1. May 25, 2016  

Doing PvP at moment

Hi guys, I'm a veteran player of Warmane and I saw how server changed in several years. So I go to the point: after the server whipe SOME poeple have decided to return to play because of gifting coins.... Shadowmourne.... I see only Shadowmourne before me. The PvP for no donator players became unplayable. Joining BGs, pally and wars with Shadowmourne on 50-0, joining arena etc etc...
    How the situation evolved during this time ? Is it possible to play ? Or i will get easy rekt by double pally shadowmourne comp ?

2. May 25, 2016  

3. May 25, 2016  
    Lots of people have shadowmourne atm. And yes, its not balanced. On retail only handfull of people had shadowmourne and they pretty much sucked at pvp :D.
    But thats how the server gets lots of funds. Think about it, one hc item is around 25 coins, while shadowmourne is 150 coins or whatever. Thats a lot of money.
    The only way is to play on lordaeron, but the pvp there isnt good as far as ive heard. Go check it out!

By the way, if youre full wrath with some good pve gear youll still have a good chance vs Sm.

4. May 25, 2016  
    Pvp is **** nowadays. Everyone and I mean everyone runs around with s8 gear, same in arena, no matter what your rating is. And it's not really because of the merge. I've been grinding on my priest way before the merge on deathwing and it was like that. Plus idk if it's the new core or whatever but some classes are doing crazy dmg in pvp. I don't even feel the resilience anymore, it's like it doesn't even exist.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=327686

5. May 26, 2016  
    I really want to say 'git gud' because it's essentially what it comes down to. If you have the basic s6 set and s8 offparts, you shouldn't have any reason to complain (save for the damage of course, but that's manageable). If you're good at the game, that is, or unless you're a rogue, but that's a different story. The point is that shadowmourne isnt a godmode cheat item, just something to help bads win vs other bads

6. May 26, 2016  
    Pvp is **** nowadays. Everyone and I mean everyone runs around with s8 gear, same in arena, no matter what your rating is. And it's not really because of the merge. I've been grinding on my priest way before the merge on deathwing and it was like that. Plus idk if it's the new core or whatever but some classes are doing crazy dmg in pvp. I don't even feel the resilience anymore, it's like it doesn't even exist.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=327686
    Unless you are already full wrath, you are really going to struggle to arena on this server. Almost all the players that play arena here are the dedicated few PvPers who 90% of the time already are BiS geared for PvP. It's not clear about resilience, but certain classes certainly are overtuned. Since they imported the new core many classes received fixes etc. that without tuning have been pretty OP. It makes it even worse that the weekly arena points are so few.. it will take months of grinding to be on par gear wise with the majority of the playerbase. Really bad time + effort vs reward ratio.

The point is that shadowmourne isnt a godmode cheat item, just something to help bads win vs other bads
    Stop deluding yourself. Smourne is a massive advantage to any class that can use it. The stats alone without the proc are already way ahead of any other weapon available and the proc is basically a trinket's worth of free damage. Yes... there are lots of bad players with Shadowmourne here and that makes players think its not that big of a deal.. This is really not the case, give a capable player a shadowmourne and see the difference.
    Edited: May 26, 2016

7. May 26, 2016  
    Unless you are already full wrath, you are really going to struggle to arena on this server. Almost all the players that play arena here are the dedicated few PvPers who 90% of the time already are BiS geared for PvP. It's not clear about resilience, but certain classes certainly are overtuned.

Stop deluding yourself. Smourne is a massive advantage to any class that can use it. The stats alone without the proc are already way ahead of any other weapon available and the proc is basically a trinket's worth of free damage. Yes... there are lots of bad players with Shadowmourne here and that makes players think its not that big of a deal.. This is really not the case, give a capable player a shadowmourne and see the difference.
    Somehow 5+ years of WotLK pvp are telling me I'm not deluding myself. I know what SM can do, being a semi capable ret player -- on an alt of course. Thing is, it helps you get ok enough ratings if you're average, but that's really not a threat on Warmane because the 90% BiS geared players here that you're talking about are trash. Pure trash. It's virtually impossible to lose until you get to the very top where the people seem to know what they're doing.

Now explain to me how not having full wrath makes you "really struggle" because the vibe I'm getting from your post is that BiS Gear makes you good. It doesn't.

P.S. if you play some tryhard comp let me know so I could mock you for doing it and then whining on the forums

8. May 30, 2016  
    Now explain to me how not having full wrath makes you "really struggle" because the vibe I'm getting from your post is that BiS Gear makes you good. It doesn't.
    BiS gear might not make you good, but a ****** in full wrathful with shadowmourne is more threatening than say a player like Klinda in a furious set. Sad but true.

if you play some tryhard comp let me know so I could mock you for doing it and then whining on the forums
    As a "semi-capable ret player" I don't think you're in a position to mock anything!

