1. 2 Weeks Ago  

Is RDF actually random?

Today I had 5-6 HoR, I abandoned few so that I can get different dungeon after 30min debuff but then again I got HoR.
    How does randomness work in RDF? Is it something similar to daily quests and everyone gets the same heroic dungeon that day?

2. 2 Weeks Ago  
    I haven't looked at how it works, but in my experience it's completely random. On the other hand, once a group is formed, the random dungeon is chosen between the set of dungeons that nobody in the group is saved to, which means there's a slight bias to the dungeons everybody hates. I wish they'd remove the dungeon deserter debuff.

3. 2 Weeks Ago  
    Did some daily RDF's on my warrior recently out of slight boredom. 4 or 5 of them were Oculus during the week or one and a half period I did them. Mind you, this is from one dungeon per day, never leaving, and always completing the RDF. RNG really kicked in with a roundhouse kick.

What comes to leaving a dungeon and then trying to re-queue, it often feels like it places you in the same dungeon you left. It felt like that to the point that, if I ever left a dungeon, I would relog, or do RDF with another character 1st.

4. 2 Weeks Ago  
    Today I had 5-6 HoR, I abandoned few so that I can get different dungeon after 30min debuff but then again I got HoR.
    How does randomness work in RDF? Is it something similar to daily quests and everyone gets the same heroic dungeon that day?
    If only HoR is your problem..there is easy solution. Make in EQ manager set called RHC and just unequip certain items that lowers you to bare minimum (around 3.8k gs) so game still let's you join RHC. Join it and you never get into Fos pos hor RHC because of that EQ limit...once you are in just put back EQ through manager if you have sets like DPS or heal, tank, w/e. I do this everytime on my bis Pala since I'm joining as tank to get insta pop, but I don't want to tank PoS or HoR...rather speeding through nexus or culling of strathtolme :P.

5. 1 Week Ago  
    The RDF itself is random. BUT if someone Manually queued for a specific dungeon and some roles
    still missing you get (if ilvl is same or higher than the requirement) you will be put into it, you can ofc
    lower your ilevel like @vyspiny already said