and is always in D tier in tier lists . I tried out the class simulators and it seems that prot warriors and prot paladins are not that dissimilar.
    So my question is: why is prot warrior thought to be the worst tank?
    And: Is it worth leveling and grinding prot warrior?

2. 2 Weeks Ago  
    In somebody else's words:

prot warrior is just bad. everything they can do a prot pal can do better with the addition of raid buffs/cds. no amount of rationalization will change this.
    A lot has been written about this topic. I suggest you read https://www.google.com/search?q=icc+...um.warmane.com

3. 1 Week Ago  
    Yes it is. prot warrior is the best tank by far. but people don't know how to play it (rage starving, aoe threat, even defs cds) best played by veteran experts
    (not many left)...

4. 1 Week Ago  
    If you play on Icecrown, you can tank everything with one of the four tanking classes of your choice...

If you play on Lordaeron, where the pve content is way harder, protection paladins and blood death knights are usually the most common tanks, with few exceptions (a LOD guild in Lordaeron used to have a feral druid tank). In that realm, protection warriors play only niche roles, tanking adds on Halion 25HC and Anub Arak 25 HC (in this case, with a specific gear build, focused on block value and avoidance).

Protection paladins and blood death knights simply bring more utilities to the table: divine sacrifice, ardent defender (the best passive skill of the entire game), greater blessing of sanctuary (even if is overrun by the discipline priests), hand of freedom, hand of salvation, hand of sacrifice, hand of protection, hysteria, abomination's might (which may be overrun by hunter's aura), icy talons (increasing melee haste). Just by replacing the blood death knight with a feral druid, you would need to replace a fury warrior with a frost death knight or an enhancement shaman to ensure the melee haste buff. On a realm where everything is min - maxed, you don't want that.

Last but not least, protection paladins and blood death knights are way easier to play.
    Just spam Icy Touch, my friend, and nobody will ever steal your aggro.

5. 1 Day Ago  

If you play on Lordaeron, where the pve content is way harder, protection paladins and blood death knights are usually the most common tanks, with few exceptions (a LOD guild in Lordaeron used to have a feral druid tank). In that realm, protection warriors play only niche roles, tanking adds on Halion 25HC and Anub Arak 25 HC (in this case, with a specific gear build, focused on block value and avoidance).
    No even in Lord you can tank all. The fourth bosses until saucroc is really good for war tank (and for training basic tank mecanic).

Protection paladins and blood death knights simply bring more utilities to the table: divine sacrifice, ardent defender (the best passive skill of the entire game), greater blessing of sanctuary (even if is overrun by the discipline priests), hand of freedom, hand of salvation, hand of sacrifice, hand of protection, hysteria, abomination's might (which may be overrun by hunter's aura), icy talons (increasing melee haste). Just by replacing the blood death knight with a feral druid, you would need to replace a fury warrior with a frost death knight or an enhancement shaman to ensure the melee haste buff. On a realm where everything is min - maxed, you don't want that.
    Yes like any ret in your raid, excepting really few of them. So let me complete war tank allow your dps to only focus on dps and don't waste energy/rage on sunder armor. As war tank you don't really need Hof (depends you role mt/ot and boss) because your charge clean all. Way more aggro control due to inter + vigi. And you can bring safeguard, boosted commanding shout. Also you can bring heavy dps while tanking (warning only for high gear, who know what's they are doing)

Last but not least, protection paladins and blood death knights are way easier to play.
    Just spam Icy Touch, my friend, and nobody will ever steal your aggro.
    This is the real reason.

Btw I still don't understand people on this server. They cry because no tank tag rhc, they wait a long time to fine tank for their raid. Then you bring a war tank, they cry again and refuse it. Just wtf.

Play what YOU want. (but I don't hide it's "ll be complicate if you are pwar to raid)

6. 22 hours ago  
    No even in Lord you can tank all. The fourth bosses until saucroc is really good for war tank (and for training basic tank mecanic).
    You can tank it all on lordaeron. It's just dumb to use a protwarr. Especially on add-heavy fights like ldw, vdw and lk and spiky-damage fights like sindra and even bpc.

Yes like any ret in your raid, excepting really few of them. So let me complete war tank allow your dps to only focus on dps and don't waste energy/rage on sunder armor. As war tank you don't really need Hof (depends you role mt/ot and boss) because your charge clean all. Way more aggro control due to inter + vigi. And you can bring safeguard, boosted commanding shout. Also you can bring heavy dps while tanking (warning only for high gear, who know what's they are doing)
    Your furies dropping a gcd or two to stack sunder is a major issue? Aggro control due to intervene + vigi is next to non-existant unless you have a single major threat player (and then you can just salvation him...). Boosted commanding shout is skillable by fury if you really need those ~400 HP.
    Safeguard is probably the only viable thing. Paired with dropping aggro on your maintank due to how intervene works.
    Also high dps? compared to what? a blood dk tank?

This is the real reason.

Btw I still don't understand people on this server. They cry because no tank tag rhc, they wait a long time to fine tank for their raid. Then you bring a war tank, they cry again and refuse it. Just wtf.
    Prot/Blood is played due to how they complement a raid and how they work in certain encounters. Not because there's no players knowing how a protwarrior works since it's also playable by a chimpanzee. Wotlk pve doesn't really get much further than pushing four buttons to work at 99% efficiency on any class.

Play what YOU want. (but I don't hide it's "ll be complicate if you are pwar to raid)
    You might want to tell that to people who want to play no Fire Mage/MM Hunter/Combat Rogue/Resto Shaman/Demo Lock. There's abundance of classes considered borderline useless. Warr isn't the only class suffering this fate. And it's not because there's nobody able to figure out how e.g. ele shaman works.

7. 18 hours ago  
    ....... Tired of people like you. Let's people play what they want. Who are you and I are to say play this, like this,....? it's an old game. It's supose to be fun, without a lot of constraints like we have irl. So with 15 y of exp a raid can atleast handle 1 exotic spe. (and war tank, it's not cause it's work) Even the 1st down on lk was made with a war tank.

Forgot to said it's also bring stuns.

So show me your war tank doing icc, if you said you know and all can do it.