1. Playing MM Hunter in ICC 25hc. Tips, tricks, and tactics.

Note that this guide is intended for players who already possess a reasonable degree of familiarity with the hunter class, and are curious as to how they could be applying themselves better. This write-up assumes you at least have basic proficiency with most hunter mechanics.

1) Icecrown Citadel

Lower Spire

Lord Marrowgar

Spoiler: Show
    Pretty straightforward fight for the most part. Not a lot here will significantly affect your performance, aside from bone spikes.

Tips:
    - It takes about the duration of a gcd to move out of flames. So if you have flames coming up really soon, it's worth delaying aimed shot by 2-3 seconds to use it while moving out of the flames. Failing that, simply arcane shot. The flames ****ing hurt on heroic, so moving out of them should be a priority. If you're one of those recount heroes and insist on getting off that last steady shot before moving, at least make sure you have lock healthstones keybound. They heal a tonne in ICC.
    - If you see the boss about to cast bone spike and you have aimed shot coming up soon, do a multi shot instead. It's free extra dps when your multi shots land on those bone spikes, and you look like less of a scumbag when recount shows that not 100% of your damage is on the boss. People tend to underestimate Multi-Shot a lot, but in fights where you consistently get to spam it in place of Aimed Shot, it ends up contributing even more DPS than Chimera Shot. On Faction Champs, for instance, this is my 2nd highest source of damage by a good margin.
    - Positioning yourself a fair distance away from the walls gives you more room to maneuver in those times where it looks like the flames are everywhere.
    - At some point during bonestorm the boss might come charging right into your face, rendering you unable to dps. This is when you disengage away like a boss and resume your DPS with minimal downtime.
    - Where to position yourself comes down to subjective preference. You can stand just at the edge of the your deadzone where if you get spiked, you can be assured that a lot of incidental aoe from the melee is gonna quickly free you (which also means you raid gets to stay on the boss longer), or you can stand some distance out, where it'd be more inconvenient to get you if you're spiked, but you don't have to move for the flames nearly as much. In my experience, the latter works a lot better for personal dps most of the time, with a little luck.

Lady Deathwhisper

A bit more interesting than the boss before her. Not that she should give you much trouble.

Tips:
    - There is a sweet spot in P1 where you're in range of the boss, and are able to almost immediately attack the adds when they spawn. Instead of standing in the middle of the platform below the stairs, stand a little to one of the sides. Use Hunter's Mark to check that the pillars aren't LOS-ing you from the boss. Usually I open with my regular burst on the boss, but instead of the Chimera Shot > Aimed Shot > Chimera Shot > Aimed Shot combo with readiness, I replace that last aimed shot with a multi shot on the adds, because they spawn by that time. Feign death when you get add aggro and resume dps on the boss.
    - When death and decay spawns and you're close to the edge, strafe out of it. When you're in the middle of it, use disengage.
    - Your tanks will love MD in p2. When adds are close to the boss is the perfect time to pad dps with your cleave (multi-shot). Just make sure no mind-controlled players are also in range of it.

Gunship Battle

Probably not even worth the effort to write the tactics for this, but my OCD won't let me leave any bosses out >.<

Tips:
    - Biggest tip would probably be to switch your tracking to 'Track Humanoids' for this. Virtually every mob in this fight is humanoid rather than undead. Just remember to switch back to 'Track Undead' later on for DBS.

There, I think I've satisfied the OCD now.

Deathbringer Saurfang

The e-peen fight. On Molten he's basically a glorified Patchwerk, with the only difference being that there are adds that spawn here for the express purpose of being Divine Storm'd by rets and sending their DPS way into the stratosphere.

Tips:
    - If possible, have the lowest geared hunter in charge of putting the Hunter's Mark up at the beginning of the fight so that you save a gcd. This is an epeen fight, so remember that every little thing counts.
    - Multi-Shot has the two-fold benefit of not only giving you some free DPS, but making the ret pallies do less DPS with Divine Storm because the adds aren't alive as long. This is clearly a plus. If you land a killing blow on any of the blood beasts, your next Chimera Shot does 20% more damage too. Which is always great.
    - Be rich and bribe your rogue/blood dk for Hysteria and Tricks of the Trade.