9. It's not about being good or bad, it's about what class you're playing and what gear you have... Last season after they changed core some classes got ******ed damage i've seen frost mages critting 8k with frostbolts on 1400 resi, arcane mages doing 25-30k total with missiles (and all he needs to do is cs you before he melts you so you can't interrupt it if you're a caster) and of course warriors who are the biggest cancer of what now is Icecrown realm. Not only did they get ******ed damage buff, they are also one of 3 classes that wield SM and are probably most popular pvp choice for Icecrown players because of how ******ed they are, not to mention majority of them eventualy ends up with almost bis gear and a SM if not bis. End of last season on Ragnaros 2,1k+ was dominated by bis warriors who can't interrupt a 1.5 sec freecast while sitting on top of you, they don't apply mortal strike nor rend before Bladestorm yet they reach top 40-50 teams i've seen about 2 good arms warriors on Ragnaros in total and i've seen about 10 warriors in top 30 teams, you can go 1400 resi vs warrior here you will feel like you are sitting on 800. At warrior with same gear as Icecrown warrior is literally about 20-25% ****tier, which is alot in pvp.

10. Nah with resilence is something wrong or they busted tumuch some classes my disco priest 1250 resi gets bursted dawn by wars,pallys, hunters like i would be 3k gs .before new core that never happened that i bearly could healup myself vs 1 war or 1 pally,

11. BiS gear might not make you good, but a ****** in full wrathful with shadowmourne is more threatening than say a player like Klinda in a furious set. Sad but true.
    I can agree that sometimes having lower gear can decide the outcome of a fight, especially when playing vs mirror, but that mostly applies to melee classes, as they seem to be more gear-dependent. This is especially true for WP -- if they get matched up vs a mirror with better gear and perhaps lower skill, their opponents are more likely to win. However, if it's, say, a 5/5 s6 geared shatter (i.e. <1000 resil on each player) vs bis geared WP, they have roughly equal chances of winning, as getting killed by the enemy warrior only comes down to their own mistakes and perhaps some rng with Sacred Cleansing.

Also, Klinda wasn't good, he only got high because he had SM and some people didn't have enough time to adapt, plus he only really recorded BG footage just to showcase huge numbers.
    As a "semi-capable ret player" I don't think you're in a position to mock anything!
    By semi-capable I mean 2500-ish, so, however controversial that may sound, more than capable of mocking anyone I want.

It's not about being good or bad, it's about what class you're playing and what gear you have... Last season after they changed core some classes got ******ed damage i've seen frost mages critting 8k with frostbolts on 1400 resi, arcane mages doing 25-30k total with missiles (and all he needs to do is cs you before he melts you so you can't interrupt it if you're a caster) and of course warriors who are the biggest cancer of what now is Icecrown realm. Not only did they get ******ed damage buff, they are also one of 3 classes that wield SM and are probably most popular pvp choice for Icecrown players
    It's called 'the meta' and it's something you have to adapt to if you want to play (or roll a warrior, heh), even if it's completely broken and dumb; it's like Game of Thrones -- you win or you die.

End of last season on Ragnaros 2,1k+ was dominated by bis warriors who can't interrupt a 1.5 sec freecast while sitting on top of you
    Says something about the PvP community as a whole on this realm.

i've seen about 10 warriors in top 30 teams,
    That's simply because it's the strongest comp in WotLK.
    Edited: June 11, 2016

12. 2500 on Warmane? That doesn't tell me anything. You probably played some braindead comp like Ret/Rogue Ret/Hunter. Still doesn't present any illusion of capability.

I only mentioned Klinda as that is a name people recognize.

> That's simply because it's the strongest comp in WotLK.

Wrong. Real PvP occurs in the 3s bracket (well at least on retail). The strongest comps in WoTLK have always been wizzcleave comps.

Sure in 2s warrior/healer will dominate, but on this server the effect is exaggarated due toe
    healers simply not being able to last vs the sustained dps of BiS warriors - which is arguably too high.

13. 2500 on Warmane? That doesn't tell me anything. You probably played some braindead comp like Ret/Rogue Ret/Hunter. Still doesn't present any illusion of capability.
    Ret/Rshaman til 2300-->Ret/Disc til 2500 and no, that server has a higher skillcap than Warmane's Icecrown, but lower than AT. Let's be honest though, you're going to call any comp I play braindead just to prove your point, you're clearly that stubborn, it's evident from your previous posts.
    I only mentioned Klinda as that is a name people recognize.
    Fair enough about the Klinda part, it's just a bit of a weird example with so many decent and well-known warriors around.
    Wrong. Real PvP occurs in the 3s bracket (well at least on retail). The strongest comps in WoTLK have always been wizzcleave comps.
    It's a bit obvious that I was talking about 2v2, you're just clutching at straws and nitpicking now. That comment could've been completely left out. I have to agree with the 3v3 part though.
    Sure in 2s warrior/healer will dominate, but on this server the effect is exaggarated due toe
    healers simply not being able to last vs the sustained dps of BiS warriors - which is arguably too high.
    The key word is 'arguably' since, as I already stated, that is manageable if you know what you're doing.

By the way, replying to me with a 90% ad hom sh¡tpost full of assumptions isn't gonna help people to take you seriously. You realise that, right?

14. I agree. Ret and warrior with shadowmoure can melt any class with a single cd. Kinda stupid if you ask me. No skill involved there.

I mean hell. I have a 6k pvp gs DK and I get melted in frost presence
    Edited: June 11, 2016

15. For real staff needs to do something about this op bug by wars with toc 5man trinekts they basicly 4 secnds burst dawn bis wf players........and ofc some will say i talk **** and ofc those palyers will be wars.....
    Edited: June 12, 2016

12 Last