1. Nameplate buffs

I'm having trouble setting up working nameplate buffs in 3.3.5.

PlateBuffs completely destroys my framerate to the point of unplayability. Sizing option was nice, but it was also a huge pain to manually add and disable all the stuff I didn't want (I only want to see CCs and really important buffs (e.g. Aura Mastery)) I also think that it still checks for the disabled buffs before determining that they shouldn't be displayed, which I think is part of the CPU strain. Any way to make it run better, some LUA tweak even an noncoder like me could manage? Or does someone have a better version? As a side note, I tried the 5.4.8 version earlier and it ran fine, possibly indicating that the 3.3.5 backport is having some code-based performance issues that could be fixed by a knowledgeable person? (Or just that the 5.4.8 client is more efficient?)

As an alternative, I installed a backported ElvUI solely for its nameplates/nameplate buffs. Debuffs work fine, but buffs do not, and it's not working for party members either.

It doesn't completely destroy my framerate but I think it's also running heavier than perhaps it should.

Is there anything else out there?

Icicle is still around from TBC but it's pretty primitive. No config options to be more selective about what is shown, no way to specify sizes, no way to cleanly distinguish buffs vs CDs...
    Edited: November 30, 2021

2. What versions of these addons are you using? There have been some people who have backported a lot of this stuff and they tend to run pretty well for me.

https://github.com/bkader/PlateBuffs_WoTLK

PlateBuffs from kader here.

I know Elvui nameplates have been buggy for me in PvP so I stopped using them all together. Been using CleanPlates TidyPlates for everything and haven't had any issues with it.

PM me on Discord at Carb#5858 and I can send the version of Icicle and TidyPlates I use.