The Plagueworks

Rotface

Positioning is key here. There should be plenty of space to be spread out at least 10 yards from everyone else. This fight (as well as the other plaguework ones) are going to be a good test of your raid awareness and movement management.

Tips:
    - There are 4 pairs of pipe like structures emerging from the walls of the room that pour out the green crap that takes up a huge space. Use the positions of those pipes to gauge where the green crap will be, and then position yourself so that if it lands where you're standing, you only have to move a little to get out of it.
    - Vile gas will completely screw over the dps of whoever it lands on. Make sure you're properly spread out.
    - If slime spray is proving troublesome for your raid, remember that you can move out of it (it's cast in a cone) to help your healers out. Don't forget to spread again afterwards.
    - Aspect of the Wild could help with damage mitigation on this fight if you're the only source for nature resistance.

Festergut

All it takes is for one vile gas or malleable goo to hit you and you're unable to compete with the melee specs here, so be on your toes.

There's also some confusion as to whether Deterrence blocks Pungent Blight. I google'd the matter and there's a lot of people reporting that it doesn't, and a lot reporting that it does, so this still needs testing.

Tips:
    - Assuming you don't have a central stacking position, you want to be stacked out where you're close enough to come in and stack for the spores with minimal movement.
    - When stacking for the spores, it's possible to be out far enough where you're still able to dps the boss. Don't be one of those hunters that ends up being so close to the boss while stacking that he doesn't DPS while getting innoculated.
    - The spores last 10 seconds. It's more than okay to delay stacking for until you're able to use the 2 gcds from your Chimera Shot > Aimed Shot to move. Just be careful not to miss the spore and you're golden.
    - You get some visual warning when Malleable Goo is about to go out. Turn your camera so Professor Putricide is in your view so this becomes easy for you. Scoot your butt out of there if you see the green puddle appear where you are. The gas in the fight can make it hard to see, so you really need to be alert.

Professor Putricide

This was always my least favorite fight back on retail, so I'm the last person who's gonna complain about the fact that it's not working quite as intended here on Molten. The strategy employed by my guild for this heavily favors hunters, as it involves the hunters stacking away from the rest of the raid.

Tips:
    - Feign Death the damn oozes.
    - Be alert for Malleable Goo. You get both a visual and DBM warning for this, so don't screw this up. You should have plenty of time to dodge it if you're far enough from the raid.
    - If you're stacking with the raid, you usually want to be the first person to move when he casts Choking gas bombs. Waiting for the others to move first usually results in the boss being brought into your dead-zone range. Disengage is a good move for this purpose.
    - The tanks are going to be moving the boss around in P3, so be mindful that he's never moved close enough to you such that you're too close to attack the boss.

The Crimson Hall

Blood Prince Council

Overall, a great fight for hunters. A lot of love for ranged DPS in general here.

Tips:
    - You want to start with Hunter's Marks up on all 3 of the bosses, ideally.
    - Arcane Shot is amazing for getting rid of kinetic bombs. There's a macro I love for picking off kinetic bombs that doesn't de-select your current target, nor requires you to have to click on the bombs. You only need to be in range (and facing) them:

/tar Kinetic Bomb
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /targetlasttarget

