1. 2 Weeks Ago  

Ping Problems with Connection from South East Asia

Hello everyone,

Im playing from the South East Asian Region (Thailand to be precise) on Warmane and I experience huge Lagspikes since around 3 Weeks.
    My Ingame Ping is between 5000 ms up to 22000 ms.
    Before everything was fine and it ran completely smooth.

A recent Speedtest came back as okay, also I pinged the French Government Website (as the Warmane Servers are hosted in France if Im not mistaken) and it came back as fine (Average=59ms)

I attached Screenshots of the Speedtest:

https://imgur.com/a/hZ9BCwo

I flushed DNS and Released and Renew IP, I deleted the Cache Folder for WOW and monitored the Usage of Addons, everything seems to be fine. The Ping however is constantly at around 5000 MS.

I would appreciate any help, since at the Moment my Ingame Experience is not so fun (as you can imagine)

Kind regards ;)

2. 2 Weeks Ago  
    When you ping the french government website, you are pinging a cloudflare address. So you are actually pinging a server that is very close to you and not in France. It would be technically impossible for that ping to be 15 ms if the server was actually located in France. And you can see how unstable your ping is to that server. So the problem is in your connection and not in any of the internet routes to France.

3. 2 Weeks Ago  
    Hmm i doubt that, i am also form a different country in SEA and the same issue occurs on my end for 2 - 3 weeks now.

4. 1 Week Ago  
    I'm having the exact same problem. In the past weeks it's been impossible to play
    When I log in after a few minutes the latency goes to 3k and I cannot play. Only if I restart the game. But 2 minutes after I restart the latency goes up again
    I'm playing from Brazil and the connection always used to be fine
    I'm worried that there's nothing we players can do about it

5. 1 Week Ago  
    Also facing this issue. The lag gets especially lag during group content e.g. raids, dungeons, wpvp, etc. Can't do much except casual leveling and world exploration with the latency problem as it stands now. I think it started after the arena season reset a couple of weeks back.

6. 1 Week Ago  
    Same SEA here.. im from indonesia my ping to USA, UK and other EU country is ok but when ping France it get frequent RTO.. Pls Warmane check ur side

7. 1 Week Ago  
    SEA player with the Same Problem Here With Average Ping Being Around 3000-5000 ms.. other guildies from SEA also got the same problem rendering them unable to play however few days ago it runs fine with an average ping of 30-100 ms i hope warmane staffs see's this

8. 1 Week Ago  
    Its start right before eid mubarak, now its almost 3 weeks and i still cannot play with such a huge latency above 5k and sometimes or eventually reach 22k. Im from Indonesia btw. Need staff here

9. 1 Week Ago  
    My brother has the same problem, he's trying to play from Vietnam. Warmane admins, please pay attention.

10. 6 Days Ago  
    Sorry for bump, but is anyone resolved this matter?
    Or perhaps any suggestion we can take to

11. 6 Days Ago  
    seems that we dont have any other choice than to just quit the game the problem is on "routing" we also tried using vpn and guess what nothing resolves the issue sooo yeah our only choice is to just quit

12. 6 Days Ago  
    try a traceroute (tracert on windows) in the command shell like

tracert logon.warmane.com

Look which hop will give you that huge latency, i guess there is something wrong from your locations to the EU. for routings the best bet is to talk with your internet service provider. also let us know wich hop it is (if its not the server itself)

13. 6 Days Ago  
    Using vpn resolved the issue for me, I have my own vpn server (Philippines) hosted via cloud, ofcourse i'm paying for the hosting :D. btw I'm from the Philippines. I think it depends on the vpn location because some are not that stable.

14. 5 Days Ago  
    i did a traceroute some time ago and it showed that everything from 1st to 9th entry is fine until the 10th entry where everything goes horrible
    1 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 24 ms 22 ms 29 ms 10.18.32.1
    3 28 ms 24 ms 18 ms 172.31.65.17
    4 17 ms 20 ms 83 ms 172.31.33.17
    5 21 ms 18 ms 15 ms 130.105.0.124
    6 28 ms 28 ms 17 ms 130.105.0.11
    7 43 ms 49 ms 17 ms 182.18.194.221
    8 33 ms 17 ms 20 ms 182.18.194.220
    9 25 ms 14 ms 17 ms 130.105.0.48
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.

it is always like this every trace route and the timeouts will go on for the rest of the entry