1. June 3, 2017  

Could we get streamlined leveling?

So, one of the biggest problems of this server (havnt played any other, so cant compare) is that leveling is really annoying because of endless bugs which make the quests undoable. And some really important parts like phasing dont work at all, resulting in almost unplayable cata and mop areas/quests. This turns away a LOT of the new players.

Now, asking for the devs to just fix all the bugs is impossible, there are just to many of them and they all are to complicated. TBC and Woltk (sort of) are all right, its 1-58 and 80-90 that is the problem.

So here is an idea, how about the server adapts one questing line i.e out of all the areas certain ones get all the work, so instead of fixing one bug in all 10-20 areas, only 2 areas get fixed (one per faction), but they get fixed properly. And so on, one 20-30 per faction, one 30-40 per faction, all the way to 1-58. The same basicely for cata, ignore all cata content bar 1 zone (ideally hyall) but fix that zone properly so 80-85 is doable in one go and it all works. That way there arent 5 zones that get fixed up slowly at the same time but 1 zones that gets it all. ( maybe give slight xp boosts or so to the zone so it gets the job done properly).

The same with MOP, make all of the jade forest run perfectly and ignore all other leveling content in MOP (if needed buff the xp so the zone).

The idea is to get people to follow that one set way, so whatever devs work on Frostwolf can focus on these areas only. This would speed up the developement time a lot and allow for us to get more people into the server.

Fix the rest gradually afterwards, but its important to have one leveling path that actually works.

Lastly, there needs to be a way to make new players aware of the patth and have them follow it, something like a pop up upon char creating "CHECK YOUR MAIL" and then a automated message telling them where to go when for leveling or something more elegant.

Any thoughts?

2. June 3, 2017  
    I'm not entirely sure how "relevant" this is to your topic, but I may have a possible mid-way solution to the leveling problems.

Look, the fact is that MoP, as much as I and others may love it, is simply not as populated as WotLK/TBC and therefore is just going to have to WAIT a bit longer. Warmane has a finite number of dev's working for them, and have WISELY decided to focus on 1 project at a time rather than spreading resources too thin and causing a situation where nothing meaningful never gets done.

However, this does not mean WE as players cannot/should not be helping each other. In fact, it is my personally held belief that veteran P-server players like myself and others have a responsibility to help new/returning players with as much information as we can. As such, I will be assembling a comprehensive leveling guide from 1-90 that covers everything from the most effect zones/quests to the psychology of effectively using a private server.

See, the problem many players have is that they are used to nearly 100% working everything from retail, so if anything differs from that or becomes too unintuitive for them they get frustrated. Private servers ARE going to have some bugs, and it is important that players have the ability to "think outside of the box" when it comes to playing on a private server so they can quest and do other tasks both quickly and efficiently.

As someone who has played various private servers for years, who has done the same quests over and over again countless times to level up countless characters to max level, all these things are something I take for granted. I think it would be beneficial to share some of that knowledge, and perhaps the frustration for new players will be kept to a minimum. :P

3. June 3, 2017  
    Recently leveled a horde and alliance chars I really don't see any issues regarding leveling as it took 2-3 days while casually playing. I dinged 85 in hyjal on one from just doing a few extra quests and the other cata zones have more than enough working quests. For mop you can get to 88 in Jade Forest alone and thats from just 2 of the quest hubs. Idk how people get stuck leveling when most zones have more than enough working quests (more than 75%) to not even notice any issues with the exp rate.
    Was doing Seeker achiever recently this was my breakdown of working quests, any zone other than mop ones missing has 95%+ working quests
    Badlands---------------25/38 24/35 pala
    Burning Steppes--------15/40 24/40 Lock
    Cape of Stranglethorn--50/60 46/60 DK
    Eastern Plaguelands----67/70
    Northern Stranglethorn-32/50 41/50 DK
    Searing Gorge----------30/35 29/35 DK
    Western Plaguelands----41/45 33/45 pala

Darkshore---------------80/90
    Ashenvale---------------56/70
    Desolace----------------20/55
    Dustwallow Marsh--------60/60
    Felwood-----------------47/55
    Feralas-----------------29/40
    Silithus----------------19/19
    Stonetalon Mountains----42/55 40/40h
    Southern Barrens--------45/50 40/40h
    Tanaris-----------------38/40
    Thousand Needles--------43/60
    Un'Goro Crater----------37/41
    Winterspring------------55/58

Borean 130/130a 150/150h
    Howling 60/130a 105h
    Dragonblight 97/115a 115/130h
    Grizzly 84/85a
    Sholazar 54/75a 75/75h
    Stormpeaks 65/100a /100h
    Icecrown 66/140a /140h
    Zul'drak 75/100a /100h

Hyjal-----88/115a /115h
    Deepholm--81/110a /110h
    Uldum-----40/105a /105h
    Twilight--105/120a 95/95h
    Vashj'ir--58/130a /130h
    Edited: June 3, 2017

4. June 4, 2017  
    Finishable and working are 2 different things (you can finish the intro hyal quest, but it doesnt work properly by a long shot, if you dont know where to fly you are done for).

Also, take the jade forest. If you havnt played MoP before or come from a different faction you have no idea what to do, the into quests dont work and you are just thrown into a place with a active quest which cant be done.

You have to know where to go and what quests to take because there is no leveling "path", if you dont know where to go before you even start you are screwed.

5. June 4, 2017  
    Only time I see people having issues with hyjal is when they don't accept quest from board. Once they get the 2nd part even if the drake does not fly you most if not all read what the quest says and go turn it in manually. And for the most part global is helpful with directing people where to go if they stuck.
    Other than the faction areas Jade forest quest hubs are neutral, its pretty hard to get stuck. The alliance I leveled was my first for mop and again no issues except the chain at the starting area but you get almost 87 with the working stuff anyways.
    With the exp rates of the realm there is no path for leveling and only someone that never played an mmo would have issues imo.
    An addon I'd recommend is Quest Completionist which shows where quests are on map and what you have done. I do agree that quest transitioning between expacs and zones can be improved but with the issues of the realm I don't think this is a priority.
    Edited: June 4, 2017