- At the beginning of the fight, you want to be at maximum range from Valanar, while not too closely stacked with the other ranged. This allows you to avoid the knockback. The boss moves when the tank gets knocked back, so make sure to stand at max range properly again after the tank has repositioned him. Hawk Eye is great for this fight because it makes avoiding the knockback a lot easier, but not strictly necessary.
    - Disengage is amazing for getting in range of a boss, or recovering after being knocked back or accidentally walking into one of those vortexes on the floor, all while accumulating minimal stacks of the debuff.
    - This is a fight you're going to be switching targets on, so don't forget to make sure your pet is always attacking the correct target too. I have /petattack bound to Serpent Sting so that handles it.
    - Keep an eye out for the Target Switch timer, and then do your target switch asap.
    - Raid awareness is key here. Keep your eyes peeled for the vortexes on the floor, as well as any kinetic bombs. Mind your positioning relative to others. If you see a target switch coming up, you want to plan a path in advance that puts you closer to other bosses so you swap as fast as possible. Don't blindly head towards the direction the other boss is and then find yourself knocked way back by a vortex. If you're smart with your positioning, you shouldn't find yourself having to move a lot to put you in range of the other bosses (for instance, say the orb is Keleseth. I gradually inch towards Taldaram and Valanaar as much as possible so when the target switch happens, I'm on the new target immediately).

Blood Queen Lanathel

MM hunters are currently one of the best scaling specs in the game with the bite buff, so expect to be bitten at some point =D. The standard stuff about minimizing movement all heavily applies here.

Tips:
    - Even if you're not getting the bite, you don't have to not dps at the beginning until the designated person gets it. Misdirect to the tank, and then 2-3 seconds before the bite goes out, Feign Death.
    - Stay close to a wall in case you're targeted for the flame debuff. After spreading it along the length of the wall, you should be able to get back in range of the boss immediately with a disengage.
    - Use disengage liberally to maneuver your way around the room, whether it's to stack for links, spread away from someone during flight phase, get to a wall quickly so you can start spreading flames, etc.
    - You don't have a fear drop as a hunter, so positioning yourself somewhat close to a cluster of people just before the fear goes out makes it likely that the priests' mass dispel is going to reach you.
    - Deterrence is an excellent defensive CD for flight phase. Even when it seems like you're good on health with a healthstone still available, it's possible that a baddie might come stack on you and thereby screw you over. This is when deterrence comes in handy.
    - If you're getting the bite, remember not to pop your CD's until you actually have the buff. When this happens, refresh serpent sting, and go ham.
    - Chimera Shot, for whatever reason, scales insanely well with the buff from the bite. You are going to see upwards of 150-160k damage in total (at bis gear) from each Chimera Shot, factoring in its bleed damage, as well as both its damage components. This absolutely takes priority over everything else. If you see Chimera Shot is coming off CD in 0.5 seconds, it's probably not advisable to fill the time with a steady shot and delay that Chimera Shot by 1 second.

The Frostwing Halls

Valrithia Dreamwalker

This is another excellent fight for hunters. On top of your DPS, you also provide some amazing utility here in the form Misdirects and traps. A notable feature of this fight is that this is one of the 2 encounters in ICC where you're going to have to use Aspect of the Viper some of the time, the other being the Lich King.

What I enjoy about this fight is that it's a great holistic assessment of your proficiency with the hunter class. It tests everything from raid awareness, your use of the utility available to you as a hunter (Misdirection/traps/CC/etc) to your DPS.

Tips:
    - Abuse Multi Shot. Whenever two adds are in close proximity, and neither looks like it's going to die soon, you hit your Multi Shot.
    - Suppressors are top priority generally. Remember that they spawn at 50-60 second intervals, because you never wanna lose time dpsing them because you were killing other stuff instead. Putting down a frost trap/explosive trap where they're going to spawn works wonders.
    - Rot Worms are an excellent choice of target for Misdirection. Everything else dies quick enough, and you already have feign death as a back-up. MD on the rot worms makes the tank's life a lot easier, and prevents the death of players who might've gotten a bit too overzealous with their AoE.
    - Be in Aspect of the Viper whenever there's downtime. You regenerate 4% mana every 3 seconds in this state, so you might as well take advantage of that when you can. Volley on rotworms is a great way to get your mana back. You can also spam steady shots/autoshots on other adds for mana. You generally don't want to attack the suppressors in aspect of the viper, however. Unless maybe it looks like they'll be dying well before they get close to the boss.
    - Disengage is great here for making your way around the map. Use it to get out of the circles on the ground that blast you up if you're snared by frostbolt and can't move out in time.
    - Master's Call is great for the frostbolt debuff. This is a spell overlooked by too many PVE Hunters.
    - Hawk Eye talent is also great here if you want to use it. It lets you float a lot better, as well as lets you begin DPS on mobs sooner. Personally, I stick with the +12% crit on Multi Shot from Improved Barrage for this fight.
    - When to use CD's is going to depend on the needs of your raid composition. Personally I use mine a bit later in the fight on the aboms, just before we start CC'ing them.
    - Do NOT neglect freezing arrow here. When the room begins swarming with adds, freezing arrow is your friend. Remember that you shouldn't be too quick to open on an abom with serpent sting at this stage because people will likely be trying to CC them.

