1. May 11, 2016  

Expanding the population cap?

I don't know how viable this is for reasons of realm stability and the population not becoming too big to be playable without lag in main citys like Dalaran.
    But i would like to have the population cap for Lordaeron to either 13k or 14k so that the queues won't be as massive as they are in the moment i'm writing this, 2400 people in queue.
    This may already be in your plans to do in the near future to do, so this thread might be slightly un-needed. But what the hell, if you know that this will happen then remove the thread, no problems.

Regards, Me

2. May 11, 2016  
    Another vanilla private server got rekt, so we have more refugees in additional to nostalrius ones.

3. May 11, 2016  
    I'm guessing that you are not aware of the fact that there is at least 2 "plx increase the cap" posts every week.

They will increase the cap, as soon as possible, just like they have increased it in the past. It's not as simple as click a button and cap increased, if they increase the cap too fast they will mess up the server stability. Nobody likes playing with 30sec lag, let them take their time so we don't have to deal with that kind of lag.

Nobody likes the queue, but complaining about it is not really going to help. People that complain about it are also the people that don't care about supporting the server, because if they cared and donated, they wouldn't be sitting in queue.

Believe me, they are doing everything they can and will increase the cap when they can. Increasing the cap or opening another server requires money, feel free to help them gather it and donate.

There is also a way past the queue, which is with the queue-skip, here is how it works:
    1. Donate money
    2. Get coins for your donation
    3. Spend at least 5 coins on a character on Lordaeron
    4. Get 30 days queue-skip as a bonus for your purchase
    Edited: May 11, 2016

4. May 11, 2016  
    Do something with this ****ed up que, expand population cap or open new realm, this is bull****, we cant plan anything to do due to 3k que because we're gonna get stuck in it for 3-4h

5. May 11, 2016  
    I remember that i complained about 500 ppl qe back in the days on molten, now i'm waiting a 2256 ppl qeue, just like i did yesterday waiting 2 hours just to enter, and the price to qeue skip monthly is like twice the price to play on retail so... T-T
    BLIIZZARD STOP SHUTING DOWN THE OTHER PRIVATE SERVERS PLEASEEEE

oh and the idea to split lordaeron into 2 realms is a cool idea it wud be like 2 realms with 7k people playing....
    but i dont think they have the money to do this now, unless someone invest on that, i would be happy to do so..
    Edited: May 11, 2016

6. May 11, 2016  
    I see, well i very rarely read these forums. I know that it isn't as easy as 1,2,3 to increase it. thanks for the answer though.

7. May 11, 2016  
    I'm guessing that you are not aware of the fact that there is at least 2 "plx increase the cap" posts every week.

They will increase the cap, as soon as possible, just like they have increased it in the past. It's not as simple as click a button and cap increased, if they increase the cap too fast they will mess up the server stability. Nobody likes playing with 30sec lag, let them take their time so we don't have to deal with that kind of lag.

Nobody likes the queue, but complaining about it is not really going to help. People that complain about it are also the people that don't care about supporting the server, because if they cared and donated, they wouldn't be sitting in queue.

Believe me, they are doing everything they can and will increase the cap when they can. Increasing the cap or opening another server requires money, feel free to help them gather it and donate.

There is also a way past the queue, which is with the queue-skip, here is how it works:
    1. Donate money
    2. Get coins for your donation
    3. Spend at least 5 coins on a character on Lordaeron
    4. Get 30 days queue-skip as a bonus for your purchase
    To Clarify he wasn't complaining, and did a good job of putting his opinion out there as cleanly as possible. How does anything get done? The people step forward and SPEAK, because that's how the forum moderators and the dev team get their feedback. It is important to provide feedback, just as it is to provide solutions to a potential problem as you did. -1 +1

8. May 11, 2016  
    Increasing the cap or opening another server requires money.
    Well after Deathwing & Ragnaros merge, 1 machine will be free. They can either sell it or use it for another Lordaeron server, they may even fix & activate cross realm future, which i personally think will be great if there is 2 servers with same rates and cross realm future between them.

9. May 11, 2016  
    Cap incrase won't solve anything.
    Lordaeron had 7k cap with 2000 que, now 12k cap with 2k que, even 20k cap will be with que, its logical.

The real solution - reduce character selection afk timers and ingame afking, so estimated time will be shorter, but warmane does not look at it for some reason.

10. May 11, 2016  
    Cap incrase won't solve anything.
    Lordaeron had 7k cap with 2000 que, now 12k cap with 2k que, even 20k cap will be with que, its logical.

The real solution - reduce character selection afk timers and ingame afking, so estimated time will be shorter, but warmane does not look at it for some reason.
    Cuz it always looks better when in the main page displays 12,000 players online, 2500 queue. So the people are like oo man that's so high populated, and the moment you enter, stormwind, dalaran, empty :D

11. May 11, 2016  
    Cuz it always looks better when in the main page displays 12,000 players online, 2500 queue. So the people are like oo man that's so high populated, and the moment you enter, stormwind, dalaran, empty :D
    Have you considered that being harder to level up and with RDF disabled people doesn't stay in hubs doing nothing all day? No, I don't think you did.

12. May 11, 2016  
    Have you considered that being harder to level up and with RDF disabled people doesn't stay in hubs doing nothing all day? No, I don't think you did.
    Thing is that there are online like 10,000 players in-game doing things, and other 2000 afk in character screen selection. And i know that RDF is disabled and it's even harder then it was in retail. Yes i did, i know that most of the players are not sitting in the hubs doing nothing. Today i logged in for a bit and found a friend of mine in there, i told him how he manages to wait that huge queue, and his answer was "I just stay online, and i don't quit the game, so he is just staying in character selection screen"

13. May 12, 2016  
    Indeed. Having less people in Dalaran/Stormwind/Orgrimmar is the entire reason the RDF is disabled.

Thing is that there are online like 10,000 players in-game doing things, and other 2000 afk in character screen selection. And i know that RDF is disabled and it's even harder then it was in retail. Yes i did, i know that most of the players are not sitting in the hubs doing nothing. Today i logged in for a bit and found a friend of mine in there, i told him how he manages to wait that huge queue, and his answer was "I just stay online, and i don't quit the game, so he is just staying in character selection screen"
    I wonder if being in the character selection screen has any effect at all. I doubt it. Since you are not actually logged in, and can choose any character, your character is not truly ingame. That's why I think it does not count towards active playercount.

14. May 12, 2016  
    Indeed. Having less people in Dalaran/Stormwind/Orgrimmar is the entire reason the RDF is disabled.

I wonder if being in the character selection screen has any effect at all. I doubt it. Since you are not actually logged in, and can choose any character, your character is not truly ingame. That's why I think it does not count towards active playercount.
    But when you are in char screen you had to choose the server. I'm pretty sure in the moment you are at char screen your are counted as an active user.

In my opinion it would be a good idea to kick everybody from char screen after 15 minutes AFK.

15. May 13, 2016  
    I thought staying for too long in the character screen will get you kicked too (if the queue is reached). I mean sometimes I fell asleep while playing and when I woke up and saw character selection, I always got stuck on the loading screen when trying to enter the game world

Then when I alt+f4 and relog, I got stuck in the queue. This doesn't happen if I just recently log out/crash, so the server must've kicked me out already without landing me to login screen

12 Last