1. [Guide] Elemental Shaman PVP

I. Introduction
    Hello, my nick is Noiselessx and I have glad titles with thunder cleave and multiple 2.5+ with LSP and other comps such as disc/ele/hunter, dk/ele/hpal and so on. I`ve decided to do this guide, because I had alot of requests on my stream about it and since I had nothing to do - there it is :D. I wont go into the shaman abilities and stuff like that, because I truely belive that everyone who plays on AT knows what spells does the class have and what they do.
    * This guide is the same I had on AT`s forum, but since it got wiped, I`ve decided to post it here.

II. The class
    The elemental spec in 3.3.5 is one of the strongest specs overall(especially in 3vs3). What sets it apart from the other caster is the great utility that shamans provide via great burst, interrupts and offheals. Once you learn how to play it properly you will be able to enjoy every moment of playing it :)

III. Comps with elemental in 3s
    Keep in mind - all these stats are subject to change dependping on what gear you are able to get

1.Wizz cleaves

-LSP(lock-shaman-paladin/priest) - This is the most popular and perhaps the sttrongest comp for an elemental shaman nowadays. It is really efficient and powerful. For this comp you need to run at around 1250 resil, 750+ haste (preferably) and around 3.5-3.6 spell power if you have the Totem of wrath glyph. Keep in mind that these stats are subject to change depending on the season you play on. Sometimes these stats are unobtainable and sometimes you can even get more. LSP is the comp that allows the shaman to do alot of dmg, because most of the times ur oponents have to play defensive and their target will be your lock. Your goal in the comp is to do as much damage as possible and to offheal when its needed (eg. Deathgrip the paladin/priest with garg on). LSP is a good beginners comp, because like I said its easy to play, highly efficient and has few counters (eg. LSD/MLX)
    Here is an example of LSP mirros feat Barrmana and Umrigadino vs Rollarz/Unfreezy/Whiskas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zZT...IxR3Ww&index=1

-LSD(lock-shaman-restodruid) - For me this is hands downone of the best comps in this patch. It has insane damage,utility and CC. The only downside is the lack of dispel (jk devour). The stats that you should have are pretty much the same as in LSP. Your goal should be to force the enemy trinkets as soon as possible, especially on the healer. If you manage to get a trinket without using any offensive couldowns its pretty much a win. I wouldnt recommend LSD as a beginner comp, because if you fail to place ur tremor correctly you may suffer alot vs all teams that have fear.

Here is one LSD game : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KKwJbPCBdU -Me,Taximan and Zeki vs Valvaris,Teddyjump and Mystic(rank3 lsd with, who had 100/1 stats before this game).

-PMS(frostmage/elementa/disc) - PMS is a really fun and effective comp to play, although its not as strong compared to LSP/D. The mage has a huge role in the comp, because he is the man CCer and of he fails you cant rly do much, because you are CC dependable. Most of the times if you get a good poly you can kill in 1 deep freeze. You need the same stats as in LSP/D. I would say that you could do fine as a beginner in this comp, but if you have to choose go for LSP. PMS is a really effective comp to snipe other spell cleaves such as LSPs,MLDs and so on.

-(boomkin-elemental-disc/hpal) - I dont even know if this has a popular name. The comp is pretty fun to play, you can do alot of random oneshots and you can heal like piggs too. I`ve never seen this comp higher than 2k and I never played it, so thats all I can say :D I think you need the same stats as the other spell cleaves and I would recommend it for beginners, because its fun. In some arenas like bledge`s edge or dalaran it can be insalely strong cuz of the insame amount of knocks that this comp has.

-Fireplay[not even sure if its called like that :D](firemage/elemental/disc) - A really fun comp to play but not that efficient on higher rating. This comp provides huge damage and utility but the mage has to be REALLY good if you want to win any good players. The stats are again the same as for the other spell cleaves. If you have to choose to play this or PMS - go for the PMS. Its alot stronger and you can get higher.

-(elemental/spriest/rdruid) - A decent comp that could be strong vs certain comps but isnt that strong overall. You can play on the same gear as any other spell cleave. I`ve seen some guys that had 2400 with it so I guess if you try-hard abit more it is possible to achieve something with it.