Sindragosa

Obviously the most crucial thing you want to do here is to pray every flight phase that you're not targeted for frost tombs.

Tips:
    - All the standard movement reduction stuff applies. Disengage works like a charm for blistering cold. That and an arcane shot should have you covered for the time you're moving. You even have time to stop for a split second to fire off that one auto-shot. If you have engineering boots, use it for the first blistering cold so they're up again for one of the later ones. Remember, whether you're using either disengage or nitro boosts, you don't actually have to spend the whole duration running away from her. Once you're at a safe range, you can get back to casting steady shots.
    - Dismiss your pet immediately when she flies up (make sure you're not targeting the boss or it won't let you do that). If it turns out you're tombed, you might not have enough time left to cast it, and your pet will die from the aoe. Remember to resummon your pet when the flight phase ends.
    - Keep an eye on your pet's HP in the final phase. Voice out to the healers to heal your pet as well. If needed, use mend pet. Personally, I just use a power aura that alerts me when my pet has < 40% health (which I never miss because it makes an adorable meow sound and everything), and then demand rudely that some healer get their act together and heal it. Which works out well enough most of the time.

The Frozen Throne

The Lich King

Now this is one hell of a fun fight. It can get stressful for you as a hunter, because a lot of responsibility rests on you, but know that as an MM hunter, you're pretty much THE single most crucial DPS spec for this encounter (other than boomies, because the way viles work on Molten heavily favors having a boomy or two in the raid). The Hawk eye talent is indisputably mandatory here.

Phase 1

- P1 is about minimizing DPS loss as much as possible, whilst also never failing your tranq shots. You have to mind your distance from the Shambling Horror at all times - never let it get out of range. The tranq shot focus macro in this guide works amazingly well in getting the job done.
    - You're going to want to interrupt your steady shot casts to cast a tranq shot when you see the Shambling Horror is casting enrage. The simple solution to this is to put a /stopcasting line in front of your tranq shot macro. If you'd rather not do that, just jump to cancel the steady shot cast. If you're in the middle of a gcd when you see the enrage cast, don't worry. So long as you queue a tranquilizing shot right after, the enrage really shouldn't be up more than 2.0-2.5 seconds. Remember that tranquilizing shot doesn't go off unless there's something to dispel in the first place, so it's a good idea to be spamming it the instant you see the enrage cast, without needing to fear that your tranq shot might go off before the Shambling Horror actually gets the enrage buff.
    - You can have more than one ranged stacking point. This way, less people have their DPS or healing interrupted when a shadow trap goes out.

Phase 1.5 (first transition)

- When P1.5 begins, you want to get to that 41 yard spot as fast as possible. Ideally, you should already roughly know where this spot is before the transition phase begins, so you spend less time having to clumsily look for it. Remember that there will be at least 1 shambling alive throughout this phase that's gonna need regular tranq'ing.
    - This fight is mana-consuming as ****. Take advantage of the ghouls that are gonna be on the tank to do a quick Aspect of the Viper + Volley to gain all your mana back. This is going to help you a lot.
    - While your primary job throughout p1.5 remains to cause as much damage to the LK as possible, remember to watch your pet's HP and not let it die from remorseless winter. I have my power auras set up to make a meowing sound when my pet is below 40% hp, at which point I scroll down on my mouse to send my pet running back to me, and then use master's call once it's close enough to instantly get it out of remorseless winter. Once it's topped off again, and this should happen quickly, I scroll up on my mouse to send it back in.
    - Keep your eyes on the frozen orbs. If the shadow priests end up suddenly needing help, the next best person for the job is a hunter.

