1. [WOTLK] The insanity of "GearScore" - It MUST find a fast death!

Hello folks,

I'd like to discuss about the massive usage of the "GearScore" Addon on WOTLK servers. Many many players extremely use this addon to "rate" the player's gear.

First of all a positive things about that addon:

To be honest I see only exactly one positive thing on this Addon:
    It's the /gs chat command which opens a pretty nice looking windows and gives you informations about the player's gear matching to the corresponding spec shown as a percentage. This is quite nice because it instantly shows missing gems and enchantments.

Now lets go to the negative side of this addon:

There are MANY things that improve a player's raiding performance a LOT and they do not give you one single point of GearScore.

So let's list those things:

Tier9/10 Set Bonus (In my opinion a MUST have for all players. Lot of these bonuses are extremely nice and helpful. Anyway it does not give one single GS)

Profession Enchantments (Also very very nice bonuses from professions - but no single GS point)

Glyphs (Without any doubts also a must have for any player... but it's still not counted by GS addon)

correct gems and enchants (Well yes, the /gs window reduces the player's GS for missing gems and enchants but you can avoid the GS reduction by putting any dumb enchant on any item...)

and one of the most important things:
    CORRECT spec (Everytime I inspect player's specs I could often burn my own eyes... Players wasting points to completely wrong talents. No doubt: correct spec'd char is definetly a very important thing for your maximum of raiding performance. But still does NOT give you any single point of GS)

Alright so I really hope there are some player's here start using their brain instead of GS.

Best regards - I'm waiting for your ansers.

2. The insanity is real. A lot of players here consider a certain amount of gearscore a normal requirement to join raids where the items dropped by the bosses provide a lower gs than the one you need to be invited. I hope the Lordaeron progression system will invert the attitude.

3. There is no brain on wotlk realms. Global is spammed with GS req, even guild requires to have specific GS to join. I have 4k gs mage on Ragnaros and i cant even do FoS normal cause people are "your gs is too low" and they wont invite or join my group.

4. Well I'm playing a discipline preist. He is currently at 5485 GS. When I was 4.8k GS I completed the RS10nm achiev. When I was ~5k GS I completed the RS25 achiev... And ppl still keep saying 5.4k GS is too low for RS10 even with RS25 achiev. This is really insane.

5. Well I'm playing a discipline preist. He is currently at 5485 GS. When I was 4.8k GS I completed the RS10nm achiev. When I was ~5k GS I completed the RS25 achiev... And ppl still keep saying 5.4k GS is too low for RS10 even with RS25 achiev. This is really insane.
    Pug runs? If so, you were lucky. The RS 25n runs in #global ask for 5.8 and achiev. Now the funny thing is that in some cases if you have the requierd gs that they ask but don't have the achiev or viceversa, have achiev but low gs, you may not be taken in that pug run.

How crazy is that?

I think that the add-on itself is fine, just the peoples requierments are too high.

It could be made just for achiev like:

"Need all for RS25n, link achiev or no inv."

That obliges ppls to join guilds and do achieves and ofc if u decide that its better on your own and have the achieves it still means that you know what to do in the encounter that u're puggin..

...Untill you **** up the dispell or the cutters in shadow realms and get an insta kick from the leader ^_^

6. Well yes, i'm pugging all the time because the guild I have only got exactly 1 member :D http://armory.warmane.com/guild/GS+d...thwing/summary

I was a little lucky that the pug runs I had when I made the RS achiev were partial guild runs of other guilds.

7. This is actually one of the main reasons why I don't like playing on Wrath despite me loving the expansion Lore wise. Why should I have to have better gear than what the dungeon/raid drops to get into said dungeon/raids. I mean if I want to gear up I should be able to gear up through relevant content. I mean if I have better gear than the dungeon/raid why would I want to go there to begin with? (Outside of helping players gear up if they ask nicely)

8. This is actually one of the main reasons why I don't like playing on Wrath despite me loving the expansion Lore wise. Why should I have to have better gear than what the dungeon/raid drops to get into said dungeon/raids. I mean if I want to gear up I should be able to gear up through relevant content. I mean if I have better gear than the dungeon/raid why would I want to go there to begin with? (Outside of helping players gear up if they ask nicely)
    Exactly this, whats the point doing a raid if you have better or already have same gear from that raid except if you want to help other players to gear up. Dungeons and raids exists to obtain better raid, i would be so bored to run same raid over and over again with same BiS character. As i said i cant even join group to do FoS normal with 4.5k gs, guess i need to buy 200 coins and get BiS gear for my mage so i can finish heroic dungeon.