2. MCH(melee/caster/healer comps) - Every melee class can work well with an elemental if they both play good. I will just list the most common ones that usually get higher in the ladder.
    -TC(warrior/elemental/hpal) - For me this is the best MCH comp in the game. It has huge damage and survivability. In this comp you need around 1,350-1.4 resil, 600+ haste, 570+ mp5 and ~3300-3400 spell power. Your role in this comp is alot different compared to the spell cleaves. Your main goal should be Purging. When you purge your you help your warrior to do more damage and you also force the enemy healer to re-buff and waste globals. You have to know when exactly to DPS and when to purge, because most of the times you are more useful when you purge than when you cast. Dont get me wrong - you need to do damage aswell but you just have to time it properly. Offhealing is really important in every MCH comp you play and TC isnt an exception. If your taking alot of pressure from an enemy team (eg. spell cleaves,shadowcleave and such) you need to offheal as much as possible while still remaining offensive. When you find a good mates to play with you will eventually sync better with eachother and you will get better in the comp. You can do some insane oneshots in an Intercept and a good thunderstorm. A good thunderstorm could be game braking in TC, so use it wisely. You can use Strenght of Earth totem when you dont fight comps with fear, because this totem provides extra stats for your warrior which results in more damage. Windfury totem also isnt a bad idea but tbh I prefer to have the caster haste rather than the melee one. I would recommend TC for beginners, because its fairly easy to play (if you dont face that many good people on lower mmr) and efficient. However, if you want to play for titles and higher rating you will need some practice and synergy with your team mates.

Here are some TC games
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpLcIGJTPYw - Me,Hophel and Hypertouch vs Drainerx,Homerjay and Capsizer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H53j8DqSh7k - Me,Hophel (as warrior) and Taximan vs Mdma,Billy and Tyga

-dk-elemental-disc/hpal) - The 2nd best MCH comp for a shaman. Same as tc, it provides alot of damage but its kinda harder to play, mostly because you have no healing reduce and can get easily countered by many comps. However, if you manage to time ur cds correctly you can surely land a kill or at lest force alot of defensive cooldowns if you use gargoyle+ lust and EM. The best kill as dk/ele/x is when u grip the healer with garg and lust and the dk does corpse explosion. You should use EM aswell and its pretty much a 100% kill unless its a paladin and he bubbles. You need the same stats as tc (although u could get on a lil bit less resil - around 1350). I wouldnt say that its a beginner friendly, but you can try it I guess :D

- (subrogue/ele/disc) - The pefect healer killer (damn it even rhymes :D) 90% of the times u need to sap 1 of the DPSers and just zerg on the healer. In the begining while the rogue is opening on the target u need to purge and ur priest needs to dispel as fast as possible. When ur target is full dispeled (usually this happens before the sap has ended) you can pop lust and shadowdance and score a kill or at least force a major defensive cooldown (eg. Paladins bubble). The bad thing is this comp doesnt have that much survivability and it could easily die if you fail to score an early kill. However, vs certain comps you can turtle them a bit and wait for the 2nd shadowdance and score a kill. The shaman can run on ~1300 resil and 650-700 haste, because he wont be the target most of the times. I do not recommend this comp for beginners, simply because its not as easy to play as other MCHs

- (hunter/ele/disc-druid-hpal) - This comp works with all healers but I find that its best with a disc. It has really insane pressure vs every other MCH comp. It offers alot of utility, CC and burst. If i`m not mistaking Karll, Vurtex and Mirana god glad and played in the tourney with it so it shouldn`t be underestimated. However, most of the shamans out there prefere to play TC for a MCH comp (which makes sence ofc) and this comp is kinda left behind. You need the same stats as if you play with a rogue. I would recommend it for beginners, because it isnt rly that hard to play (you have to be careful when ur hunter lands a trap, because you could brake it with Chain lighting/thunderstorm/firenova)

Here is an example of the comp
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ey...ature=youtu.be - Me,Chimeraz,Hophel(as disc) vs Sectapunter,Khrystal,Missya

3.There are also some tripple dps comps such as destro/ele/fmage or sp/ele/rogue who can actually do quite well sometimes but all tripple dps comps (mb except BC + ret) fail eventualy when they get more than 2.1.