Phase 2

- P2 is primarily going to be a test of your movement management. You want to be dropping your traps on the boss for every set of valks, but remember that you can drop those from a far enough distance such that you can still attack the boss. Don't stack right on top of the boss and end up losing DPS for no reason.
    - Generally, your Cooldowns are also going to come off as P2 begins. Make sure not to pop Rapid Fire if you know you're going to be moving very shortly.
    - Spread the hell out for defile. It should be second-nature to you to ALWAYS have your eyes on the defile timer. Not messing up defile is your biggest priority. Disengage is handy here, both for spreading out for defiles, and for getting out of one you just dropped. There's some hearsay going around that you shouldn't disengage out of defile, but this has worked perfectly for me every single time.
    - Somewhere towards the end of this phase, you might have to refresh Hunter's Mark on the LK. A lot of hunters seem to overlook this because it's something they never have to do on other encounters. Don't be one of them!

Phase 2.5 (second transition phase)

- P2.5 is much the same story as P1.5, with the exception that you're going to be on the raging spirits rather than on the Lich King. Remember to help your tanks out with misdirection if need be. Keep your eyes on the frozen orbs. If one or more of your shadow priests died before p2.5, you're going to be the main guy on the orbs. Mana might also start to be an issue here. What I do when I'm oom here is spam steady shots and auto shots on the raging spirits with Viper on, and then switch back to hawk for my Chimera Shot > Aimed Shot, and then back to viper again for the steady shots. Aspect of the Hawk and Aspect of the Viper are on a separate gcd from the rest of your spells, so you won't be interrupting your rotation. Remember that you shouldn't actually need to wait until you have a full mana bar this way. 50-60% ought to last you until the first Frostmourne phase.
    - Your 3rd round of CD's should come back up towards the end of P2.5. Usually, I just end up popping them on the raging spirits, so they come up again one last time towards the end of the fight.

Phase 3

- Same thing about defile applies here. Do NOT screw this up. Your biggest priority here is to NOT fail on defile. Your 41 yard range gives you a tonne of space to spread out, even in a 25 man, so you have no excuse. This is another reason why I said Hawk Eye was mandatory.
    - Please don't die to vile spirits. Don't position yourself in a direction the boomkin is gonna be using his typhoon. Don't tunnel vision and forget that viles even exist. Make liberal use of frost traps to slow them - this prevents wipes. Be smart with your frost traps - place them where you know they're going to be triggered (and therefore used). A pretty nifty trick you can do here is distracting shot on a vile spirit to get it on you, and then drop a frost trap so it gets triggered)
    - Make sure you're in range of the boss before Frostmourne phase. This is so that in case he enrages, you can distracting shot immediately. A Distracting Shot > Feign Death > Distracting Shot + Rocket Boots combo can keep the boss occupied for a whole 10-12 seconds, so don't underestimate the utility you bring to the table in this phase. Aspect of the Cheetah is also amazing for kiting both the boss + viles if you're careful. There is nothing in this phase that will daze you besides defile, vile spirits, and the LK himself. Stay clear of those and you'll be good.
    - Use Distracting Shot on a vile if you notice 2 or more are relentlessly pursuing someone. This prevents wipes if they're a healer.
    - Don't move when there's only 1 vile spirit chasing you. You should be able to safely soak 1.
    - During Frostmourne phase, sit in Viper the whole time, and gain all your mana back. This ensures mana is never an issue for the rest of the fight. Don't bother attacking the vile spirits in this phase because they don't work. Save yourself the trinket procs. Don't summon your pet here unless you dismiss it before going out again because otherwise, your pet remains stuck in the frostmourne room and has to kinda fly all the way back to LK's platform.
    - Remember that as soon as you leave Frostmourne phase, you get a free cotw. Remember to use it!!
    - Typically, as soon as Frostmourne phase ends, you're going to have to immediately worry about one of more of the following three: 1) Defile (5 seconds in), 2) Vile spirits, 3) Enrage. You have plenty of time to prepare in advance for whatever it's going to be, so don't screw up!
    - I almost always get off a 4th set of cooldowns. The difference between 3 and 4 sets of cooldowns is substantial, so be smart with your CD management.
    - There is a bug on heroic mode where when he starts casting Harvest Soul, he drops your Hunter's Mark off him. Make sure to reapply it as soon as you're out.