9. People complain about GS on this forum since 2009, but guess what? it doesn't change a thing.
    PuGs always were and will remain bad.

I hope the Lordaeron progression system will invert the attitude.
    These are the same people with the same mind set, once WotLK hits we will start seeing some crazy ****, where you won't be able to join Naxx PuG without full Naxx gear and KT achiev, and so on.
    I've already seen some of them reserve VC loot, lol.

10. These are the same people with the same mind set, once WotLK hits we will start seeing some crazy ****, where you won't be able to join Naxx PuG without full Naxx gear and KT achiev, and so on.
    I've already seen some of them reserve VC loot, lol.
    The elitism already started on Lordaeron.
    Yesterday I got kicked out of a hellfire ramparts grp because I dont have the complete 60 pvp gear.

We can only hope that Lordaeron will never be pay to win because thats the main reason for the insane GS requirements on the other realms.

11. The elitism already started on Lordaeron.
    Yesterday I got kicked out of a hellfire ramparts grp because I dont have the complete 60 pvp gear.

We can only hope that Lordaeron will never be pay to win because thats the main reason for the insane GS requirements on the other realms.
    Call "pay-to-win" the moment you have something in the Marketplace that can't be gotten inside the game by any means.

And Lordaeron will eventually grow in "GS" requirements. That's natural, since it's a static expansion in the end of the day. As time passes, more and more people will increase their score to higher levels, and that causes the GS-freaks to increase the requirements. The name of that is inflation, and the ones who can do something about that are the players. Ridiculously high GS or gear requirements only exist if no one is starting raids without them. Players can either just complain about it or be proactive and start raids themselves.

12. ... And nobody will join your pug raids because you are not looking for people with the common, and at the same time, insane gs. But nevermind, you don't even play so why should you understand the thing?

I hope this insanity will not happen on Lordaeron because, with its progression system, people may learn that you don't need a legendary to complete a raid on normal difficulty.

13. ... And nobody will join your pug raids because you are not looking for people with the common, and at the same time, insane gs. But nevermind, you don't even play so why should you understand the thing?
    So all of you people who consider this insanity wouldn't join?

I don't need to play this specific game on a private server, only to have a functional brain and common sense a child could attain, to see that either you "all" are a tiny minority and the huge chunk of people agree with the requirements - which would render your complain negligible - or that you people are like headless chickens, all complaining about the beheading as a group without anyone gathering to go do raids together.

14. So all of you people who consider this insanity wouldn't join?

I don't need to play this specific game on a private server, only to have a functional brain and common sense a child could attain, to see that either you "all" are a tiny minority and the huge chunk of people agree with the requirements - which would render your complain negligible - or that you people are like headless chickens, all complaining about the beheading as a group without anyone gathering to go do raids together.
    It seems you lack the common sense and a functional brain to understand that I would join such kind of gsless raids but I was talking from a raid leader prospective, who would have to deal with players suffering froma gs addiction, complaining about the fact the leader has invited "low gs noobs" like those you find only here on warmane/molten.

15. It seems you lack the common sense and a functional brain to understand that I would join such kind of gsless raids but I was talking from a raid leader prospective, who would have to deal with players suffering froma gs addiction, complaining about the fact the leader has invited "low gs noobs" like those you find only here on warmane/molten.
    So you would join, but not start a raid without GS requirements. I addressed the laziness case, sort of, in the first post. You don't like GS, but you also don't want to deal with people who do. You want someone else to deal with it, and have it all tidy and sparkling to your personal content.

But wait, that's not what you said at first. What did you say? "No one would join." Now that I buried that, you come with "too many would join and complain." Which one is it? And why would GS-freaks even bother joining a raid that is clearly stated as having no GS or gear requirements? Did you actually try that repeatedly and got those results consistently or are you just throwing assumptions in desperation to safe some face?

12 Last