IV. Comps with elemental in 2s
    -ele/lock - the absolute classing in 2s for an elemental. Its a good comp for both beginners and exp`ed played and its really fun to play (at least I love it). It is also really efficient but it tends to struggle and eventually gets stuck @ around 2.3-2.4 max. Tbh I havent seen any lock/ele higher than that but I know drainer had 2.8 or something like that so I guess its possible. In this comp the shaman can play in 2 different ways - either super aggressive with alot of haste and sp or really defensive. If you choose the 1st way you need to go on around 1.2 resil with a haste trinket and gem haste and sp. You will surely do alot more dmg but tbh I dont really think that it will be that effective. The defensive way of playing in this comp is alot better , imo. You have to get around 1300-1350 resil, get more mp5 and you HAVE to use Earthliving weapon instead of Flametongue and also use the Lesser healing totem instead of Buzuris`totem (the one that u get haste when flameshock ticks on the target). With this gear you will be able to heal alot more. Keep in mind that you basically need to heal 70% of the times, so playing like this is a good idea. The lock has to be really good so he can peel for you when its needed, because you can get easily stomped by many 2x DPS teams if they just go for you the hole game. This is the most common beginners comp so I will recommend to play it if ur new to the elemental class

-ele/fmage - also pretty good comp. Gearwise its the same as ele/lock - you either play offensive or defensive. This comp is kinda harder than ele/lock, because poly and hex share DR. However, this could be really deadly, because you can control 2 targets at the same time. The mage needs to peel for you as much as possible and you need to heal both fo you.

-ele/disc - the best comp for an elemental in 2s, hands down. It could be extremely dangerous and effective if its played correctly. I dont want to jump into explaining what should you do vs all comps, but the general meta is manaburn, turtle, double dps from you and the priest and insane healing. You should play at round 1200-1250 resil and you need as much mp5 as possible, because the games are usually long. Versus most of the heal/dps comps you can go with Frostbound weapon, because it cant be dispelled and it helps your priest to get that extra burns that are really vital.

-ele/restodruid-hpal - pretty try-harding and non-rewarding comps in my opinion. They are pretty good vs double dps comps but its really hard to win a heal/dps comp, especially if the enemy team has heal reduce. I never played those comps for more than 2-3 games so I cant give any advice for them :D

-ele/boomkin - a really fun comp and effective but it gets impossible once you reach higher rating. The gear is again pretty much the same as the other caster comps in 2s with an elemental. However, you can play with flametongue here all the time because balance druids can offheal alot and you dont need to plat that defensive all the time.

-ele/rogue - the second best comp for an elemental in my opinion. It has a really stong opener (like every rogue comp) and if its played correctly you have a beast CC chain too. the tactics are pretty much the same as in 3s with ele/rogue/dp - sap one target purge the other and zerg. You can play again like the caster comps - either rly offensive or defensicve, you choose. Be sure not to overlap or DR your CC, because without a good CC chain you are pretty much doomed.

-ele/spriest - this is one of my favourite comps in 2s as an elemental. It has a really good damage, cc and offheals. A shadow priest with blood lust can hit you like a ****ing train so you have some really nice kill opportunites once u get a full cc on one target. I would suggest to play on around 1300 resil and with offensive gear, because the priest can offheal alot and you dont need to be that defensive all the time.

V. Gems

Meta: Effulgent Skyflare Diamond(32 Stamina+ 2% Spell dmg reduction) - This is a rly good meta socket if u know that u will face a wizzard cleave and that ur gonna be the target most of the times/ Chaotic Skyflare Diamond (21% Crit + 3% Increase crit dmg) - This is the usual meta socket that you should use most of the games/Insightful Earthsiege Diamond (+21 Intellect and chance to restore mana on spellcast) - this is also a rly good meta that u can use if ur forced to spam purge and heals more ofthen that its needed
    Red: The only red gems that I use are Mysterious Dreadstone (12 sp + 13 spell pen) and Durable Ametrine (12sp + 10 resil)
    Blue: The most common blue gems are Stormy Majestic Zircon (25 spell pen), Shattered Eye of Zul ( 10 haste + 13 spell penetration) and Tense Eye of Zul (10 hit + 13 spell pen) - this a good gem to cap ur hit rating.
    Yellow: You can use Mystic King`s Amber (20 resil), Quick King`s Amber ( 20 haste), Reckless Ametrine (12 sp + 10 haste), Durable Ametrine (12sp + 10 resil

All of the gems that I mentioned above can be changed with whatever suits u best, I just tried to point out the most common ones.