Lich King TL;DR:

- Pew pew LK.
    - Tranq Shambling
    - Drop traps P2
    - Spread for defile
    - Pew Pew Ragings
    - Spread for defile again
    - Taunt boss on enrage, run from viles, drop frost traps
    - Spread for defile AGAIN.
    - Pew Pew LK.

Additional Information

Hunter Stat Conversions Guide

Hunter Stat Conversion at Level 80:

Ratings
    32.79 Hit Rating = 1% Hit
    45.91 Crit Rating = 1% Crit
    32.79 Haste Rating = 1% Haste

Attack Power
    14 AP (attack power) = 1 dps (auto shot)

Agility
    1 Agility = 1 AP
    83.33 Agility = 1% crit or 1 Agil = .55 Crit Rating
    79.19 Agility = 1% Dodge
    1 Agility = 2 Armor

Armor Penetration
    14 Armor Pen Rating = 1% armor reduction

Hunter Stat Conversion to Pet

Pets Gain:
    22% of hunter AP
    45% of hunter Stamina
    40% of hunter resistances
    45% of hunter armor
    12.85% of hunter AP as spelldamage
    100% of hunter resilience
    100% of hunter hit rating, as hit and expertise – but drop fractions. Thus if you have +5.99% hit your pet gets only 5%. Focused Aim talent does also benefit the pet.

Pet Tanking Conversions
    Bosses have a 5.6% crit chance
    82 resilience = 1% reduction in chance to be crit

Credit to http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...uide-level-80/

Compiled list of the effect of Hunter abilities tested during ICC encounters

Disclaimer: Note that this information was all from retail WotLK. Some of it may not be true for here on Warmane.

This list shall contain the following format:

Ability - Encounter - <Tested> Y / <Needs to be Tested> N - Functionality being tested

Examples:

-------------------------------------------------
    DT - BQ - Y - Does not deflect Incite Terror
    DT - BQ - N - Deflects Bloodbolt Splashes sourced from other players.

The 1st example says that Deterrence has been tested to deflect Incite Terror during the Blood-Queen encounter and does not deflect it.
    The 2nd example says that Deterrence has not been tested yet to see if it will deflect Bloodbolt Splashes from other players being hit by Twilight Bloodbolt.

Abbreviation List - Possible Hunter Abilities

FD - Feign Death
    DT - Deterrence
    DE - Disengage
    TS - Tranquilizing Shot
    AS - Aimed Shot
    SS - Silencing Shot
    SC - Scatter Shot
    DS - Distracting Shot
    MD - Misdirection
    ET - Explosive Trap
    MC - Master's Call
    AP - Aspect of the Pack
    FA - Freezing Arrow/Trap
    WS - Wyvern Sting
    NA - Not a Hunter ability, line item refers to functionality not particular to any Hunter abilities

Abbreviation List - Encounters

LM - Lord Marrowgar
    LD - Lady Deathwhisper
    GB - Gunship Battle
    DS - Deathbringer Saurfang
    FG - Festergut
    RF - Rotface
    PP - Professor Putricide
    BP - Blood Prince Council
    BQ - Blood-Queen Lana'thel
    VD - Valithria Dreamwalker
    SG - Sindragosa
    LK - Lich King Arthas

If anyone has suggestions to flesh out this list of abilities and their effects during ICC encounters then please list the results of your testing. Results can also include the effect of using certain Racials or other non-Hunter specific items but still relevant to Hunter's. Anecdotal information is not satisfactory, only solid 100% true facts. Any results should be backed up by logs whenever possible.

