1. May 23, 2017  

"Read-only" issue

Well no matter what I try once I exist the game the settings all get removed, all keybindings, everything and no matter how many times I untick that read only option it never goes away....

Any help? Thank you

2. May 23, 2017  
    Hello Lenthal ,

You should install wow in a different part of the disk where the windows isn't installed ( if you have 2 partitions with C and D parts , install wow in D part if the windows is in C and vice-versa ) , Hope it helps

3. May 23, 2017  
    I have it on a completely different hard drive, since I have 2, still won't let me change it from read-only to normal.

4. May 23, 2017  
    Can you specify the type of error it gives you when you want to change to normal ?

5. May 23, 2017  
    Can you specify the type of error it gives you when you want to change to normal ?
    Thats the thing: it doesn't it says it works even a progress bar shows up but if i check propreties again its on read-only still, and everytime i try it shows the progress bar and everything, but ingame the settings always reset...

6. May 24, 2017  
    Bro i had the same problem.

The things is: you gotta uncheck the read only option from the WHOLE directory.

Just right click the folder before opening it and uncheck it, it will give you the option to include all the subfolders and files inside them.

Problem solved.

7. May 24, 2017  
    follow these steps:
    1) Restart your PC ( this is important)
    2) close your Torrent client and move your WoW folder away from your Torrent's download destination
    3) now right click on WoW folder> Properties> remove "read-only".

8. May 24, 2017  
    For some reason it got fixed but I have another major issue but I suppose I should open another topic on it...

But while I search, if some one can answer here...

I have an issue where ALL friendly/enemy health bars show as %, and mana/energy shows as numerical, and its not an interface option as that one is disabled, I've even tried different addons, and now trying xperl, no matter what I ONLY see % on health, I literally can not know how much numerical value a person/mob has of HP...

9. im having this issue and for some reason ive done everything every forum post has said but yet it still doesnt work idk :/ could someone help?