1. May 31, 2024  

Securing cities?

I wonder why the city guard is so ridiculously weak? :) They have 75 lvl on Lordaeron and they are not even Elites. I'm not sure I understand the logic behind this, but It is very annoying to leveling and every time I come to the capital there is a dead flight master, trainers, auctions, bankers etc. Dead bodies everywhere, but not really a battle anywhere.

Attacking the other faction's city is perfectly fine, but it's meant to be a challenge. It's ridiculous and sad at the same time that two rogues would take out almost an entire city. We're talking about capitals here, they're supposed to be heavily fortified and challenging to attack. If someone wants to attack major cities, it should be perfectly normal to assemble a group of at least 20 people to be able to do that, not three players getting bored and wiping out an entire city.

As for players as such, yes of course players are another defensive element of cities, but they're not online all the time and again, it's another element that the attacking group has to consider when to attack (how to attack, where to attack, just plan ahead).

My suggestion is not to make the capitals OP and indestructible, but to increase the balance. The way it's set up now, it's more annoying and frustrating than fun, and I think games are supposed to be all about fun not frustration. I think it would be much more interesting and fun to have one big epic battle that the other side is seriously planning, rather than giving space to individual toxic players who just want to ruin the other's game.

2. May 31, 2024  
    Attacking the other faction's city is perfectly fine, but it's meant to be a challenge. It's ridiculous and sad at the same time that two rogues would take out almost an entire city.
    Nice one lmao.
    It's truly ridiculous that two rogues take over an entire city.
    Do your part and defend it instead of asking to buff city guards so you can afk.

3. June 1, 2024  

4. June 1, 2024  
    I think it would be much more interesting and fun to have one big epic battle that the other side is seriously planning, rather than giving space to individual toxic players who just want to ruin the other's game.
    What would this big epic battle be? Attackers vs guards, or attackers vs defending players? I wouldn't call attacking guards epic, big, or battle really. This leaves the other half of the epic big battle to people who didn't sign up for it. People who are doing other things, logging out soon, going to raid, in a queue, crafting epics, making money in AH, or just simply AFK.

Those who are "living" in the cities don't have to cater to the attackers in any way. They can if they want to, but they don't have to. AH/bank NPC's are dead? Go to another city lol.

5. June 1, 2024  
    My suggestion is not to make the capitals OP and indestructible, but to increase the balance. The way it's set up now, it's more annoying and frustrating than fun, and I think games are supposed to be all about fun not frustration. I think it would be much more interesting and fun to have one big epic battle that the other side is seriously planning, rather than giving space to individual toxic players who just want to ruin the other's game.
    The only thing frustrating is to see you type here on the forum instead of taking things into your own hands. Go, assemble a defense raid, kill them yourself, why do you need autoattacking videogame bots to defend you? The fun part comes from successfully defending the city, not to be able to afk in peace.

6. June 1, 2024  
    Thanks for the replies. Let me be more specific.

first of all. I'm not talking about making guards OP so players can just sit on their asses and do nothing. I'm talking about them being too weak. And again, we're talking about capitals not outposts, which obviously won't be as fortified as a capital city. It's not even about NPCs being "immortal". It's fine if the entire city is slaughtered as long as it makes sense. Just re-read what I'm saying and read it properly.

Secondly, I'm just opening a discussion on this topic. Maybe someone will add another creative opinion on how capital conquest can be improved, It doesn't have to be all about strengthening the guards. Or If most people find that this topic isn't important and that it's fine the way it is, then I'm ok with that.

I didn't come here to whine and scream for change right now. I just didn't find it interesting or entertaining when the guards are unable to stop 2 players in the capital city, especially from a low level perspective. The fact that there are losers who kill low levels, that's been in WoW since the beginning, it is what it is. But the main cities have always been a place of safety in a way. And when capitals were attacked, it was a big deal, but it wasn't impossible of course. And again, it's just a discussion.

You say I'm crying and I want to make it easier. Easier how? My suggestion is that attacking the capitals should be a challenge, not a "cakewalk", nor necessarily easy for the defenders. So far it looks like some of the people who have commented here are just the kind of low individuals who want to have an easy kill and annoy people. Anyone who isn't a toxic certainly doesn't have to agree with my suggestion, certainly won't be offended either, because they have no reason to be :)

7. June 1, 2024  
    What about buffing faction leaders? Currently they are just guards with 100x more hp, nothing else.
    If Warmane adds actual mechanics to them and PvP loot it would make Horde vs Alliance PvP more active, no?

8. June 1, 2024  
    How stronger should the guards be to be able to stop 2 players? Most of the time you only find guards one by one, so we're talking about making them stronger than mobs in level 80 heroic dungeons, I suppose?

That was the case here around 10 years ago, guards were extremely overpowered (they hit for like 15k iirc). It really sucked.

I think the problem that you have is that players dgaf that someone is killing the bankers. Maybe you should try to convince them to start caring.

What about buffing faction leaders? Currently they are just guards with 100x more hp, nothing else.
    If Warmane adds actual mechanics to them and PvP loot it would make Horde vs Alliance PvP more active, no?
    Faction leaders should be scripted. Not that their scripts are much useful, but they should be there.

9. June 2, 2024  
    Yeah, add Lich King in Orgrimmar so we can be safe.

10. June 3, 2024  
    I've always thought killing the capitals leaders should be much more hashed out. They need better mechanics, and killing them should offer much more reward/punishment. Make every NPC in the city despawn for 10 minutes or something similar after a boss kill.

11. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Totaly agree with you, damage, stealth detection and HP of body guards inside the cities should be increased so you can feel safe as should be.

12. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Agree with you, there are literally 2 people that do ABSOLUTELY nothing else in life, pvpers can't be on 24/7 on game to kill them all the time, we kind of have jobs etc. Making Flight Master a bit more buffed would be a better solution.

13. 3 Weeks Ago  
    There is nothing that makes me scoff more than people complaining about players that spend more time playing than them.