FD - LM - Y - Does not free you from Bone Spikes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DT - LM - Y - Prevents damage from Bone Storm
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DT - LM - Y - Prevents damage from Coldflame
    TS - LD - Y - Does not remove Fanatic/Adherent Determination from Reanimated Fanatic/Adherent.
    TS - LD - Y - Removes 'Shroud of the Occult' magic shield from all Adherent types.
    DS - DS - Y - Can be used to force Blood Beasts to attack you for DS duration.
    FD - DS - Y - When used for Blood Beasts you may regain all threat when you pop up(Heroic only)
    ET - DS - Y - Blood Beast AE dmg reduction does not apply to the DoT effect of Explosive Traps
    MC - DS - Y - Master's Call works on the slow effect that Saurfang applies when the beasts are out. (Hard Mode)
    FD - FG - N - If used in the instant he targets you will stop a Vile Gas attack
    DT - FG - Y - Does not deflect a Vile Gas attack
    DT - FG - Y - Does not prevent damage from Gaseous Blight
    DT - FG - Y - Does not prevent damage from Pungent Blight
    DT - FG - N - Deterrence functions the same as it does for (H) Festergut as for PP encounter
    DT - RF - Y - Does not prevent damage from Slime Spray
    DS - RF - Y - Can be used to force 'Big Ooze' to follow you for DS duration
    DT - RF - N - Can be used to prevent damage from Radiating Ooze and Weak Radiating Ooze
    DT - RF - Y - Does not prevent damage and slowing effect from Ooze Flood.
    MC - RF - Y - Provides immunity to Ooze Flood slowing effect.
    FD - RF - Y - Has no impact on Small Ooze spawning off you(contrary to prev report)
    FD - PP - Y - Does not prevent you from being frozen by Tear Gas
    FD - PP - Y - Can be used when targeted by Volatile Ooze to force it to pick a new target. Ooze new target selection also takes several additional seconds. Best used in the second before the Ooze would hit you and blow everyone up.
    DT - PP - Y - Does not prevent you from being frozen by Tear Gas
    DT - PP - Y - Does not prevent you from being struck by Volatile 'Ooze Eruption'
    DT - PP - Y -- Deterrence will work on Malleable Oozes that target you directly. It will negate all damage ONLY if you are the target (and the slow casting effect), and will not affect the AoE damage (or slow effect) if you are splashed. Great help for those times you're targetted by the green ooze and Malleable'd at the same time.
    DT - BP - Y - Prevents damage from 'Shadow Lance'
    NA - BP - Y - Dark Nucleus will stick to whoever attacked them last. Use Scorpid Sting to keep them on you if tanking.
    NA - BP - Y - Pets can prevent Kinetic Bomb from landing indefinitely. Should be on passive and manually sent in to attack to accomplish this. Note that Kinetic Bombs will despawn during the encounter and your pet will need to be resent in to attack a new one.
    FD - BQ - Y - Does not prevent being hit by Incite Terror
    DT - BQ - Y - Does not prevent being hit by Incite Terror
    DT - BQ - Y - Prevents damage from Twilight Bloodbolt
    DT - BQ - Y - Prevents damage from Shroud of Sorrow
    DT - BQ - N - Prevents damage from Swarming Shadows
    DT - BQ - Y - Does not prevent damage from Pact of the Darkfallen
    DT - BQ - Y - Does not prevent damage from Bloodbolt Splash caused by other players
    DT - BQ - N - Prevents Bloodbolt Splash from happening on Twilight Bloodbolts cast on you
    DE - BQ - Y - If player is targeted by Twilight Bloodbolt during Bloodbolt Whirl, and has not yet landed, splash occurs at players original position. If Disengaging out be aware that this functionality could cause additional damage from splash to other raid members and so you should avoid Disengaging in the couple seconds prior to and during Bloodbolt Whirl for positioning to be clear.
    DT - VD - Y - Prevents damage from Lay Waste (although you should be shooting, not hiding)(Blazing Skeleton)
    DT - VD - N - Prevents damage from Column of Frost
