1. 1 Week Ago  

new WoW player

Hey, I just joined this server yesterday. I have never player WoW before, I decided to give it a try and looked for a private server which landed me here.
    I joined Icecrown mainly because it seemed to have the largest playerbase. I'm just looking to play casually and explore the game and maybe make some friends along the way to playing with.

If you got any tips for new WoW players or want to add me as a friend and play together I'll be glad :)

Also if you can give me a general overview of the current state of this private server, how active it is, how's the community and anything else that comes to your mind

2. 1 Week Ago  
    I would suggest joining Onyxia server.. it is a progressive server covering Vanilla, TBC & Wotlk. I am starting there tonight or tomorrow, do t have much time cause of work ? you can better experience the overall journey.. in the end, when it reaches wotlk and ends progression, characters will get transferred to Icecrown anyway, so nothing to lose.. just a suggestion…but if you are already leveling and dont want to start again, that is fine. You will find plenty of people to play with and bgs are crossrealm so you can always find groups.

But know that at later levels, you will face much better geared players, who probably bought most of their gear, cause Icecrown sells gear. Lordaeron has no shop, and even if it has smaller pop, i think it is a better server than Icecrown if you want true x1 “blizzlike” leveling.

As for the community, i never had any problems here. I think you will be fine. I think that whatever you choose, you will have a much healthier experience than on Blizzard’s Classic servers. Believe me.

3. 1 Week Ago  
    New player with a Whirlwind nickname, that's suspicious :-D

What faction did u choose? And ur nick? I can help u sometimes when I'm online :-)

4. 1 Week Ago  
    Thank you for the help guys, I'll stick with Icecrown for now. My character name is Mythrerus, I chose a warrior night elf
    Is there a good beginners guide that is relevant to this server/Icecrown realm?

5. 1 Week Ago  
    Beginner Guide to Icecrown.

-Lvl up to 30, complain on forums about world pvp.
    -Lvl to 40 do same.
    -Lvl 60 and add to old post same thing.
    -Hit 68 and complain how slow lvling and dungeon is.
    -Hit 80 and wonder why none take you in raids.
    -Donate to skip que and maby get 1 item, then complain why you are pvping against maxbis.

That about sums the guide?

6. 1 Week Ago  
    Rofl.

You don't play anymore? :-) I added u but u are always offline without any lvl gains :-D .

7. 1 Week Ago  
    Rofl.

You don't play anymore? :-) I added u but u are always offline without any lvl gains :-D .
    Yes I quit after getting discouraged by this
    Beginner Guide to Icecrown.

-Lvl up to 30, complain on forums about world pvp.
    -Lvl to 40 do same.
    -Lvl 60 and add to old post same thing.
    -Hit 68 and complain how slow lvling and dungeon is.
    -Hit 80 and wonder why none take you in raids.
    -Donate to skip que and maby get 1 item, then complain why you are pvping against maxbis.

That about sums the guide?
    I changed to a blood elf mage, (character name is Hathal) so I don't play the warrior anymore, Im lvl 23 at the moment not rushing things too much ;D

8. 1 Week Ago  
    Ah, can't help u on the horde side, good luck! :-)

9. 2 Days Ago  
    Hey, I just joined this server yesterday. I have never player WoW before, I decided to give it a try and looked for a private server which landed me here.
    I joined Icecrown mainly because it seemed to have the largest playerbase. I'm just looking to play casually and explore the game and maybe make some friends along the way to playing with.

If you got any tips for new WoW players or want to add me as a friend and play together I'll be glad :)

Also if you can give me a general overview of the current state of this private server, how active it is, how's the community and anything else that comes to your mind
    You need tips? Try to stay calm and relaxed, you will be ganked so hard from twinks and BiS lvl 80 people and nothing you can do about it.

Wanna play PvP? Lord have mercy on your soul.
    Wanna play PvE? Learn tactics or kick from raid.