VI. Enchants

Head: 29 Spell power and 20 Resil
    Shoulders: 23 Spell power and 15 Resil
    Cloak: +35 Spell penetration
    Chest: 20 Resil
    Wrists: 30 Spell Power
    Hands: 28 Spell Power
    Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
    Leggs: 50 sp, 30 stamina or 40 resil , 28 stamina
    Feet: +15 stamina and minor speed increase
    Weapon: +63 Spell power
    Shield: 12 resil

VII. Talents and glyphs
    1. Talents
    After many tests and stuff with the talent tree I`ve made two different specs depending on what comp I play in 3s - a spell cleave or MCH. These are my MCH and Spellcleave talents:
    I like to have the shear and shock cd talent when I play mch, because most of the times if you get trained its pretty hard to cast so having less cd on your shocks (which also do dmg) and shear hepls your team more, where as in a spell cleave you are more or less free to cast most of the times so you need that extra damage and crit that you can get from the talents. Keep in mind that this is just for me, I`ve seen many good shamans who have a differen opinion on this so you shouldnt take mine. Try to test both and see what works best for you.
    2. Glyphs
    2.1.Major
    -Glyph of Lava - 10% more Lavaburst dmg. Its a must for every elemental shaman, because LB is your main dmg source.
    -Glyph of stoneclaw - gives you a shield which absorbs ruffly around 4k dmg. This is also a must for elementals, because its prettey much the only shield-like-thingy that they have
    -Glyph of Thunder or Glyph of Totem of Wrath? - I would say that both glyphs are really good and it just depends on what comp you play and your playstyle in general. I personally prefer the first, because it reducec the CD on my TS by 10 sec and most of the times you will see me playing MCH comps so I use ts quite often. If I wanted to play a wizz cleave However I would go with the 2nd, because it gives around 80 spell power bonus.

2.2.Minor Glyphs
    - Glyph of Water shield - it gives you 1 more charge on the shield
    - Glyph of ghost wolf - you regen 1% of your hp every 5 seconds when your in ghost wolf
    - Glyph of water breathing - it doenst require a reagent anymore.
    http://imgur.com/mBc4Txr

VIII. Stats
    Your stats priority depends on many things - wether you play 2s or 3s and also it depends on what comp you play. In general your priorty should be resil/haste/mp5,spellpower,crit. I will put the specific stats about each comp in the "Comps" section.
    Keep in mind all those stats are subject to change depending on which season you play on (for example this season you cant use HC ICC and RS gear,but last season you could)

IX. Gear
    Here I would like to discuss my gear and my thoughts about it. I use 2 WF resto pieces and 2 Elemental pieces + either PvE shoulders or the wintergrasp ones (which are the best imo). I`ve seen some people who use wratfull shoulders but I dont really like them because they dont give haste, where as both the pve and the wintergrasp ones do. With the WG shoulders you get haste and resil and with the PVE ones you get haste and hit, which isnt that bad but I still prefer to get the resil ones. When I play MCH comps in 3s I would always use the WG ones and same goes for any spell cleave. However you can also play with the Pve ones in a spellcleave, because you dont need as much resil as in MCH comps. Its just up to you to test around and see what works best for you.
    For my offset I use WF neck, WF back, pve wirst,pve belt,feet and double pve rings. You can check my exact gear in the armory by typing my nick. I prefer to use more pve items and socket resil, instead of using pvp items and socket haste/sp. I tested them both and I like using pve gear with resil gems more. There are good shaman who perfer to go the other way around but in the end it call comes down to personal preferences.
    Trinkets may vary again depending on what comp you play. The general trinkets are the pvp one ofc and solace. Sometimes you can use DFO (CTS if its available) for that extra haste and sp proc. I find solace to be the best, because it gives you base sp and that precious mp5, which you need alot.
    I`m using the WF weapon and WF shield most of times. However, sometimes I like to switch to a pve shield, because it gives haste.

