1. June 4, 2016  

new to wotlk. Advice?

hi, wanna try Lordaeron. Any advice which fraction to choose...or which class?

2. June 4, 2016  
    -if you never played Wrath Of The Lich King, try lorderon with whatever class you like till lvl 80 ( rate x1, great experience ). beyond 80, if you don't have a connection in a top guild to get you in you will get so bored that you will regret leveling you charater.

-short answer : play on Icecrown

3. June 4, 2016  
    so.....as a healer i dont have a chance to play wotlk without good guild?

4. June 5, 2016  
    On Lord. is everything boosted. As a new player you should play on Icecrown. Lord. is waste of time unless you can get in good hardcore raid guild.
    Play whatever you want :D Its just on you. If you want to play paladin, play paladin. If you want to play warlock, play warlock. Just try to have a fun :D

My finall advice: Play on Icecrown
    PS: GMs please dont ban me. You know its true. He would be wasting time on Lord.

5. June 5, 2016  

6. June 5, 2016  
    On Lordaeron you will learn to play your class much better then on Icecrown,be it while being forced or simply having to understand the game which is harder byitself on Lord.

7. June 5, 2016  
    i understand that..but still..if i need to chase good guild to play pve....and i dont have so much time to play wow....agony

8. June 5, 2016  
    i understand that..but still..if i need to chase good guild to play pve....and i dont have so much time to play wow....agony
    Well, leveling in and of itself, can be an enjoyable experience if you're into that sort of thing. However, if not, Icecrown is the preferential realm if you want to just "jump in" to end-game content.

In a proper pve environment, which faction or class you choose should be unimportant. Both factions will be largely active, and all classes have at least one viable and functional spec for pve content.

so.....as a healer i dont have a chance to play wotlk without good guild?
    You can. Healers and tanks are largely popular. While there are a number of guilds who don't like to get randoms to fill their healer and tank slots, due to the heavy responsibility placed on the shoulders of these roles, they are still in great demand in random groups.

9. June 5, 2016  
    tnx for your answer...lvling is not a problem...just dont wanna waste my free time lvling and then hit a wall where i have a hard time to get into good guild or even group to play pve...and pvp later

10. June 5, 2016  
    There are plenty of good guilds out there that won't worry too much about your gear or skill level, so long as you're a cool person and willing to learn. A "top" raiding guild will be focused on clearing the most difficult content, so naturally, for the most part, they won't be interested in recruiting undergeared or unexperienced players. But a guild doesn't need to be clearing the hardest content to be a good guild. What's important is that the guild allows you to participate, and you have fun with those people. Having fun is most important, as this is a video game after all.

I'm sure that there are guilds that fit this criteria on both realms. How difficult it will be to find them, I cannot say. Just remember this when applying to guilds, though: Make sure to put forth effort into those applications, if the guild in question requires one, and remember that you will lose nothing if you are declined - just move on to the next guild that you think may be suitable.

11. June 5, 2016  

12. June 6, 2016  
    tnx for your answer...lvling is not a problem...just dont wanna waste my free time lvling and then hit a wall where i have a hard time to get into good guild or even group to play pve...and pvp later
    ===> icecrow it is then

13. June 6, 2016  
    There are plenty of good guilds out there that won't worry too much about your gear or skill level, so long as you're a cool person and willing to learn. A "top" raiding guild will be focused on clearing the most difficult content, so naturally, for the most part, they won't be interested in recruiting undergeared or unexperienced players. But a guild doesn't need to be clearing the hardest content to be a good guild.
    Do you raid on Lordaeron, like a normal player ? I imagine it will be quite interesting to have a staff member under cover in a guild, like all the exploits or workarounds the guild discovers will magically get fixed without being reported :D
    Edited: June 6, 2016

14. June 7, 2016  
    So i just leveled to level 80 on both lord and ic. People definitely know their class and roles a lot better on lord. I think 1x encourages it and the realm attracts ex-retail players. For instance, on ic, people couldnt find their way back from grave to instace so they just leave or the tank is completely new so doesnt know how to pull dungeon or hold aggro. If you want to be a decent player, lordaeron is way better.

On the other hand, there are a lot more raids/heroics groups lfm on IC. With upcoming naxx10 nerfs and the community, i still think lordaeron is superior unless you absolutely need rdf/icc.

15. June 7, 2016  
    I think a recurring theme i'm running into here lately, is fresh 80's that had no idea the content was buffed to absurdity, and quitting.

Its really just a matter of patience at this point. If you like the leveling, that will provide entertainment for a week or two depending on how you take it. Gearing up in heroics, probably another week or two. As far as raiding, unless you luck out and get into one of the guilds that have the entry content on farm, you're without a doubt, going to hit a wall once you hit 80.

Naxx 10, and OS 10, are without a doubt, absurd. Your option would be to do the 25 man variants, which are less absurd, but still buffed, they're just tolerable. The only road block here, is that depending on your time zone, you're probably not going to find a 25 man guild that doesn't already have the content on farm, thats in any shape to raid any time soon. The same guilds that have been looking for the same things for the last month are still.. looking for the same things. We actually just merged with another guild recently, as they were experiencing similar issues building a full compliment of 25 dedicated players, and we're still not done building a core.

If you like to PvP, do Flame Leviathan / VoA every week, and are patient, Lordaeron is for you. Heck, MAYBE after the nerfs that are supposed to go out after the reset, that wall will crumble, until then, if you're doing it for end game, Ice Crown might be where you should head. Lordaeron has potential, but give it some time for some of these "Hardcore" buffs to get whittled down to an acceptable level, and this realm should be the prime choice for Wrath of the Lich King content.

12 Last