1. Filter the guild recruitment spam - addon!

The guild recruitment spam on /global is f**** out of hand on this server, that's a fact. Yes, you could /ignore every spammer, but it's kinda annoying,
    So I've found a little addon that filters [Dirge] and A*** and modified it a bit - now it filters the words "guild" and "recruit".

enjoy:
    https://mega.nz/#!UcpgGL6D!MKu0Dx_K8...p1Yib76PfnWAVU

the list of commands is included in the .txt file

2. Thank you, and since you're changing things, probably a good idea to add an in game system that allows the user to specify a guild name to ignore as well. More than likely words like guild and recruit will be used outside of the spam.

3. Np, np ;3
    Thank you, and since you're changing things, probably a good idea to add an in game system that allows the user to specify a guild name to ignore as well. More than likely words like guild and recruit will be used outside of the spam.
    You can add more words to the filter, I think, but I really have no idea how to make WoW addons, so yeah...
    I just modified that one in notepad :D

4. Np, np ;3

You can add more words to the filter, I think, but I really have no idea how to make WoW addons, so yeah...
    Welp, if we can add more then that's all good :D

Thx again

5. Np, np ;3

That's how most people do it... I don't think there's an IDE for LUA specifically... Most people just use Notepad++ to my knowledge and debug in-game.

If you want to add any more words, simply open assfilter.lua with notepad, search for the if (strfind(lcmsg, "guild") or strfind(lcmsg, "recruit") then add an "or strfind(lcmsg,"what you want to ignore")" after the last strfind function... IE: say you wanna add the word "candy":

if (strfind(lcmsg, "guild") or strfind(lcmsg, "recruit") or strfind(lcmsg, "candy")) -> You can add as many words as you like.

Also, make sure to set the filter in-game to "hide", by default it only colors it gray, you can do that by typing /assfilter hide.
    Edited: October 1, 2015

6. Thank you very much, gonna try it right away. Those guildspammers are so annoying.

7. if (strfind(lcmsg, "guild") or strfind(lcmsg, "recruit") or strfind(lcmsg, "candy")) -> You can add as many words as you like.
    That's what I thought, thnx!

But indeed it would be nice to have a more advanced addon that lets you add words to the filter via in-game interface. This is one is very basic, but still better than ignoring half of the realm imo ;3

8. I've decided to make my own addon easier to use and comprehend, you can find it and more info here
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....62#post2541862

But indeed it would be nice to have a more advanced addon that lets you add words to the filter via in-game interface. This is one is very basic, but still better than ignoring half of the realm imo ;3
    That is possible and I'll work on integrating it in my own addon. Won't be ready in the near future though, I'm a c++ programmer, not LUA, have to learn first.
    Edited: October 1, 2015