X.Gameplay
    As an elemental your positioning on the map is EXTREMELY important. You have to be sure that you are not too far away from your healer and at the same time you have to be close enough to interrupt the enemy healer as much as possible. You should always keep in mind several things:
    1) Dont over-extend unless you are absolutely sure that its needed. Sure its really good if you play offensive but sometimes this is just impossible as an elemental and you have to hug the pillar and just stay back (especially in MCH comps)
    2) If you are being trained you have to play alot more defensive and most of the times you will find yourself stuck at the pillar. However, vs certain comps it would be better to stay in the middle, because your healer can just spam you. It all depends on what and vs what you play.
    3) Always make sure that you know your healers positon. You need to prevent the CCes that are towards him and help him with healing if its needed. The worst thing that could happen is if you your healer gets feared or hexed/sheeped and you are too far away from him to stop the CC or use tremor.
    4) Versus comps who have aoe fear, make sure that you are not standing too close to your team mates, because most likely it will result in a double ot tripple fear and this could be gamebraking. Versus all hunter comps be sure to be closer to your healer just incase you fail to ground the trap, you can easily eat it by ghost wolfing and running towards it.
    5) If you are new to the class or to the game in general you will most likely fail at grounding the important spells, but you have to learn it eventually. Dont waste ur grounding for non-important spells and dont use it everytime its off cd. You have to save it for when its really needed (eg. ground hex,traps, deathcoil, etc.)
    6) Make sure that you have tremor up all the time vs every comp that has fear. If you use earthbind than you have to switch tremor instantly after the roots. Keep in mind that you have to place ur tremor properly, because the enemy team can easily kill. Remember that tremor has a 3 sec cd (it ticks every 3 second). You can download an addon called "Totem timer" which is really helpful for shamans, because it shows the tick time of your totems and shields and so on.
    7) Use your elemental mastery wisely, because most of the times it could result in a kill. Sometimes its a good idea to use it and start spamming heals (especially in 2s) because it gives you that 15% spell haste. In 3s I mostly use it when I know that we can score a kill or when Im free-casting, again because of the spell haste that it provides (which means more lightning bolts).
    8) Versus any rogue team ALWAYS make sure to try to get in combat via Flameshock. The spell has a 45 yard range so you just have to rush the enemy and flameshock him so that you and your mates get in combat. After you get in combat you need to spam Tremor totem, because it keeps you in combat even if you are not attcking or being attacked by the enemy team. If you fail to get in combat with flameshock you need to place magma totem near the pillar and try to get the rogue out with Fire Nova. Cleansing totem is also a MUST versus every rogue or hunter comp (mostly). If your healer gets trained by a rogue team it could be a really good idea if you spam Cure toxins on him + cleansing totem and you will be able to dispel the poisons that the rogue applies to the target, so that your healer wont have MS on.
    9) Purging the enemy team is as important as doing damage (and in some comps like TC its even preferable). You need to purge your enemy team as much as u can, especially some big buffs like bloodlust, icyvains, etc.
    10) Use your hex wisely, because a good hex wihout a trinket could result in a kill. You can even use your hex as in interrupt if its really really needed ( for example if a druid is casting clone and U dont have shear, ground or thunderstorm you can hex him on his cast if your quick enough and run away, because he has to waste a global to get out of the hex). Make sure to have communication with your team mates so that u`d know when exactly to use hex.
    11) In general the shaman role in all 3s comps depend on what comp he plays. Some comp require better positioning,timing and such than others. I would suggest you to try different setups and see which one works best for you :)
    12) Most of the times you will find urself being tunneled by many comps, so you just have to learn how to deal with the pressure on you. I`ve seen many beginner shamans who just panic and literaly dont do anything when they are being tunneled. Eventually you will be able to cope with the problem.
    13) You can make several totem sets and change them depending on what you face. I personally dont do that and just use Call of the Elements where I have Totem of wrath, tremor, cleansing and wrath of air totem. However I do change them constantly depending on what we face.
    14) You MUST remember to keep Water shield on you ALL THE TIME. Every time when it gets dispelled or it expires you should just refresh it, because it gives insane amount of mana. I dont use lightning shield that often but its not a bad idea to use it in some situations too. It is really strong in a 1vs1 situations or duels.

XI. Useful Macros
    #showtooltip Frost Shock
    /cast [target=focus] Frost Shock - This macro is really good for kiting the enemy. For example a priest is commin to fear you, you can just frost shock him and ghost wolf away so that he cant do it.

