1. Forum Event - Legendary Weaponsmith

Welcome to 2017's Winter Veil Forum Event: Legendary Weaponsmith!

This event relies on our user's creativity in designing their own Artifact Weapon with
    visuals, theme, special powers and story behind the weapon's existence.

Event Rules:
    • The artwork must be original. Copying artwork from the game won't do well. To be fair with people who aren't artists, they may use art from other games, but that isn't as much valuable as original art.

• Weapon name must be World of Warcraft-like, meaning that Doom's Doomray of Doom isn't a fitting name for this event. The NPC who used to wield it, should be original as well, may even be one of the player's characters name.

• Create a story for the weapon. No Artifact Weapon is Legendary without a good story behind it. Tell who wield it first, when, for what and where it has been lost, according to the legends. These are examples to help you get started.

• Special Powers. Pick a theme fitting the class and specialization the weapon would be for. You can explain some divergences with the story, but a weapon for a Rogue that throws fireballs would be hard to justify, for example. Also, make sure to create a realistic item. It's meant to be powerful, but also something that could be in the game without destroying balance. Absurdly powerful items will just be disqualified and not considered (ex. a weapon that sunders entire worlds).

Event Rewards:
    The best designs, elected by the Staff will win the following rewards:
    • Forum Reward: Forum Title "Legendary Weaponsmith"
    • In-game Reward: one specific transmogrification of choice + item (except Legendaries).

There will be a community poll on the forum as well, in which the winner wil be given the following rewards:
    • Forum Reward: Forum Title "Legendary Weaponsmith"

Note: If you have previously won this event and have the title, you may choose to be granted "Legendary Weaponsmith+"

WINNERS: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2890750

2. I really wish I could draw, but my talents lie elsewhere :P

Otherwise, I would love to give this a try :)

3. If you cannot draw, that's fine. You can make up for it in the other areas of the event. If you can design cool weapon powers and/or write a good story, you can go for that and still stand a chance of winning.

4. I really wish I could draw, but my talents lie elsewhere :P

Otherwise, I would love to give this a try :)
    Yeah bud, I don't think Female Seduction talent counts as Arts & Crafts, although its pretty damn Crafty in my book! XD

5. Yeah bud, I don't think Female Seduction talent counts as Arts & Crafts, although its pretty damn Crafty in my book! XD
    HA! True Dat!

Thanks Mercy! I might try and team up with an artist!

6. This event could use a bit more definition. I feel like you perhaps deleted a few bullet points before posting.

Presumably we're imagining and defining a weapon. Are there any guidelines on what is sought in this weapon and/or the context of the weapon? Is it to be a class-weapon? A Boss-drop? An event reward? Thorandil the Star's Fury is a fine example of a Legendary Weapon with cruddy context, and is accordingly boring. So boring I got its name wrong and didn't even care.

You reference "artwork" - Are you looking for scans of drawings? (I presume it's not a mail-in contest) Are we supposed to be creating a Weapon-card in the fashion of an in-game hover-over? Or are you looking for something that's Hearthstone-card-like? What are the guidelines on "artwork"? Can I submit a song?

Are computer-generated images acceptable? I have MS Paint skills that are on point.

Where do we submit?

What is the deadline?

Are multiple submissions allowed? What if I have a MH/OH combo idea?

Cheers on a fun and interesting contest! Just need more details please!

7. This event could use a bit more definition. I feel like you perhaps deleted a few bullet points before posting.

Presumably we're imagining and defining a weapon. Are there any guidelines on what is sought in this weapon and/or the context of the weapon? Is it to be a class-weapon? A Boss-drop? An event reward? Thorandil the Star's Fury is a fine example of a Legendary Weapon with cruddy context, and is accordingly boring. So boring I got its name wrong and didn't even care.

You reference "artwork" - Are you looking for scans of drawings? (I presume it's not a mail-in contest) Are we supposed to be creating a Weapon-card in the fashion of an in-game hover-over? Or are you looking for something that's Hearthstone-card-like? What are the guidelines on "artwork"? Can I submit a song?

Are computer-generated images acceptable? I have MS Paint skills that are on point.

Where do we submit?

What is the deadline?

Cheers on a fun and interesting contest! Just need more details please!
    ^ That dude just killed the mood... (sigh)

8. This event could use a bit more definition. I feel like you perhaps deleted a few bullet points before posting.

Be creative. You're asking for hard limitations. There aren't any when it comes to these points. We'd prefer to see what people come up with, rather than give a more specific outline for everyone to follow.

Where do we submit?
    Post in this thread.

What is the deadline?
    Jan. 2nd

Yes, multiple submissions are allowed. Only one submission per person can win, though. A MH/OH combo can be treated as a "packaged" concept.

9. Seems good! About drawing though, yes! But when it comes to making story, effin RIP. ;__;

10. @mercy
    STONEDBRINGER
    https://imgur.com/a/oRkU6
    Edited: December 19, 2017 Reason: insert name of my legendary sword

11. @mercy Thanks for the clarifications.

12. how do u mean team up? im artist but im bad at writing stories :( maybe we can team up, but waht about prises? how will we be prized Mercy?

13. @Mercy i have one question, is there a way to see last years entry for this event? i need only winners, or best one, so i can see how to do story part... i mean i remember that one of them done something with story and weapon stats but i just wanna see how to do it. i ss it but i deleted it :( pls

14. are shields included on this event?

123 ... Last