1. DK or Warlock or Druid or Mage for Wotlk PvP

Hey Guys,

i know you will all roll your eyes on yet another "what to play" thread but I m gonna try get some help anyway:

I cannot decide whether to play a DK, Warlock Druid or Mage on Icecrown. I know they are all viable for PvE raiding and am sure I will be able to play end game content with em.

What I really dont know is what would be best for me for PvP, both Arena and battleground, as well as casual non-raiding PvE.

I actually want to play a caster, hence more precisely I am looking at Destro lock, Boomkin and Frostmage. DK comes into the equation because the second most thing i like is AoE. And DK's bring tons of it (AoE is more for the casual PvE corner of my interests). Plus they have quite a lot of spell like abilites.
    What I also like (and thats kind of Contra-casters) are "sturdy" classes, meaning High defense, hard to kill. Mobility is not something I enjoy, eventhough it helps staying alive ofc.

About myself: I ve played WoW for a very long time and mained a boomkin for most of my PvE carrier (did ICC 25 heroic + RS 25 heroic on him regularly). I never got the hang of druid in PvP though and generally believe that Boomkins are really weak in this area, no good defensive cool down, no instant CC, healing only with 30% armor debuff (we all know these arguments).

Since the roll back my boomy is gone anyway so I am starting from scratch.

Could you make a recommendation on these terms for me? I am really lost on what to take. My time is a bit limited and I dont wanna level 4 characters, eventhough I ve played all classes on Blackrock and leveled all to 80 in the past 4 years before the roll back.

hoping to hear from you!

2. I have play my share of DK and warlock pvp. Imo Warlock is far more fun to pvp with compared to DK. Affliction and destruction are both extremely good. Affliction requires you to have higher end gear to be effective.

Destruction has very high burst and is a lot of fun to play. Destruction seems to of just been nerfed though. Conflagrate is doing lik half the damage as it should be doing. Which makes me not want to even bother with destro pvp.

Mage on the other hand I have not played with to much. But from what I have played they it is a very fun class. It is also more about control and is also very strong when it comes to pvp.

Druid I have no clue. ..

3. thanks for the feedback :)
    I agree with you on the Dk. I ve played with it a bit on Blackrock now and am not too happy ... so i would cross him out again.

Also Mage I find a bit too soft ... sure they have a hell of a lot tools to AVOID damage, but they really cant take a hit. So maybe Mage isnt for me either.

So at this moment its a decision between balance druid and Warlock ... Anyone got some thoughts on that?

4. go dudu, cuz druid can be anything.
    warlock is good, with the rates on server u can ez make both of them.

5. thanks for the feedback :)
    I agree with you on the Dk. I ve played with it a bit on Blackrock now and am not too happy ... so i would cross him out again.

Also Mage I find a bit too soft ... sure they have a hell of a lot tools to AVOID damage, but they really cant take a hit. So maybe Mage isnt for me either.

So at this moment its a decision between balance druid and Warlock ... Anyone got some thoughts on that?
    That is interesting to hear. Mage is one of the harder to kill if played right. Yes they are soft but that is the point of the Mage (caster version rogue). A well played Mage is a nightmare for any class and spec.

Also destro lock might be good for you. They are also beastly when mastered. But easier to be good with when you are not as skilled with them.
    Edited: June 20, 2016