#showtooltip Wind Shear

/cast [nomodifier,target=target] Wind Shear

/cast [modifier:shift,target=focus] Wind Shear
    - this is the shear macro that I use for target and focus. I also have arena1,2,3 shear and hex macros but I prefer to keep the target/focus ones too. I use shift as a modifier, you can change it to whaever you want.

/startattack

/cast Lightning Bolt

/startattack
    /cast Lava Burst All these 4 macros give u a bonus attack with your mainhand weapon when you are close to your enemy and cast a spell. When u have flametongue on and you attack if it crits its about 700 to 1k bonus damage so its a pretty good idea to use it (credits to drainer, I got these 4 macros from him)

/startattack
    /cast Chain Lightning

/startattack
    /cast Purge

#showtooltip Grounding Totem

/stopcasting

/cast Grounding Totem - A good macro for when you are casting spells and see that the enemy casts an important spell that you need to ground. It stops your current cast and places Grounding. You can do this macro on every other totem aswell, like Stoneclaw,tremor, etc.

The other macros that are arena 1,2,3 on Windshear and Hex, Cure toxins on me part1 and party2, target and focus purge and others which arent that special.

XII. The addons that I use
    1. Xperl Unitframes - my UI addon
    2. TotemTimers - a really useful addon for shaman players. It gives a better view to your totems and it shows the tick time of Tremor and Cleansing for example. Also you can adjust it so that you will be able to track ur Water shield for example all the time when its off.
    3. Doom_cooldown_pulse - your most important spells will appear in the middle of the screan like a pulse when they are off cooldown.
    4. Gladius - probably the most common addon, a must in arenas.
    5. Purgeatory - a useful addon that shows what exactly do u purge/dispel on your targets
    6. Quartz - a cool-looking castbar which replaces Blizzards castbar
    7. SnowfallKeypress - it casts the spell on keypress rather than key release, which makes it more efficient. Also you can add some cool-looking sparkles when you click on a spell.
    8. Party Ability Bar - a useful addon that shows the major cooldowns that ur patners have. This addon is really good if you play without communication, but even if you it can still work pretty good.
    10. LoseControl - When you get a CC on you it shows it in the middle of the screan

I use some other addons from time to time such as buffsizer or Squidframes and such but I tend to like these that I wrote above the most.

XIII.Duels
    The elemental shaman could be nearly unbeatable in duels if you play correctly. I`m not the best in duels but I will try to sum up my dueling experience. It is by no means the way that you have to play, it is just my personal exp in duels.

