1. Does Vial of the Sands drops?

I was trying to farm it when someone told me the recipe could be bought with coins. So my question is whether you can get it the normal way (that is looting it from a Canopic Jar) or it is only available via donation?

2. It can be looted from Canopic Jar.

3. And that is a rare find from archeology. you gotta have 525 skill before it shows though. and it has like 2% chances that your next find would be Vial of the sands recipe. I suggest, find someone who has the recipe already and gather the mats then make him make one Vial of the sands for you.

4. 2% droprate is inacurate tho. its data from wowhead based on data from all users. the reason why its inacurate is the recipe doesnt drop if you dont have alchemy. i dont know where i saw the details but if i'm remembering correctly the droprate is somewhere between 8-12%. took me 22 jars to finally get the recipe tho.

also, you cant get the recipe with coins / votepoints.

5. ahh. so you gotta have alchemy? WoW has many sophisticated scripts. That's smart.

Prolok

yea

Yeah only a alchemist can make it if he/she has the recipe...

7. Ofc only an alchemist can make it. But he's saying only an archaeologist with alchemy can have the recipe drop from the jar. Which I find hard to believe.

8. Ofc only an alchemist can make it. But he's saying only an archaeologist with alchemy can have the recipe drop from the jar. Which I find hard to believe.
    As far as i know there were only a few claims of people finding the recipe without alchemy, and none confirmed.

check this link out for more info about droprates:

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...e-sands-survey

Lariel
    well that sucks. how did i not know this.
    now i gotta decide whether to pick up alchemy on my main (which would make my alchemy alt a waste) or buy the recipe in the market.

10. Ofc only an alchemist can make it. But he's saying only an archaeologist with alchemy can have the recipe drop from the jar. Which I find hard to believe.
    That is actually true. You don't have a chance at looting it if you don't have alchemy on the same character you have archeology on.

btw
    THANK YOU MOLTEN FOR FIXING OUTLAND ARCHEOLOGY!!!

11. Vial of The Sands Recipe

I've heard that with a new update to Molten the recipe for vial of the sands can not be found anymore. Is this true? Please message me with details!

Mightylink
    Its a very rare find, 2% in canopic jar which you also won't be able to create every time cause they pop up randomly in archeology.

13. Its a very rare find, 2% in canopic jar which you also won't be able to create every time cause they pop up randomly in archeology.
    lol, its not 2%.

wowhead shows 2% because it included results of those with archeology but no alchemy.

canopic jar has like 9.5% chance to contain recipe.