    DT - VD - Y - Prevents damage from Acid Burst(Blistering Zombie)
    DT - VD - N - Prevents damage from Frostbolt Volley(Risen Archmage)
    DT - VD - N - Prevents damage from Gut Spray(Gluttonous Abomination)
    DS - VD - Y - Can be used to force Blistering Zombies to follow you for the duration (and the casters, technically)
    DE - SG - Y - Can be used while being Icy Grip'd to jump back sooner
    FD - SG - Y - Can be used to prevent being hit by Icy Grip
    AP - SG - Y - Frost Aura damage does not cause Daze affect from Aspect
    DT - SG - Y - Prevents damage from Frost Aura
    DT - SG - Y - Does not prevent damage from Blistering Cold
    DT - SG - N - Prevents damage from Chilled to the Bone
    DT - SG - Y - Does not prevent the application of Mystic Buffet debuff
    NA - SG - Y - Shots that cause magical damage do not proc Backlash or Chilled to the Bone
    NA - SG - Y - Icy Grip can be avoided by using the Frost Tomb to get out of LOS
    DE - LK - Y - If you are being carried by a Valk and it is killed with you in midair, you can disengage back onto the platform. However if the Valk drops you then you will be too low to Disengage back
    TS - LK - Y - Shambling Horror Enrage can and should be Tranq'd. Their enrage has a cast time.
    DT - LK - N - Prevents damage from Shockwave(shambling horror)
    FD - LK - Y - Does not prevent Hunter from being targeted by Valkyrie's
    DT - LK - N - Prevents throwback(Ice Burst) from Ice Sphere
    DT - LK - N - Prevents damage from Ice Pulse(Ice Sphere)
    DT - LK - N - Prevents damage from Pain and Suffering(Lich King)
    DT - LK - Y - Does not prevent damage from Remorseless Winter
    FD - LK - Y - Does not prevent a Raging Spirit from spawning
    DT - LK - N - Prevents damage from Soul Shriek(Raging Spirit)
    DT - LK - Y - Does not prevent damage/trigger of Defile
    DE - LK - Y - The mechanics of Disengage leave the Hunter at their original position until landing. Do not try to Disengage out of Defile or away if you get Defile
    NA - LK - Y - Turn on chat bubbles and use the DBM Alpha version to easily see who has Defile so you can move away from them
    DT - LK - Y - Does not prevent damage from Spirit Burst(Vile Spirit)
    SC - LK - Y - Does not interrupt Soul Rip
    FA - LK - Y - Does not interrupt Soul Rip
    WS - LK - Y - Does not interrupt Soul Rip
    DS - LK - Y - Does interrupt Soul Rip (you likely want to FD before the mob reaches you though)

Credit to prime311 of Elitistjerks as well as several other posters there for their contributions in making this insanely helpful compilation. (http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...nd-tips/page-3)
    Edited: June 6, 2015

2. Reserving because that seems like a good idea.

3. +1 to this guide, I see you finally made it after all. :P Also try submission of this as a guide to have it listed in the guides page (for the same reason i msgd you earlier too :P).

4. May 4, 2015  
    +1 to this guide, I see you finally made it after all. :P Also try submission of this as a guide to have it listed in the guides page (for the same reason i msgd you earlier too :P).
    Indeed. That's probably good to do.

Done!

5. May 27, 2015  
    yes really helpful guide especially for crimson hall and after that.

6. June 6, 2015  
    yes really helpful guide especially for crimson hall and after that.
    Thanks <3.

Added a list of hunter stat conversions to the guide, as well as a compilation of tested hunter abilities that work during various ICC encounters.

7. Nice guide should add precast CotW thing here.
    Suggested using mouseover tranq shot macro saves you the job of focusing shambs.

8. Nice guide should add precast CotW thing here.
    Suggested using mouseover tranq shot macro saves you the job of focusing shambs.
    ^This. I started using mouseover macro after my 10th LoD kill back in the day, and it's way faster/more efficient.