1.vs frost/fire/arcane mage - Most of the times this duel should be in your favour. You have to be really careful not to get CS-ed on nature, because you can die on 1 deep after that. Try to ground the deep/cs and purge his shields and stuff and you should win fairly easy. Shear his poly and Frostbolts if you think that you are gonna recieve big damage . Hex everytime when you can. In arena its really hard to loose vs a mage. However, a good mage can give you pretty hard time and the fight may be really long. Vs arcane mages you HAVE to save your shear for the arcane missles, because he can pretty much two-shot you. I havent dueled more than like 5 fire mages in my life so I cant rly say anything special but I guess the general tactic is the same as if you fight frost and arcane. You have to keep in mind that you have a rly high chance (smth like 30% if i`m not mistaking) of reflecting alot of spells, especially Lava burst so you will need some RNG aswell :D
    2.vs Destro/aff lock - For me locks are the 2nd hardest class to beat in a duel. I would suggest you to play at max range and just run from his casts and try to land as much casts as you can. If you have a pillar its easier but if you dont you are really gonna have a hard time. Vs aff locks you shouldnt let him full dot you, because if he does u are pretty much dead. Save your trinket for when its really needed. Vs destro its pretty much the same. You should try to shear/ground Chaos Bolt at all costs. If you play ultra gay you can use your Fire elemental and try to land some casts and just kite. Always try to fake his Spell Lock. If you get a full hex on the lock and he doesnt have spell lock you can free-cast on his pet and just three-shot it.
    3.vs Shadow priests - in my opinion its about 60-40 for the priest. You have to avoid VT at all costs. Shear him on vt and try to ground the silence or the Psychic Horror. Keep cleansing totem up and purge his buffs. Heal yourself alot and try to burst him down. When he uses shadowfiend try to root and frostshock it and just run with ghost wolf, so that you`ll avoid his mana regen. Hex everytime you can and try to full purge if he still have buffs on. After that root him and get a good position for dpsing. Keep in mind that if he dispels ur flameshock u have 30% haste so you can get some fast lightning bolts.
    4.vs UNH DKs - the hardest class to beat in duels. DKs are extremely powerful in 1v1 situations and if they play properly they are pretty much undefeatable. You have to be really careful and try to keep max range from him. When he pops gargoyle you must shear it and kite it at all cost! If you let the gargoyle and the dk attack you, you cant survive. Try to fake his AMS and Mindfreeze, and when they are on CD down try to burst him down. However he still has AMZ so its really gonna be pretty hard. If you manage to survie all his offensive and defensive CDs you can kill him easily. Try to hex him on gargoyle but be careful, because he can use Lichborn and than ur ****ed again :D
    5.vs ARMS Warriors - A hard duel if the warrior is exceptional. He will most likely play extremely aggressive and if he does you just have to be rly careful not to get pummeled,shieldbash. After you start casting on him (faking reflect ofc) try not to use Earthbind, because he gets Second wind and regenerates alot of hp. If u manage to survive the 1st bladestorm you should be able to win the duel fairly easy. Try to stay in the "deadzone" of the warrior so that he wont be able to charge. Spam frostshock on him 24/7 and just try to land every lavaburst.
    6.vs Sub/Mult Rogues - In general I find it pretty easy to win rogues but if he is really good than it could really be a pain in the ***. Rogues are IMO the best or the 2nd best dueling class in the game. You should use lightning shield 24/7 and magma totem from the start. If he is sub save your ts for when he doesnt have step. If he is multi you can TS him on kidney and ghost wolf away. Try to fake Kick at all cost and remember that he can prep kick you again so be extra careful. If you manage to survive COS (cloack of shadows) and fake the kick after that he is dead, you can simply two-shot him.
    7.vs Ret/Prot Paladins - The easiet class to win a duel is a ret paladin. They cant rly do much if they dont kite you forever (which doesnt happen in duels that often). Try to ground his rep/hoj. Purge his sacred shield,freedom and wings as much as you can. Hex him on cooldown and after he trinkets and you get a full hex he is dead. Save your thunderstorm either for a kill or for when you fail to ground his Hoj, because if you are on ~50% hp and he has wings on + hoj on you and you have no trinket you will die. In arenas however it is an entirely different story. Most of the times if you face a really good ret 1vs1 in an arena it could end as a draw, because its really hard to kill him if he just kites you and wait for his CDs. You must purge every Plea so and try to use stoneclaw on his judgements. Prot paladins could be a little bit harded, because of the silence but they play on ~300-500 resil so if you manage to get 2 casts hes dead. However, you have to careful, because you can get bursted really fast, especially if he has wings on so keep your hp at aroun 80+% all the time.
    8.vs MM/Survival/BMHunters - Hunters could be really hard to win in the open but are easily winnable in arenas. If you do a duel without a pillar you have to be as close as possible to him. ALWAYS run towards him and keep frostshock and roots on him as much as you can. You have to keep cleansing all the time, because it removes his stings. Use EM earlier in the duel to do max pressure from the beginning. Use Thunderstorm wisely, because you can just do him a favour by giving him distance against you and if he uses disengage at the same time he will get in africa and you cant do **** anymore, you ara dead meat. Its a really good idea to use Chain lighting when you pop EM, because LB could be easily Melded. Vs a survival hunter its pretty much the same, keep that close range and try to land as much casts as possible. Vs BM hunters you have to survive the Bestial Wrath at all costs. Keep in mind that he is immune to slows and CCs during that time so just try to run or spamheal urself as much as you can. After tthat just play like always - run towards him and make him suffer
    9.vs Elemental/Ench Shaman - vs ele its pretty much a mindgame most of the times. You need to ground his Lavabursts and hexes and at the same time land yours. Try to use your shear on his nature spells and burst him down before he does :D. Vs ench shamans you have to survive the wolves. If you survive the wolves he is dead, just fake ground and shear and you can two-shot.

XIV. Final words
    I would like to say that this guide is made 100% by me, I tried to add everything I could think of. If you disagree with something or you think that something which I said is wrong , feel free to leave it in the comments below. I will edit my guide as soon as I think of something that is needed to be said. If you are having troubles ingame feel free to send me a twitch message and if I could I will answer your questions. If you dont succeed as an elemental in the begining - dont give up! You will eventually get better.
    I might try to make an ele guide for WoD, but im only 2400 there so far so I`ll wait untill s17 to make it.
    http://www.twitch.tv/noiseless123 - Feel free to follow my stream if you want to hangout sometimes or if you want to ask anything. I`m trying to stream as often as I can so you will be able to catch me online :D

2. We've reached rival on AT together, so i know exactly how good is he, he is probably the best ele shammy atm there in my opinion.

3. hi, what set is best for BG?
    I honestly never play bgs but when I used to do it before, I`d always run full pve main and offset and just faceroll ppl :D

4. Ok

Seems legit, as a long time ele player I approve of this guide.

Just one thing though how much spell pen do you generally use? Im at 125 atm, but is that a bit much?

5. Seems legit, as a long time ele player I approve of this guide.

Just one thing though how much spell pen do you generally use? Im at 125 atm, but is that a bit much?
    I run with 126 :P

Saewelo
    So, I'm a beginner with not only the spec but the class, but I'm a fast-learner, and this guide helped a lot. Wanted to ask you, what pve off-parts are you using? Especially the belt/wrist/boots. Should I get one with (haste+)mp5 and one with (haste+)crit for each of them? So I could change them depending on what I am facing, or just stick with either mp5/crit?

Ty for the guide.

7. Great guide!
    Have u ever tried frost dk/ele/hpala?
    Im searching for a viable 3s comp as frost dk but i guess uh dk is better in everything :(

8. So, I'm a beginner with not only the spec but the class, but I'm a fast-learner, and this guide helped a lot. Wanted to ask you, what pve off-parts are you using? Especially the belt/wrist/boots. Should I get one with (haste+)mp5 and one with (haste+)crit for each of them? So I could change them depending on what I am facing, or just stick with either mp5/crit?

Ty for the guide.
    It all depends on what comp you play in 2s/3s. For example if I play LSP, most of the times I play with pve bel/,wrist/boots with haste,sp and mp5. Im not really a huge fan of crit so most of the times I have around 20-22% crit chance. And yes like you said, you should change your gear depending on what you face and vs what you play.

9. Great guide!
    Have u ever tried frost dk/ele/hpala?
    Im searching for a viable 3s comp as frost dk but i guess uh dk is better in everything :(
    Ty ! :)
    Yes, I`ve played uhdk/ele/hpal-priest (the healer switched sometimes to his priest or pala) and we did 2400 so it is a good setup. However, you will probably have a hard time finding someone who is willing to play this seriously, simply because 90% of the shamans will just want to play lsp/thunder, becasuse it is superior :D

10. Ty ! :)
    Yes, I`ve played uhdk/ele/hpal-priest (the healer switched sometimes to his priest or pala) and we did 2400 so it is a good setup. However, you will probably have a hard time finding someone who is willing to play this seriously, simply because 90% of the shamans will just want to play lsp/thunder, becasuse it is superior :D
    Well i meant frost instead of uh dk.

11. Well i meant frost instead of uh dk.
    No, I havent played with a frost dk in 3s beside in solo q. For a frost dk I would suggest u to run prot/frost tsg - prot warrior,frost dk and hpal . Sebii, Zedar and Mdma got r1 in AT with that comp and it was faceroll as ****

12. Good to hear that. Didnt know that frost dk is that good in 3s. I have never seen one in this bracket.

Saewelo
    It all depends on what comp you play in 2s/3s. For example if I play LSP, most of the times I play with pve bel/,wrist/boots with haste,sp and mp5. Im not really a huge fan of crit so most of the times I have around 20-22% crit chance. And yes like you said, you should change your gear depending on what you face and vs what you play.
    Thanks man.

14. Awesome guide, man. Thank u very much for sharing this, its one of the best guide i read.
    What do u think about boom/ele/sp comp, is it good, not for highest ranks but around 2k rating?
    And also, cause i mainly play with hpala but never played 3s for serious, do u know some good guide for it like this one is? :)

12 Last